[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colds, sore throats, and general trail illness.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: stuffy-nose.jpg (63KB, 1200x862px) Image search: [Google]
stuffy-nose.jpg
63KB, 1200x862px
So you are half way through a multi day walk and you wake up with that feeling. Your throat is starting to swell, swallowing is painful, and your nose is glued shut with thick green snot. You still have multiple days walking ahead of you. What do you do? What is in your pack to fix this? What have you been doing to try and avoid this situation?
>>
>>959384
Colds or flu are density dependent and I get them because I am surrounded by infected people
I've never gotten any kind of respiratory illness /out/
I guess I would just have to tough it out

Gastrointestinal problems are real common though
I once talked to a wilderness rescue person and they said it was their number one reason for evacuating people
I try to bring some Imodium on long trips, make sure my cook-set is clean, and every once in a while I boil my spoon
>>
>>959408
>Imodium
I was talking to someone about how dangerous imodium can be. They got some sort of bug or parasite while out. They took imodium to stop them from crapping but end up incubating what ever it was and making it ten times. Will try and get more details off them as I have forgotten the key bits.
>>
>>959411
Checked
I've never had to use it, but brought it along in case of emergencies
I'll have to check my first aid kit to see if it is still there since it has probably expired
I think you aren't supposed to use it for over 48 hours, or if you have fever or bloody stools
>>
Chew up raw garlic cloves.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.