[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beach tents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: chinese culture.png (2MB, 927x1641px) Image search: [Google]
chinese culture.png
2MB, 927x1641px
Any good recommendations? Ideally looking for the following features

-Withstand constant and sometimes strong wind
-Rain fly that isn't the equivalent of a g-string
-Lots of air flow/windows/mesh
-2 doors would be nice
-Simple set up
-Not going to cost me a kidney in $$$

I've made some pretty cheap and shitty tents work and survive more than one 3 day excursion at a beach, but having one that would hold up for a year and not be a janky POS would be nice.

pic unrelated
>>
https://hennessyhammock.com/products/ultralite-backpacker-zip-with-silnylon-monsoon-fly-combo-70-off
>>
>>958119
I love hammocks, but where the fuck are you going to put it on a beach?
>>
>>958108
http://www.diamantina.net.au/product/campmor-safari-hennie-2-4mx2-4m-canvas-tent/ One of there I've had one for 4 years now great for on the beach best tent I've had for use in strong wind
>>
>>958119

As cool as that Tentmock is, no trees in sight at the beach
>>
>>958108
So you want a nice beach tent.

This assumes you are driving to the beach and packing it from the lot to the dunes.

You want a bad ass fuck palace?

Ticla Teahouse 3.

Easily my best car camp tent! Sorry, all pics on old phn.

You are welcome.
>>
File: HuuuuuAHHHHHHH.gif (1008KB, 245x188px) Image search: [Google]
HuuuuuAHHHHHHH.gif
1008KB, 245x188px
>>958133
Fucking great looking, but way out of my price range

>>958360
Wow all that mesh is exactly what I'm looking for, the fly isn't what i was hoping for, but the fact all the windows have zip covers is killer.

Bookmarked
>>
>>958360

also, I'm in TX, so we can drive on our beaches. I just park where I set up :P
>>
>>958108
>good windproof tent
>cheap

Pick one
>>
File: viggy.jpg (52KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
viggy.jpg
52KB, 600x450px
>>958737

Well i didn't say wind proof, I just implied "won't fall apart under high wind" which even a couple walmart tents have done for me in the past. They just always fail in the airflow/doors/functionality department

Cheapish, it is a beach tent so I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars, but I'm willing to shell out one or maybe two hundred. I'm hoping people here will have recommendations beyond what I'll find at big box stores/amazon prime etc.
>>
REI Half Dome 2 Plus is probably the best all around tent I've ever owned.

Also check Alpine Designs and Eureka, better than Walmart-tier brands but not as expensive as Marmot, Big Agnes, etc.
>>
Don't forget to get bigger stakes than the ones that come with your tent.
And more of them
Sand does not hold regular stakes well
>>
File: Cadmium.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Cadmium.png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>958108

>ADVChina

That's my favorite youtube channel, those guys are hilarious.
>>
>>958913
They make special tent stakes for sand, I've seen them online. They look like a corkscrew, and screw themselves into the sand to keep your shit in place.
>>
>>959028
And I have used them in the sand, but 4 was not enough
>>
They are not cheap and NOT for hiking but Kodiak Canvas flex bow tents are fucking GOAT.
>>
File: me rikey.png (304KB, 415x540px) Image search: [Google]
me rikey.png
304KB, 415x540px
>>958913
Oh yeah, I use some 14" stakes and buried anchors if necessary
>>959067
fucking sexy tent
>>958888
i'll look into them

The last tent I used/have right now is a coleman hooligan 2, which has the most secure rain fly in a cheapish tent, with great airflow. But is a huge PITA to set up under windy condition. Far more so than any other tent I've brought out so far
>>958961
They get diarrhea so I dont have to!
>>
>>959758
They are heavy as fuck seeing as they are canvas. But mine held up during storms while out on the PINS.
>>
>>959865
different tex fag here how far into PINS do you go? I was too spooked to camp any deeper than little shell without any firearms. The fishing was great though.

Also, how the fuck do you guys deal with the humidity at night when camping on the beach. It's miserable if you go any time after april.
>>
>>960444
Third Texas fag reporting in. What on Earth is spooky about Padre? There's nothing out there but beach, scrub, and people fishing.
>>
>>960474
When you're wade fishing with just your fiancee and no cell signal, getting stuck by a string ray or visited by a gray suit becomes a lot more dangerous. Having talked to some other fisherman, spooky things happen at certain mile markers/run ins with illegal immigrant smugglers.
>>
>>960476
Honestly, I go places like that exactly because there's no one else and no cell signal. I just don't see the value in being paranoid.

I spend a lot of time along the Rio Grande (family down there) and have never had an issue with illegals or smugglers. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was along the river below Falcon. A friend and I got out there super early to fish and set up just on the downstream side of a stand of cane. Right about the time the sun came up a crummy little boat full of ten people comes down past us, obviously aiming for the open spot where we had parked. They were freaking out, we just waved and said howdy and watched them all scatter into the brush. Figured it was Border Patrol's problem, not ours.
>>
>>960444
I went all the way down to the 60 mile marker then turned around and found a spot maybe 10 miles from the end so around 50 miles down the beach.

Also I have been stung by a sting ray before it's not fun. That being said a 14 round clip in my pistol at my side, 30 round clip in my AR in the XJ, and 110lb lab/rot mix that stays within 15 feet of me = not being worried about much.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.