[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Winter Camping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Gray1100.png (59KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
Gray1100.png
59KB, 600x427px
I live in new england and I am planning to go camping soon with some friends in the woods. There is already a fair amount of snow on the ground and I don't really know whether or not we are going to get more, but I have never really done this in the winter so what kind of shit should I bring? What should I wear, sleeping bag, etc. Stuff that you would need to know for camping in the winter with snow on the ground. It isn't supposed to be super cold, only like 20-30 degrees btw. Thanks in advance, pic unrelated
>>
>>952556
Sleeping on snow? Take two camping mats of your choice. With a sleeping bag rated to ten degrees lower than the lowest temperature you expect.
>>
>>952580
How about clothes? Should I worry too much about what to wear? I've only heard to stay away from cotton
>>
>>952556
If you use a tarp, be sure to also have a ground tarp. As the other anon said take two sleeping mats. Don't ever look to the "extreme" rating of your sleeping bag. Instead be sure that you are weel within the comfort zone. Use two sleeping bags if you don't have a big one.
You're right about staying away from cotton. This is because it dries very slowly and sucks ass when wet. However if you're just going to camp for a day or two there's no reason to spend a fortune on gear and clothing, just don't get soaked. Wear longjohns in either wool or synthetic (synthetic will begin to smell after some use), Then wear wool or fleece clothin next and finally something to block the wind. If temperatures stay below freezing then rain is not a concern so you could basically be wearing any kind of jacket. For pants I'd recomend something like polycotton (a lot of surplus and ski-clothing) or synhtetic - maybe waterproof - but be carefull if you're going to sit besides a fire with synthetic clothing.
Have fun OP.
>>
>>952897
>>952580
Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to it and just went out to pick up a few last minute supplies, should be fun
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.