[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the laws on knife carrying in the UK? Are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

File: 1482846802410.jpg (2MB, 2560x1699px) Image search: [Google]
1482846802410.jpg
2MB, 2560x1699px
What are the laws on knife carrying in the UK? Are there any knives I can carry innawoods that the police wouldn't harass me for having?
Inb4 butter knife
>>
In the woods you can technically carry any knife you want.

But it must be packed and stored out of reach when travelling.
>>
https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives
>>
>>958104 says it all. Basically as long as you aren't a black teen in the city you can carry whatever the hell you want. Also if the cops do stop you in the countryside don't be a dick, just make something up like you're a butcher.
>>
If you aren't in a bad city or a nigger you can carry a 3' non-locking knife in a pocket most of the time the law is loose
In the forest you can have locking knives and such
You can't own weeaboo ninja sword staffs or edgy knifes that say ZOMBIE KILLUR with big curves in it
>>
>>958061
>What are the laws on knife carrying in the UK?
Bad

>Are there any knives I can carry innawoods that the police wouldn't harass me for having?
Not good ones

>Inb4 butter knife
That's a trip to the Tower of London for you.
>>
Becker BK II is one of the best knives you can hope for.
>>
File: chav shiv.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
chav shiv.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>
>>958061
Check /out/ the Spydero Roadie.
>>
A small non locking knife will be OK.

A fantasy dagger with dragon claws and shit will get you drawn and quartered.

Samurai sword owners are tied between two horses and the horses are told to charge in opposite directions and the general public is then allowed to collect your giblets for genuine british cooking.

This is why most murders in England are committed with spoons and baby powder.
>>
Don't be a dork. Bin that fork.
>>
File: 41K-5VEOlsL._SY400_.jpg (19KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
41K-5VEOlsL._SY400_.jpg
19KB, 500x306px
>>958061
>>958404
https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-PINGO-Plain-Knife-Black/dp/B009LKJ3RQ
>>
File: uk_sucks.png (352KB, 492x438px) Image search: [Google]
uk_sucks.png
352KB, 492x438px
>>958061
>>
File: uk_sucks1.png (101KB, 1071x352px) Image search: [Google]
uk_sucks1.png
101KB, 1071x352px
>>958518
>>
File: uk_sucks2.jpg (336KB, 1046x809px) Image search: [Google]
uk_sucks2.jpg
336KB, 1046x809px
>>958519
>>
>>958061
How about you get a life and bin that knife
>>
File: 1454964898897.jpg (90KB, 880x558px) Image search: [Google]
1454964898897.jpg
90KB, 880x558px
>>958518

We occasionally have odd cases like this in the US too. Our booby trap laws are sort of lame too, in my opinion. Around my state, I can't set up a trap in the house that hurts invaders.

I can carry locking and flixed blade knives under a certain length. And owning an arsenal of rifles and guns is fine. You need a concealed carry permit to take one into a grocery store/whatever concealed.

Some states have open carry laws which inspire people march around with rifles and the results are usually nonviolent but goofy. I don't need a rifle while picking up some limes from the market. It might be legal but you're likely to have two policemen following you around and maybe get kicked out of various private establishments.
>>
>>958537

also our butterfly knife laws are goofy as fuck

like our long outdated drug laws regarding entire plants as drugs

they're remnants of long ago forged by old men 5 years away from needing to wear piss bags who knew nothing about the laws they were passing
>>
File: 1485558667888.jpg (60KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485558667888.jpg
60KB, 639x480px
>>958537
>You need a concealed carry permit to take one into a grocery store/whatever concealed.

You kinda know what you're talking about but not really. Spend some more time on /k/, and learn your states specific gun laws
>>
>>958537
>When you live in glorious Maine and even concealed carry requires no permit of any kind
>>
General rule of thumb is:

You can carry a bladed article as long as if/when stopped, you can give them a good reason e.g. Going camping. Just make sure it's not one of those stupid bright green 'zombie' type ones, or anything ridiculous
>>
>>958061
You can cany virtually any knife unless it's specifically banned if you have a good reason. Good reasons include work, hiking, camping, hunting, etc.
>>
I work at a train station in a large city and carry this everywhere, I have been stopped with it but never had any trouble. It helps that I'm a white non dickhead
>>
Serious question here, are pictures of knoifes allowed? I need something to scare off two legged tanned predators
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.