[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ need a mycologist or something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: Need_a_mycologist.png (4MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Need_a_mycologist.png
4MB, 1600x1200px
Trying to identify a fungus growing on one of the trees on my property.

Pic related
Extra details:
>growing on a non fruiting mulberry
>area is west side of the central san-joaquin valley in california, high desert climate in the rain shadow of the coastal range
>branch that the mushrooms are growing out of is showing signs of exfoliation indicating dead sections of the branch, however the mushrooms are not growing on portions of the tree known to be dead
>no other neighboring trees on the property are showing similar growths
>>
File: growing_up_the_whole_branch.png (4MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
growing_up_the_whole_branch.png
4MB, 1200x1600px
>>957073
Pic also related.
>>
>>957073
>>957077
Schizophyllum commune
>>
File: thanks.png (4MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
4MB, 1600x1200px
>>957113
Cool.
>>
>>957073

Eat some and post your results!
>>
File: goin_to_work.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goin_to_work.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>957432
Nah, now if they were morels I'd totally cook them up in a butter garlic sauce.

However since you took the time to respond, here's a photo I took going to work, last summer I believe... or possibly spring. Not sure which anymore.
>>
Finally some fucking fungi posting on out again. What kind of temperatures should I be looking for spring mushrooms to be popping up in the Pacific Northwest?
>>
>>957073
I'd like to compliment you on providing a high level of detail with your question.
>>
File: 5-split-gill-mushrooms.jpg (176KB, 1006x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5-split-gill-mushrooms.jpg
176KB, 1006x1200px
>>957073
>>957077

>>957113 is correct. Schizophyllum commune, split gill mushroom, because of that distinctive splitting you captured so well in the quarter image.

Schizophyllum commune get very fuzzy in the winter months.

Beautiful shots, anon!
>>
File: another_one.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
another_one.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>957942
Thankyou.

>>958062
Thanks. Was using a Sony cybershot that the macro function only works a quarter of the time on.

Also kinda curious about this one as well. I took this when I was working for the Fremont Winema Nat. Forest

>location, about two miles south of the southern gate to Crater Lake Nat. Park
>If I recall correctly this was growing on quaking aspens, but I've been on two different forests since then and stuff gets mixed up some.

>>957763
Dunno myself since I'm not into that aspect of stuff, I know my room-mate when I was in K-falls went out morel hunting during the warmups between freezes, in particular a few days after any time it rained, however that was also a weird winter where a pineapple express blew out all the snow and it never really got cold again after that except for one storm after that.
>>
>>958391
Phellinus igniarius maybe? Some kind of poylpore anyway.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.