[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alpkit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: beachtowel_1000.jpg (174KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
beachtowel_1000.jpg
174KB, 1000x1000px
Great prices and tempting looking kit. Does /out/ have any experience with their gear?
>>
File: 20150421_093443i.jpg (1MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20150421_093443i.jpg
1MB, 1494x2656px
>>957746

You fair value for what you pay for. it's cheaper than most branded gear that is above crappy highstreet grade in the UK ( crap like Regatta and Gelert)

This is an AlpKit 650ml Ti mug, it's nice but it's flimsier than an 10 year old condom. All I've ever used it for is boiling up shellfish, making coffee and heating up boil in the bag food and the bottom has warmed to the point it make it sit flat you have to push it in, and then it will pop back out with a fucking almighty PING! at the slightest touch.

I called in the the showroom a couple of years back and checked the returns/reject bin (well worth doing if you're UK based and are passing close to Nottingham) I scored a Ti nonstick frying pan for a fiver and a buddy picked up a set of carbon fibre walking pole at the same time (8 quid each) that had locked up and weren't adjustable- he was able to fix 'em and has been using them fine since. Another buddy bought one of the super thick dozer sleep mats, it's too heavy to carry on a hike really but he's used it for literally months of car camping where he's rolled the seats down and laid it flat out, he swears by it now.
>>
>>957803
My house mate has the same mug, I was impressed by it, especially after I saw the price. But not enough to replace my trangia mini. I am eyeing up their wool base layers right now.
>>
File: hunkasize.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hunkasize.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
Have "Hunka XL".
Used it when homeless in UK coastal town in storms.
Works good.
Nuff said.
>>
>>957820
Not OP but that does look pretty good
Where in the UK should I look to buy a single tent I'll probably check showrooms for some discounted stuff but failing that.
>>
>>957832
online don't even bother with showrooms/stores unless you want to get your bank account raped through the arse.

in the UK the market is very restricted in terms of options that aren't utterly shite .A Vango Banshee 2000 seems to be about the cost efficient solution to a fair backpacking tent, spend less and you're buying crap (pop up tents Argos specials etc)

I ditched the tent a long time ago, it's now all about a tarp for me. Unless you want to be camping out on a bare hillside in a decent wind it's a lot more versatile.
>>
File: 20161005_075139.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_075139.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I have their old brukit 1200? whatever the 2L one is that got replaced recently by the coyote and other models.

I used it for 12 days on my bike trip. It fits a 110g or the 250g canister with burner inside.

I had to crimp the little indentations that lock the pot to the stove as it would not release without throwing hot liquid up at me.

It is not the lightest cook set nor is it high quality but it works just like a jetboil, just as fast and for less than half the price.

I now use other stoves but as my first camp stove, it worked well.

The outer neoprene cover did not last a year. the bottom actually burned and then the stitching went. Alpkit sent me a used one out of the ole bin of shit for about 5 squids shipped to USA.

I really like how theres only 1 small opening in the lid so you know when its ready by the jet of steam shooting out.

built in piezo ignition is great and the stove has intigrated windscreen.

I would not recommend their tents or any sewn products, as they are deff chinese in nature. Read reviews on how they fail.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.