[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gear list critique thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: kit.jpg (729KB, 3883x2256px) Image search: [Google]
kit.jpg
729KB, 3883x2256px
Sup guys,

so for those of us who actually go inna, I thought it'd be fun to share our kit and discuss a little bit.

Pic related is my gear for this weekend, minus consumables and what I'll be wearing.

pic related left to right:

>Exped Down mat lite LW
>Warbonnet Ridgerunner
> DD 3m sqr tarp
>TOAKS ti pot + Alpkit ti mug + whitebox stove +spoon + coffee/tea/sugar
>Maxpedition organiser with all my junk (pegs, cordage, torch, mt, etc)
>Boreal 21 folding saw
>poles for the hammock
>my khuk
>90 pattern arctic bag + down jacket + merino longjohns + spare socks

Temp this weekend is -3C to +6C, rain and snow forecast.
>>
File: upload_2017-2-10_11-36-57.png (768KB, 800x479px) Image search: [Google]
upload_2017-2-10_11-36-57.png
768KB, 800x479px
Here is the content of organiser, a few things are missing but,

>spare lighter
>rescued tent pegs
>middle section for hammock bar
>paracord
>amsteel soft shackles
>shank of 1.8mm dyneema
>toothbrush+paste+bandana
>chopsticks
>compass (really its in my pocket)
>firesteel
>another lighter
>9hr candle
>rite in rain pad and pencil
>mylar blanket
>mini FAK
>Zebralight h602w

Also takes a Leatherman mt, spare AA torch, and my wallet/keys

The Bob marley thing you can see if the first pic is what I use as a tinder pouch (catch yo fire, gonna get burned)

Anyone suggest any improvements?

I have a water filter integrated into one of my water bottles.

Can only think maybe Al pegs, maybe a better FAK,?
>>
File: t3_5fdi09.jpg (48KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5fdi09.jpg
48KB, 540x532px
>>957031
What's the sleeping bag? I have a nice 2 season bag but am looking about for something that will allow me to camp out when it's colder.
>>
>>957031
>>957035
Nice and simplistic OP! I would like to see what bag you are using and what clothes you are wearing (no homo). And does your stove hold enough fuel to get you through the weekend?
>>
>>958186
*meant to write pack, not bag. As in backpack...
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>957673
That's almost better than the bright fucking yellow and orange if you ask me.
>>
>>958195
Woah there! What do you feed your mule when lugging all that gear about? I'm on your side with the PPE I hate wearing fucking bright orange! Luckily only the strictest build sites require us to wear high vis when climbing trees...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>958203
Nigga aint need no mule. Sometimes I do bring the knoife doge to pack my knives.

But seriously, fuck PPE. I have to walk through the warehouse a total of 50' to get to my truck and they gave us safety glasses to wear while walking thru the warehouse. I threw them out. Then a few years back I got hit by a car so they gave us the bright yellow vests after that and I never wear those because you don't want any more layers than needed in the South Florida summer. So they got us these bright orange polos. They don't breathe at all and are hot as fuck so I try not to wear them. And they have one tiny Pepsi logo on the sleeve so if I'm going to stops that aren't normally on my route, the people working there have no clue who I am. I walked into the back door of a Pizza Hut one day and the manager almost called the cops on me because she thought I was some random traffic cone.
>>
File: IMG_0825.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0825.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>958203
Knoife Doge > Pack Mule
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.