[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this is on the wrong board but ive been toying with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4689.jpg (642KB, 850x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4689.jpg
642KB, 850x569px
Sorry if this is on the wrong board but ive been toying with the idea of buying a cab over camper for my truck.
Id be living in it for 1-2 years or until i have enough money saved for a down payment on a house.

The truck in question is a Tacoma v6 with a 6ft bed.

If i did that i could easily save 800-1000 dollars a month from not paying rent or having to commute over 100 miles a day,

Anyone have any advice or info regarding Used cab overs i can buy?

Btw my truck has all new suspension (ToyTec lift) and i would like to explore the state i live in more (Ca).
>>
Sell your truck and get a box van and convert it campers are not designed to be lived in they are a holiday thing they are too smalll and everything breaks far to easily also if you are planning to be parked on the street you want to be as stealthy as you can a gas heater and a 2 panel solar rig make things much nicer also
>>
>>952719
Kinda this. A 6', V6 Taco bed does not leave for much camper, shell yes. But that's more for dry gear storage amd a V6 isn't going to pull much in the way of a travel trailer, at least up hills.

A used 10 footer from Uhaul could be under $3k easy, my ex neighbor bought one for his business and flipped it when he got tired of restocking chips.

Worth looking into, plus can still pull.
>>
A Tacoma has a very low payload, so any camper you can buy will have to be extremely light. Even the absolute smallest campers will put your Tacoma over payload.

They do make campers that will work with a Tacoma, but the new ones are very expensive.

These small light campers will just be a bed, and maybe a stove with a bench seat. They generally will not have any water, or a bathroom.

Even if they did have a bathroom, you'd need a place to empty your black and grey tanks. They also are not insulated for winter so you'd need to spend quite a bit on propane to keep it warm.

You also need somewhere to park it. You'll need electric hook ups, solar won't provide all you need, especially if there is electric heat or an electric water heater.

Honestly it's a terrible idea, and I can't stress this enough that you should not do it.

Just find the cheapest apartment you can find, even if it's an awful tiny dirty place, and get a roomate. You'll save just as much.

And here's a thought, you want to save for 1-2 years for a down payment, saving $1000-800 a month? So after 2 years you'll have maybe $20k? Here's a thought.... sell your Tacoma and use that as a down payment, they hold their value so you'd have some decent money. Get a beater car, something cheap, and use an FHA loan (no down payment required) for your mortgage. Simple.
>>
>>952801
This is accurate.
http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/newbie-articles/matching-a-truck-and-camper/
>>
>>953824
OP has clearly abandoned thread after realizing his Taco isn't as supreme as he thought.
>>
File: DSC00123_-L.jpg (160KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00123_-L.jpg
160KB, 800x600px
>>952717
>Tacoma v6 with a 6ft bed
>>952726
>A 6', V6 Taco bed does not leave for much camper
>V6 isn't going to pull much in the way of a travel trailer, at least up hills
>>952801
>Tacoma has a very low payload
This, GVWR/GAWR is what you need to consider - and I don't think you'll have much to work with in terms of a camper.
A V6 is going to struggle hauling that kind of weight up hills (probably don't have very low gearing either), and doesn't have sufficient braking capacity to stop it going down hills.
Ride's going to feel like shit, since the suspension's not set up for that kind of hauling.

Trade up to at least a half-ton if you're planning on camperizing it. I'd recommend a 3/4-ton since you'll get better suspension and braking capacity for hauling a decent load like that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.