[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the meaning of life, /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19

What's the meaning of life, /out/?
>>
Comfortable shoes.
>>
To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. This is the purpose of life.
>>
>>957925
Oh yeah? Well try doing all that when your feet hurt.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>957943
Can confirm. I have to wear steal toes for work and anon is on to something.
>tfw composite toes did more good for mankind's happiness than any antidepressant
>>
>>957943
>my feet hurt
>I wish I had some comfortable shoes
>>
I've never had a pair of shoes as comfy as my asics. 6 months later and they're still comfy as fuck. i'll never wear new balance, nike, or adidas shoes again.
>>
>>957920
1. Get money
2. Get the power
3 Get the woman

Step #3 mostly involves their pussies.
>>
>>957990
I'm pretty sure that's not the meaning of life. Might as well just >>957922
>>
File: IMG_3966.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3966.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: places-to-visit-in-the-world6.jpg (112KB, 638x398px) Image search: [Google]
places-to-visit-in-the-world6.jpg
112KB, 638x398px
Even though we totally take it for granted from living here, this planet is the shit. I think the meaning of life is having an ongoing appreciation of how unique and awesome our very unlikely ecosystem actually is.
>>
>>957920
Crush your enemies, see the driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.
>>
File: 1422987581614.jpg (37KB, 555x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422987581614.jpg
37KB, 555x500px
there is no meaning. meaning is a lie invented by idiots, it is a derivative of those religions children like so much - the notion that man was created by someone and has some task to fill.
>>
File: 1432568072099.png (1MB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
1432568072099.png
1MB, 970x545px
>>958069
>the driven
>>
To have fun and do thinks you like. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
>>
If you can't take risks, you won't know where you are supposed to be. Use your time here to be selfless; if you ever feel worthless than fucking do something about it. I find my real strength in the forest. Remember there's a huge difference between your mind and your ego. We are all capable of so much.
>>
>>957920
God
>>
File: 1450974014171.jpg (68KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1450974014171.jpg
68KB, 668x712px
>>958085
>if you ever feel worthless than fucking do something about it

BUT HOW
>>
File: 4chin.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4chin.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>958131
shitpost on /b/
>>
>>957920
You make it up as you go along.
>>
>>958080
Fucking selfindulgent prick!

To help others in need, to be of service to your community, to love your family and first and foremost to worship God before all else!
>>
>>957920

This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVMSs2h7_7I
>>
To find the meaning of life, first thing you've got to do is ask yoourself a question.

Are dreams real?

It's a deceptively simple question, but upon consideration it reveals a couple of deeper truths about that nature of reality and why the hell you exist in the first place.

Think about it for a whole day and then we'll further discuss it.
>>
>>958729
I don't know if they are real or not but I can say you that I dream a lot and I really mean it. I dream multiple times a night, with family, friends, people that I have met once years ago. Dreams about parties, sex, holidays, work. It's overwhelming sometimes.

Anyone knows why?
>>
>>957920
To camp as much as possible. And purchase 4x4 vehicles.
>>
>>958729
Dreams aren't real, its just your brain processing a bunch of subconscious shit.
>>
>>958080
This. The meaning of life is to be satisfied with yourself and do what makes you happy
>>
>>957920
Take LSD/Shrooms and find out for yourself.

I always had an interest in buddhism and read a few books/listened to a few lectures. It wasn't until I used LSD a few times and was reading Alan Watts book named "The book" that I discovered the meaning of life (or what it is for me anyway)

We're all a part of "it", I'm here to be food for the big animals and eat the small animals. I am just a small cog in a cosmic framework; I am a small atom that makes up the greater whole.

The meaning of life is just to "be", we have as much meaning as a tree or a cat or even some dirt. There is no meaning beyond to sustain everything else and be a part of "it".

It's different levels of magnification. You've got atoms, you zoom out and you've got a table leg, you zoom out and you've got a table, you zoom out and you've got a house, you zoom out and you've got a planet.

We're just like atoms, small parts that make up a whole (but we're never disconnected from the whole, we're all "it").
>>
>>957920
To breed. This is what has driven us since the dawn of our existence, and this is what will drive us until we are gone from this universe. Everything that has ever lived has been fueled by an unyielding desire to pass on their genes. It is the ultimate truth behind every action and decision we make. The OP image is likely the reason many of you are in this thread to begin with. No matter what beliefs you hold or what accomplishments you make, if you do not contribute part of yourself to the next generation, your existence has been fruitless.The sole reason you exist is to ensure that your decedents exist. This is the supreme biological truth.
>>
>>
>>960560
mah nigga. reading The Book right now
>>
>>957920
In some way it is to provide meaning to your own existence. Life is suffering and we each need to prove our worth to the point that this is overcome.
>>
File: ladeez.jpg (40KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
ladeez.jpg
40KB, 540x960px
>>958073
siqq nihilism broh
>>
File: newborn-baby-care5.jpg (26KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
newborn-baby-care5.jpg
26KB, 425x282px
to make more life.
>>
>>957920
I like the existentialist idea that life is meaningless. I like the idea that life is a blank slate and you write your own meaning on it. For me, the meaning of life is to leave a positive impression on the people I care about. This means being a good friend and spending time with people, but it also means having interesting solo experiences so I'm a more enriching person to be around. I'm definitely not perfect, but I try to be knowledgeable and have good stories to tell in the hope that other people benefit from my knowledge at least as much as I benefit from theirs. It's hard to measure culture, but my hope is that I contribute more than I consume.

As a side note, I think any easy way for people to take part in this philosophy is by contributing to online communities, whether by editing Wikipedia articles, writing informative blogs, or if you want to keep it out related a lot of trail websites struggle to keep information up to date. Hell, if you know what you're doing it might even be worth it to go out and help clear and mark your local trails. Just remember that the community of people that created you is made up mostly of people who contribute the bare minimum, almost everything you enjoy was the result of someone who took their own initiative and decided to be the best version of themselves.
>>
>>957988

I haven't used any other trail runners besides Asics. I was recently looking into getting a new pair of Adidas but your post is making me think about just sticking to Asics.
>>
>>957920

To be relatively happy without being an asshole to others.
>>
Existence is a riddle.

Life is a dream.

Life is just part of the riddle.

You'll never solve the riddle. The truth may be more complex and astounding that one is incapable of comprehending it. Or it could be simple. Everybody thinks they're right but there's no way to be sure when there's no answer book.
>>
>>958729
Thanks for this.

Now I know the purpose of life is to experience everything. The only thing is you; existence itself is a dream. You put this whole world here just so that you can experience it.
>>
>>957920
to acquire the Holy Spirit
>>
>>957988
>>963807

Asics are boss. Not /fa/ but the best running shoes there is. Miracle shoes that basically corrected my stride and prevented plantar fasciitis. Then I tried Nike shoes, and they fucked up my feet.
>>
>>957920
>What's the meaning of life, /out/?
a hot desert of fear pain and struggle and general suffering with brief shades of pleasure and satisfaction.
>>
>>957920
There is no meaning, objectively speaking. Humans are the only creatures known to grapple with this question, however, we aren't the only creatures that have life.

I'd say the closest we can get to "meaning" is to find fulfillment by living as closely to our nature as possible. We are physical creatures first and foremost, who spent most of our time as a species running, hunting, gathering, living in small close-knit communities celebrating high festivals. So small wonder that once we stopped doing this people began collectively scratching their heads and wondering what the hell it all means.

At least that's my take on it.
>>
>>958739
I would say you spend an above average amount of time in REM sleep
>>
We come into this world with nothing
And leave with nothing but love
Everything else is just borrowed
>>
>>957920
IMO that's a question that you'll need to think about for the entirety of life, and no other person can give you an answer to that question. The meaning of life is what you make it, and ultimately only the dead know the answer to it.
>>
>>964173
The dead don't know anything because they're dead and their brains aren't receiving oxygen
Kind of like yours
>>
>>957920
On a premise that I believe that every generation needs its own prophets, as Emerson said, I don't believe in absolut thruths. Therefore I see life as a circular spiral that either moves forward or backward and the meaning of life for me is constant striving to push a little bit forward and advance that motion of the spiral forward so when my cycle ends it is a little bit forward than when it started. And so on and on and on thought countless generations until the perfection, which of course is unreachable.
>>
>>964184
r/atheism is down the hall and to the left fag

git spiritual or git btfo
>>
All true Truths lie in contradiction.
>>
>>964302
Go to Bible study if you want a sky Santa circle jerk
>>
>>964313
That means nothing.
>>
>>964366
Just like life
Now the thread has come full circle and can end
>>
>>957920
to snuggle with your honey as much as possible
>>
>>964366
There it is!
>>
File: 1366390769264.jpg (762KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1366390769264.jpg
762KB, 2048x1366px
You are all right. Purpose, like everything else, is a construct of the brain, and that's okay.

Consciousness is a mirror to the universe, even a kaleidoscope or artist. It's kinda like putting filters on, or you can go #nofilter like anon over here
>>958073

Ultimately, it doesn't really change anything whether there is intrinsic "meaning" to life (even though survival is the objective base purpose of life) or not, just be happy.
>>
File: omegapoint.gif (2KB, 159x159px) Image search: [Google]
omegapoint.gif
2KB, 159x159px
https://steemit.com/science/@alexbeyman/the-universe-is-evolving-from-hydrogen-to-humans-and-beyond

You're welcome. Be cool and gentle.
>>
>>957920
i don't know lots of people say jesus try that
>>
>>964439
Try what my child?
>>
>>964439
I say Jesus to get the Mormon kids to go away.

And when I stump my toe.
>>
To love God and love his creation
>>
>>964474
You mean that rock he made that's to big for him to move?
>>
>>964472
>not inviting them in and telling them they can't leave until to they do a couple of bong rips
>>
>>964439
"Good Friday"

Sat at my window watched the world
wake up this morning
Purple sky slowly turning golden,
distant elms so orange
you'd swear they're burning

All this flowing water
has got my mind wandering
Do you ever finally reach
a point of knowing
or do you just wake up one day
and say I am going?

What will I tell you
when you ask me why I'm crying?
Will I point above
at the Red Tail gracefully soaring
or down to below where its prey
is quietly trembling?

Two thousand years ago Jesus is left is left there hanging
Purple sky slowly turning golden
Cowards at his feet loudly laughing
Loved ones stumbling homeward
their worlds reeling
Red Tail above my head quietly soaring
Water turns from ice, creek is roaring
He says enough of all this shit, I am going
>>
>>964490
Pretty sure that's what Joseph Smith was smokin'
>>
>>964494
Sure would explain a lot
>hey man, what if we all got our own planet when we died? How fucking cool would that be?
>>
To climb mountains like Alex Honnold
>>
The meaning of life is the meaning you find in it.
>>
>>
>>957920
Sacrifice.
>>
>>961472
Memetics>>Genetics

We would be nowhere without the preservation of ideas.
>>
>>967289
Meme was term coined to refer to the passing on of allels threw generation. Meme=gene you uneducated fuck.
>>
>>967321
By Sir Richard Dawkins
>>
File: Michael Bay Coke Bird.gif (2MB, 320x165px) Image search: [Google]
Michael Bay Coke Bird.gif
2MB, 320x165px
>>957920
To procreate and increase entropy.
>>
>>967464
So, basically, "to live".
>>
The three Ps: pussy, power and profit
Unfortunately I didn't really have any of those
Kill me
>>
File: fly fishing river2.jpg (2MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
fly fishing river2.jpg
2MB, 3968x2976px
>>957920
Getting out there. Wherever "there" may be for you and whatever you want to do there. Procreation is a basic thing, but we're a damn smart species. You have to enjoy life, and since we're on /out/ we like going outdoors. I don't know why there are some people that like the outdoors and some that don't but that's just my little way of thinking that maybe our point is just to go out there. Have fun, and appreciate what we have on Earth.

Pic related, is my "there", fly fishing on the beautiful rivers of England.
>>
>>967635
That is so beautiful, post more pics
>>
>>964383
woooooooooooooow great chart
I personally am a fan of either opposites:
*creating your own meaning (Nietzsche Ubermensch)
*having none and going with the flow (Taoism)

will immediatelly read some stuff from your chart
heidegger, giacomo and stirner
>>
>>957920
Make money, fuck bitches. Make mo money fuck mo bitches homey.
>>
The meaning of your life: to enjoy yourself

The meaning of all life: to define what is right and wrong
EAt my dock thax
>>
>>963775

Exactly. Biology student here, so I guess I study life. The only real reason we exist is so that we replicate. What's the difference between you, and a rock? A rock can't produce a replica of itself. Not saying it is necessarily right to screw everything that walks, to make babies, but it is the only reason we exist. Essentially long ago some sort of molecule was able to replicate itself, and through natural selection got better at doing so. Eventually rudimentary nucleotides evolved with the molecule to be better at making copies of itself. Multiply this by trillions of generations, and you wind up with us.
>>
>>968455
are you implying that the "purpose" of life = the "meaning" of life?

just because it seems that our purpose in the duration of being alive is to keep ourselves living long enough to reproduce, doesn't necessarily make that the "meaning" of life. maybe the "meaning" of life is much more profound, so much so that it's imperative we reproduce and keep life lifing and experiencing this meaning.
>>
>>958033
SAUCE
>>
File: 1432946572229.jpg (237KB, 861x555px) Image search: [Google]
1432946572229.jpg
237KB, 861x555px
Obligatory
>>
>>968488
That's nice an all, but... WHY?
>>
>>958073
>the notion that man was created by someone and has some task to fill.
>there is no meaning. meaning is a lie invented by idiots

We were, materialistically speaking by "some thing" but regarding meaning to life perhaps it's ultimately subjective depending on each person. Define meaning also, because how can you say someone's life doesn't have a valid prime motivator which is encompassed by meaning itself be it even science that keeps them going in life? Is that a lie? Or what "meaning" where you talking about? Perhaps you disagree in the meaning as in all humans could have a possible meaning if they become religious/spiritual? I mean on a primordial tier way of thinking we humans are flesh like animals and do animals have a meaning in their life? Is the question of "do we have a meaning" just straight out invalid? Or is it up to a person, can animals reason and decide what is the "meaning" of their life? Perhaps for humans and animals the meaning of life is to experience life itself, the good and the bad. Overall I guess depending on how one looks at this question s/he can derive out of it different answers, but yeah lastly you don't really need to proclaim your opinion which is built on your emotions as objective truth. You sound negative/nihilistic but like I said there are different answers depending on how you view this subject and by what metric you reason/judge, this can apply to any question really.
>>
To raise your vibration and to help as many other people to do the same by way of positive thought and action. Your thoughts and actions are energy. Make them positive.
>>
File: img-thing_imad.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_imad.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>968575
>>
File: stillsuit.jpg (30KB, 550x405px) Image search: [Google]
stillsuit.jpg
30KB, 550x405px
>>957920
freedom
>>
>>968579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkLrnI7SsVY
>>
>>968578
I am sorry that you do not relate. One day, you will.
>>
>>968503
... y-you're an infant God... idk, I don't buy it myself. It's just a half-assed paraphrase of the original pasta that was being passed around in the early 2000s. The original was longer, and much more profound.
>>
>>957920
The only thing about I know about life is that only the dead hear true jokes and only the living shine and glow bright.
>>
>>968462

Fair point, but I guess in my philosophy I end up equating the two. I mean if you take it, that we are the product of natural selection designing chemical machines best at reproduction, then I guess there is no real meaning. Our purpose is to reproduce. Maybe there is meaning in transcending our evolutionary fate? Maybe there is meaning in creating a world where fraternity is not dependent on kinship like it is in every other product of natural selection. I guess I end up leaning towards nihilism, or hedonism, but you make good points.
>>
>>958073
found the 13 year old
>>
>>957920
In the words of Tom T. Hall -

faster horses
older whiskey
younger women
and
more money
>>
>>965333
> underrated post
>>
>>968488
Sounds awful.
All those lives are already predetermined, you are hopeless in every way. For such a nutjob theory, it takes all the fun out of life by taking away the factor of free will (whether or not it does exist is beyond the point here), you just play a part after another. Sometimes you have to live an absolutely miserable life and character, and there's nothing you can do because you're even preprogrammed for it. You cannot find peace of mind if you're not meant to in this life, there's no wisdom to it, just playing a bunch of parts one after another with no hopes of ever having any input or progress at all. You're going through a shitload of lives, trillios upon trillions of them, and you can't do anything but play the part that you've been given, without any progress whatsoever.
That's a really shitty existence and makes no sense.
>>
>>958235
if that makes you happy then you are essentially agreeing with him
>>
>>957920
To observe. If something is going to happen it will. Seek out beauty and share it. Watch the storm from a green hill.
>>
>>967635
This is almost exactly how I imagined the setting of the outdoor scene of 1984.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEpsVSdtfcc
>>
>>957920
"Be just and fair to all. Do what is right and good,"

God bless, OP
>>
http://www.astro.com/cgi/ade.cgi
Sort yourself out
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.