[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so I need to get a nice and warm pair of work boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: goretex.png (381KB, 821x481px) Image search: [Google]
goretex.png
381KB, 821x481px
Alright, so I need to get a nice and warm pair of work boots that I can also be fairly nimble in. I don't need hiking boots, and I don't want to look like a fudd. What do you guys wear? I've just been wearing an old pair of steel-toes, and it isn't cutting it with maneuverability and warmth. Pic related is the closest I could find to my current boots, albeit a newer version.
>>
>>959071
>I don't need hiking boots
Why are you here?
>I don't want to look like a fudd
>>>/fa/
>>
File: boot.jpg (24KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
24KB, 450x450px
>>959073
I already have a nice pair of hiking boots, but I don't want to wear them at work. And by fudd, I mean I don't want to wear shit that looks like this, aka straight outta boot boots
>>
>>959073
>>959078
Also, 90% of my job is working outside in snowbanks/mud with heavy machinery, so they have to be able to resist crushing.
>>
>>959071
Timberland's PRO series is pretty awesome and not too pricey when compared with other top of the line brands. I've worn a couple of pairs of their steel toe boots and they're very comfortable, quite warm, and fit me well (for whatever that's worth).

https://www.timberland.com/shop/mens-pro-work-boots
>>
File: 24520-40558-fi-1.jpg (87KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
24520-40558-fi-1.jpg
87KB, 900x900px
>>959221
>>959221
>>959071

I have these and they are a really comfy nice pair of boots. However if you work in an enviroment where you are constanstly catching boots on metal i cannot vouch for the nubuck holding up. Ive already managed to expose both toe caps from cuts and i have only owned them for 5months.

I got mine from screwfix in the uk for 60quid, that is there standard price and they retail at 80 everywhere else.
>>
>>959071
I had a pair of U.S.Postal Service issue waterproof, insulated Rockys. They were super comfy and would recommend except they were black and looked a little copish.
>>
File: download.png (136KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
136KB, 474x474px
I'll second the Timberland's. I use these in an indoor environment mostly, but they've done well on the construction sites I'm sometimes at.
>>
>>959071
Meindl make work boots (at least for forestry they do), so do HAIX which is a great brand, Dunlop boots are good and inexpensive, Grisport if you can find the brand in a store, Treemme i think (i have their 1114 model logging boot and it's damn good), Cofra and there's a bunch of brand. Or just go to a store and look at some boots with a steel toe and select the one you like the look of, if your store can reserve a product for you, tell them to reserve that boot, go check online the reviews of it and buy it.
>>
>>959230
i love these boots for when im working on projects that involve a lot of short walks or general standing (Chopping, painting, moving stuff, yard work) however for pojects that invlove long walks (i know you said you didnt need hiking boots) i have had some comfort issues
>>
>>959071
CAT boots are pretty good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.