[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/brit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1624.jpg (205KB, 1016x572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1624.jpg
205KB, 1016x572px
Brit General

God Save The Queen Edition

UKfags get in here, let's talk about what kind of Twinings you like while exploring Her Majesty's mountains.
>>
Actually Earl Grey rooibos is my new favorite tea.

Also, how is Dartmoor? Never been /out/ in the South before. I'll be starting from Belstone in the North and walking around at whatever pace I like all day just looking at neat stuff before finding an nice place to put my tarp up for the night.
>>
Why is oxfordshire so shit for being /out/. Wish I lived somewhere more interesting.
>>
Earl grey! About to walk the Pennine way, just waiting for my oooknest to arrive. Then going to hop over to sweden to walk the kungsleden before attempting the cape wrath route up in scotland! Might walk the west highland way before it though as I've never been /out/ in Scotland.
>>
>>952099
Try living in the West Mids....out is farmland or tiny managed forest.
>>
>>952099
Lets be honest, there are only a few places in England that aren't shit for being out. And even then compared with places in other parts of the world they're shit for being /out/. The UK, even Scotland, is shit for being out compared to anywhere good.

In fact it would be fair to say that the UK is simply shit all around.
>>
>>952102
>>952102
>Shit
That's a bit harsh. Wales, Scotland, the lakes/peaks, the Yorkshire dales are all great places to walk. Sure it's not the AT and you're never going to get pure, wild solitude but there are still many challenges to overcome.
>>
>>952102
Apart from Scotland ....

I'm an hour to Loch Lomond and Trossachs, two and a bit to Cairngorms.

Started hillwalking last year, this year intend to hit the Arrochar alps and do some alpine camping

Going out this weekend for an overnighter, low land forest, hammock and big fire, take it easy and grab a smoke
>>
>>952103
I guess this you will not be able to become a hermet who lives in a forest but there are still plenty of challenging hiking routes around.
>>
>>952024
Is that a winter pic?
>>
>>952024

Is there not a forum on this entire site that doesn't have a /brit/ general?

god save my sanity
>>
>>952165
We're a cancerous bunch, look at the state of our own country.
>>
File: IMG_1641.jpg (575KB, 1934x941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1641.jpg
575KB, 1934x941px
>>952102
The Lakes are some beautiful concentrated /out/ and the Highlands are God-tier apart from the weather.

>>952155
Took it 2 days ago up Helvellyn.
>>
>>952183
I love Helvellyn, will never get bored of climbing it.
>>
>>952183
Big fish, small pond. Sure they're nice, but once you go somewhere like AUS, NZ, the US, Canada or even other parts of Europe (Northern and Eastern in particular) you realise how much better there is.
>>
>>952241
I'm not saying there isn't much better out there, I just think that much of the British landscape is beautiful in its own way. Especially the coastal scenes and paths which are quite unique.
>>
Chaps, stop pining for a carbon copy of something posted some gangly jf and appreciate what you'very got. A well managed wood or a nicely worked area of farm land are perfectly pleasant if you ask me.

Northumberland here, near Wooler.

I mostly drink Ringtons as it's what her indoors buys.
>>
Do we still have Dræfend and Necromancer here by the way?
>>
>>952250
I'm a Montanafag and I agree. Much nicer than many parts of this country.
>>
Wiltshire lad here. I think I'm the only person in this damn county who actually has Internet.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend chaps? Weather looks good over most of the country and it's definitely getting warmer!

I'm spending Saturday night in some woods down in Dartmoor to test out some gear, will post any pictures if I snap anything good. (I know none of you lot care, but oh well)
>>
>>952102
Confirmed for never having visited Scotland.
>>
>>952395
>I'm spending Saturday night in some woods down in Dartmoor
Same here, haven't decided exactly where yet. I've never been there before really so I'm going to walk around all day and look for a decent place.
>>
>>952691
As long as you're not camping in a bog or swamp (and there are plenty of those down there) you can set up basically anywhere. Lots of beautiful spots to choose from!
>>
File: 1273138467599.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1273138467599.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
>>952730
Some place secluded I think. I dunno how busy Dartmoor gets on a weekend, but I'm sure there will be the usual people about. I had originally planned to do this in the week but it didn't pan out.
>>
>>952165
>/cgl/?
>>
>>952343
>settling
>justifying
>>
There's nothing in the UK
It's practically an alternate reality that doesn't fit in with the real world
>>
>>952740
I google earthed it in sat view, all "green squares" and metro, not very /out/.

But that is relative, right? When you go from the mill to the pub 6 days a week "camping" in a farmers pasture next to a cow pie is /out/!
>>
>>952732
I imagine the south will be relatively busy for day walkers. But the north should be pretty quiet. I haven't read up if the military is operating in the north but I kind of doubt it. I think Ten Tors training is starting soon so I wouldn't think so.

I'd probably stick south if I were you. My see a few people through the day but there are a lot more suitable and quieter spots down there to spend the night.
>>
>>952734

Child.
>>
>>952750
>but there are a lot more suitable and quieter spots down there to spend the night.
Yeah looking at my map there's a dearth of decent woodland to spend the night in the North. But I've planned to start around Cosdon Hill, it may be that I spend the day walking South and find somewhere to stay in Fernworthy Forest (which I've never been to), but I like to take my time and stop to look at things so I tend to deviate from my route quite a bit so I might not like the idea of actually having to get somewhere. Also it seems to be a coniferous plantation, which I'm not really fond of.

I may well just put up somewhere by a big stone or something in the open, I've got a tarp and pole and I don't think it's going to be particularly windy.
>>
>>952788
Well damn, if you're in Farnworthy stop and say hello, that's where I'm staying.

If you'd rather stay on the Moor and you're in that area then I'd suggest staying at Manga Hill or Watern Tor.
They're just outside of the forest but the rock formations on the top are quite large so would provide excellent shelter.
>>
>>952814
Ha, small world. I'll see how I get on but thanks for the advice.
>>
Anywhere good in west sussex to go?
>>
>>953197
I hear there's a great McDonald's in Horsham.
>>
>>953290
I live there, that McDonalds got removed a year or two ago.
>>
>>952819
Look out and listen out for a small explosion at around midnight. That'll be me.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.