[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you bring along to eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1453783655862.jpg (2MB, 1000x1879px) Image search: [Google]
1453783655862.jpg
2MB, 1000x1879px
What do you bring along to eat?
>>
>>952452
this pic looks more like the kind of shit you'd keep at home on a shelf incase you're out of shit to cook or just too lazy to do anything than something you'd bring outside
>>
>>952461
It's just an infographic I picked up either here or at /k/. I never claimed it was a good one.
>>
>how long am i going to be out
>how far am i hiking
>what else am i doing while out
>how many people are coming
>who is coming
>>
>>952452
Insulin, heart medication, asprin, and Adderall. If I were stupid enough to follow that infographic.

I eat the same things I eat at home. No need to eat something I'm not used to eating. I'd rather not end up with the shits or constipated.

>>952509
Don't disseminate bad info, please.
>>
>>952452
It's not a terrible infograph, the only real 'wrong' thing with what theyre trying to sell you on is the items suggested are salty.

Which may or may not be a problem depending on where and how long you intend to /out/

I like to stick to things that either can be eaten without prep or cooking; energy bars and fruits.

Or things that are simple, like boiling water, or being heated up; packs of 'instant meals' or maybe I brought a pack of sausages with me.
>>
>>952452
I see these things and I cringe. You're willingly going out into the woods. You're not a commando and nobody thinks you're tough because you think you have to eat like someone who also has to carry 100+ pounds of combat gear. I bring food that I want to eat because I want to enjoy my time /out/ and also because I know I'm still a civilized human when I step into the woods. So, I'll give you a real answer.

The last time I went backpacking it was an over night stay.

I brought with
>a gallon of water + whatever fit into my bottles
>steak that I had pre-cut and marinated for kebobs
>onions and peppers pre-cut (also for kebobs)
>a potato (super easy to cook)
>a package of hotdogs (more or less backup incase kebobs failed even though I did have a couple)
>marshmallows because why not
>a nalgene bottle filled with eggs
>can of spam

I cooked the kebobs over a low fire/coals with metal skewers and a small collapsible metal rack while my potato cooked in coals. Breakfast of spam and eggs was cooked on a frying pan on my single burner camp stove.

Most of my food fit into a mid sized bag cooler that i filled with ice that way I could carry it in, dump the ice, and pack it out. Honestly don't fuck around when it comes to food. Hiking, setting up, gathering/chopping wood burns more calories than you might assume. You're most likely /out/ there to enjoy your time, so treat yourself.
>>
>>952579
Sounds like 100+ pounds just to eat what you brought.
>>
>>952579
ma nigga. last time we brought frozen chicken breasts, peppers and onions, rice, and seasonings, and we made some kickass chicken tikka masala. nothing like a hot nutritious meal to relax and recharge after a long day.
>>
>>952452
For a long hike or just not wanting to cook, I'll pack cheese sticks, summer sausage and small flour tortillas to wrap 'em in.

If I'm just going camping with friends, I'll pack whatever will hold up for a couple days that I actually want to eat and some beer.
>>
>>952452
That infographic is terrible. There's more packaging than food.
>>
>>952628
Which is why I'm asking for actually good ideas of innawoods foods that aren't those crazy-expensive mountainhouse things and will actually last a few days.
>>
>>952452
I don't get this infographic
I thought MRE stood for Meal Ready to Eat
Things like ramen and oatmeal are usually cooked, and thus not ready to eat

Or am I just retarded?
>>
File: 1455582097273.jpg (569KB, 500x3205px) Image search: [Google]
1455582097273.jpg
569KB, 500x3205px
>>952644
The guys who make these probably don't know what it means.
>>
File: CAM03039.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
CAM03039.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>952642
You could try making your meals ahead of time, dehydrating them (dehydrator or oven), and then rehydrating them again when you're in camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMerKNg88ws
>>
>>952452

I just buy a bucket of meals from Walmart. They last me and another person a full weekend. Or I'll pack some red meat or chicken, rice/taters, oats and eggs, and some dried fruit.

None of this summer day camp lunch bullshit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.