[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (206KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 540x720px
Any unconventional tips?
>>
>>955279
Leave the girls behind.
>>
stay hydrated
>>
>>955279
its a skill. you get better over time.

if you are going with people and you are in the front once everyone catches up to you thats when you should start "timing" your break. if you wat for someone to catch up and just start walking again as soon as they get to you all you are going to do is further the gap. you may feel like you are losing time but it will add up as gains on the back end. let the straggler take as much time as they need (not want). maybe after they are done let them set pace for a little bit.
>>
Put a potato inside your sock for better ergo
>>
>>955283
i tried the potato trick and honestly it does not work nearly as well as using something a little more oblong like a medium size cucumber
>>
>>955287
>doesn't know the difference between a cucumber and a zucchini.
Cucumbers don't hold up, anon.
>>
>>955370
I personally like to use bananas. they're softer and the peel keeps all the mush inside once it wears out.
>>
>Same op
>Same pic
Is this the third or 4th time we have had this thread?
>>
>>955528
>softer
Yeah, which totally defeats the purpose of adding supports to your shoes. Potatoes are good, but zucchinis are more ergonomic.
>>
Think I need sauce.
>>
>>955370
>>955528
>>955587

>dumbasses never heard of the apple core support system
>>
>>955528
>bananas

GUY ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??! outside of the cost you basically need to replace it every 2 hikes.

>>955658
this meme again. when are you applefags going to give up. the core system is too seedy.
>>
>>955279
most serial killers start their killing spree after they hit 30. It's not too late, keep up the good work.
>>
>>955674
>>955658
>>955587
>>955528
>>955370
>>955287
>>955283

>vegetable matter

Fucking plebs. Summer sausage or die!

Makes your poop sink to the bottom of the river, too. Like a nice choco-suprise from Davie Jones Locker!
>>
>>955282
This. Though I'm usually among the fastest when I hike in groups it really helps letting the slower ones stay positive and on-top. IMO the best thing is to let them take the lead and set the phase, they'll walk faster that way.
>>
In the summer i often get a sweaty ass crack. I've come up with solution i call the wicking rope. You buy a g string and remove the material from the front so its all string and your meat and veg can fit through. Then line the rear string with an absorbent material, such as cotton wool. (i've also had luck using tampons, but its harder to make). This rope continues up past your ass and exits out of your pants like a small tail. Moisture from your ass crack wicks up the string and evaporates solving problems with ass moisture.

I only really use it in solo hikes though as it can be embarrassing explaining it to others. If i come across others and they comment i just say im a furry, easier that way.
>>
File: 1487225433784.jpg (86KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
1487225433784.jpg
86KB, 640x635px
>>956332
>>
>>956332
wow
>>
>>955279
>wow, why did that ugly creep just perv at me on the trail
>whats wrong with how I dress
>>
>>956332
dude...
>>
File: 9291-1_n.jpg (43KB, 372x280px) Image search: [Google]
9291-1_n.jpg
43KB, 372x280px
>>956332
fukken noice
>>
>>956396
I would rape her. She's asking for it.
>>
>>956405
Leftie strawman posting can stay on /pol/ mate
>>
>>956405
>I would rape her. She's asking for it.

To a Muslim, that woman is absolutely asking to be raped...

they'd probably say she "deserves it"
>>
>>955279
Go with people who match your physical fitness level. Like another anon said probably gonna wanna ditch the girls. Also go light. Don't bring a ton of shit.
>>
Want to take girlfriend on long day hikes, won't pee in the woods

Want to go camping, won't pee in the woods and is afraid but won't admit it

Maybe I need new girlfriend?
>>
File: P1080681.jpg (5MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1080681.jpg
5MB, 3264x2448px
>>955279
take your time and have fun
>>
If you're tired dont stop to take a rest. Walk at a slower pace instead.

Dont try to minimize weight on your pack. Instead set up a maximum limit that's comfortable, pack way under that weight, and fill the rest with water and food.

Good gear is not a meme. It is very noticeable on the long run.

Use gaiters if the terrain is wet or snow.

Multitools are underrated and knives overrated.

Sporks are shit to clean. Better make chopsticks if you have wood available.

Dont alcohol ever. If in a long adventure, you can carry some energetic powder or some powerade or similar energy drink just in case.

Dont drink cold water if you're cold.

Always try to eat a bit before you sleep for warmth.
>>
>>956338
>>956393
>>956397
>>956400
You may laugh but it really works. When it gets a bit warmer and make my next one i'll post it here. Honestly i think it will help anyone here who experiences this problem. Talcum powder is pain to apply when your hiking in the summer. Screencap this for proof.
>>
>>956871
Where's that? Also, what're you trying to spot exactly?
>>
>>956332
A reverse Hydranus? I'd buy a commercially produced version.
>>
>>955280
I'll second this. I've hiked and camped with some female friends and they almost always came along just to be part of the group. They bitched and moaned and wanted to stop ever five feet to take a picture of something. Like, ooh look at that leaf OMG how pretty, and out comes the Nikon
>>
>>956589
Nah, just quit making her go along. Get a dog and take him with you. Guarantee you won't lack for companionship and will have a much better time
>>
>>955280
>>957316
Ive had more men who do this. Honestly, dont ask /out/ for tips because youll get tips that are downright retarded. Bring what you can cary and only go with those who know what theyre doing too
>>
>>957455
It seems to be common among people who have never been camping or hiking and don't realize that there's a bit of work involved. I'm from the South so most the guys I meet have been involved in some sort of outdoor activity (including sports), whereas most of the girls will only hang outdoors if it's at the beach.
>>
>>956471
To any reasonable person, she's asking for it.
>>
>>956977
Scone Basin, looking for Tahr
>>
>>955281
Well that's unconventional. How do you come up with these crazy ideas, anon?
>>
Olive oil contains 250 calories per ounce, about the same as pure lard.

If you're trying to cut ounces on packweight without cutting calories available to you, and want a fat/oil that won't turn rancid the way lard will, consider trading your fats and oils for olive oil.

Heck, on some trips I've even removed all the granola bars and shit like that, and just swigged some olive oil on occasion throughout the day.
>>
>>958060
Wouldn't that suck dick on a trip, though? I've done keto before and it was about a week before I felt good.
>>
>>958060

It's quite healthy too, some Mediterranean cultures drink a glass every morning

https://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-basics/amash-clement-olive-oil-longevity/25126
>>
>>958123
>Take Oil
>Take Quinoa or Oatmeal
>Take a protein like beans or nuts
>>
>>958060
THIS
Damn I almost forgot about this trick! Not losing weight is always a "struggle" for me when on extended trips. Then I was on a winter-course for about a week when I was told about this. Want more calories in your breakfast/dinner? No fucking problem, just add oil
>>
>>955279
Bring a fat bellied woman with you. Gut her, then sleep inside her when it gets too cold.
>>
>>958177
I figured what might be good to do is mix quinoa, buckwheat. Boil that up, add salt, olive oil and hot sauce.
>>
>>955528
youll slip on the peel you retard
>>
>>955280
This they may look the same as you but they never hold up as well and moan 10x more than guys.
>>
If there is vegetation where you are going ALWAYS wear trousers.
>stops nettles
>stops brambles and briar plants
>stops bugs getting your legs
>stops rocks and shit scraping you to a degree
>keeps you cleaner
>>
File: and i.jpg (61KB, 625x412px) Image search: [Google]
and i.jpg
61KB, 625x412px
>>958192
>>
>>958060
>>958177

>>958183

taking big jars of peanut butter is good too. a full grown man can live off a 1lb jar of peanut butter for like a week while hiking
>>
>>955279
Never hike alone, bring a gps tracking device so that people know where you are, bring a gun.
>>
File: 1480723837136.jpg (64KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
1480723837136.jpg
64KB, 600x350px
>>959958

>can't tell if bait.
>>
>>955279
I'd give her my unconventional tip, if you know what I mean. :^)
>>
>>958060
t. Greek lamb chop man
>>
>>957316
>>957455

i had a guy skip the second day of hiking because he was "inspired" by a piece of rust he saw and wanted to "journal" about it.

last fucking time i hike with a new yorker.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.