[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who makes the best value for money wool clothing? I'm defining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: filson_fw09_mac_jacket.jpg (93KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
filson_fw09_mac_jacket.jpg
93KB, 560x420px
Who makes the best value for money wool clothing?
I'm defining value for money as the cheapest stuff that is still good.

>thrift
I'm not American :(
>>
The Korean era US wool shirts are supposed to be good, but they're tricky to get over here for a good price.

You can sometimes get a swanndri for about 50£ on fleabay
>>
>no thrift

Ya'll dont have 2nd hand stores or garage sales there?
>>
woolrich
pendelton
>>
There is a Canadian company called Triol that makes superior wool clothing, they also have a custom tailoring service.
>>
>>951502
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/us-m-1951-wool-shirt-surplus/2083

Yeah, I've scouted out a couple of good Swanndri sources. No one on Trademe seems to use Paypal, which is annoying. The banks want to fuck you for a little international transfer.

>>951581
We have nothing like you yanks do. I'd probably never buy first-hand clothing again if I had the opportunities you guys appear to have.
Wool clothing for /out/ in particular would be tricky to get because it's not really that cold here. Most people dress for what it's like in their house, car and workplace. Shopping centres crank up the heat to where you'll sweat wearing more than a t-shirt.

>>951625
Amazon will ship just about every wool shirt they make except that Beach Boys one. Thanks a lot, guise.

>>951716
Never heard of them. Will have a look.
>>
>>951716
They misspelled Tirol
>>
>>951970
Well where is "here" exactly?

You mention no one wears warm clothes, you sure you need all this wool? You gotta remember good portion of /out/ is Pacific NW and the reccomend gear kinda slants to that environment.
>>
>>951975
Australia. I intend to do a good bit of camping this winter and I don't really like shells and the like.
>>
Don't know where you are but I found a like new Filson mack for £60 at an outdoor antiques fair last Spring. And it was one of the old style too, before they switched to the lighter wool.

It's like wearing a breast plate, it's armour.

Deals are out there, just look anywhere that might have outdoors or old fashioned stuff. Usually you can find wool clothing and stuff like that there.
>>
>>952041
>pounds
Of course you can get good stuff like this, you live in bongland.

>Deals are out there, just look
The best thing you can expect to find here is an old Levi's trucker jacket. I have looked.
>>
File: IMG_1409.jpg (594KB, 1620x1581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1409.jpg
594KB, 1620x1581px
>>951491
Go on eBay and look for used wool sweaters
I bought a Cabela's shooter sweater for 25usd
>>
>>952113
A standard postage, on eBay, from the USA to me is about $55 USD. So if you get a couple of things you might as well have bought new.
>>
>>952375
$42 USD*
>>
>>951974
No it's Triol bud, two different companies. Triol was established in 1931.
>>
Where do you live, OP?
>>
>>952421
Either way I don't know what you guys are talking about. A brief googling didn't find it.

>>952429
Australia.
>>
>>952375
Ebay isn't just for burgers.
ebay.pl
ebay.co.uk
ebay.eu
>>
>>951981
I thought you fuckers had shit loads of sheep there. I'm in the Southern U.S. and all the lamb/mutton I see here is shipped from there. Surely wool is cheaper there since it doesn't have to be shipped thousands of miles.

If you know someone who can sew, or want to try your hand at it, surplus U.S. Army and other militaries' wool blankets can be made into whatever you want.
>>
http://www.bemidjiwoolenmills.com/
>>
>>952439
EU postage is generally more than US postage. We're on the other side, m8. I do check UK, though.

>>952455
I'd like to give that a go with the blankets but I not yet imported any.

We and NZ have lots of sheep but even NZ's Swanndri is made in China now.
>>
>>952041
Filson uses several different wool weights.
>>
>>952431
Hurt durr American even into Internet
>not going to help you either
>>
>>953010
>merifat masquerading as aussie
>>
Sydney cunt here

I got a pendleton wool shirt for like $50 aud including shipping off ebay. There's literally thousands of used ones

That fucker was itchy though and too short for my long arms
>>
>>951491
i LOVE Pendleton. they make awesome wool products that i find not itchy at all. they are warm as hell and seriously warm. if you can find a outlet near you go check it out because you'll get everything 1/2 off or more
>>
>>953014
I've been scouting eBay and have seen a couple of deals, I'm wondering if Aus' Post Shopmate does combined postage or makes you pay for individual parcels as individual shipped items. Could probably work out a good deal on a few that way.

Their sizing is a concern, though, as you say. A lot of this stuff looks like it might be sized like Drizabone. ie. For fat fucks.
>>
If you aren't American, shouldn't army surplus stores be the very best?
Finding one can be hard, but they should exist near population centers.

>>951981
Okay OP, army stores. Then check our New Zealands exports.
>>
I've bought about five of the Pendleton Board shirts online. I also bought one when I was in Lincoln Oregon and saw one of their outlets.

Decent quality stuff. Not cheap- I paid about $69.00 on closeout each though they can go up to $130.00.

I have an old Pendleton shirt from the 1960's that's shrunk considerably, but still serviceable.
>>
Something like Woolrich or Pendleton.

If you can find it in thrift stores look for Filson.
>>
>>953273
Just make sure you have the worldwide box ticked. There's literally hundreds and the shipping isn't that bad.

Sizing was fine. Not made for fat fucks, I'm just 6'3" master race.
>>
>>955084
When you're around 6'0 things can get tricky because a lot of the time the choice is untermensch gear that is too small and ubermensch gear that is too big.
>>
>>951491
Look up Pendleton on eBay. You'll find the majority of items are vintage n are priced decently. If cares for wool will last for hundreds of years
>>
>>951981
Mate go to Vinnies or Savers
>>
>>951491
Bemidji Woolen Mills.
>>
File: art-353-Wolf-Creek-2-b-300x0.jpg (65KB, 300x592px) Image search: [Google]
art-353-Wolf-Creek-2-b-300x0.jpg
65KB, 300x592px
>>951981

Mate. Hit Lowes or K-mart and stock up on flanno's and tracky dacks.

Look about for army surplus places. You can get cheap shit euro imports or old ADF milsurp.

Check out stuff on Gumtree.
>>
>>957563
Another Ausf∂g here

>K-mart
fucking this +10

>tracky dacks
no, not this -10

>army surplus places
I live in Syds and I never seen one around
>>
>wool clothing
>k-mart

wut.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>957574
rat is a kind of wool anon
>>
Are mackinaw cruisers meant to have short sleeves? Looking at Filson's size chat their sizing is weird.
>>
>>951581
USA is a bit of a special snowflake in that there are lots of wealthy people who feel better about themselves by giving to the poor via Salvation Army or various thrift stores. Thus, you end up with some pretty good stuff in those places.

I peruse several stores in the area and snatch up every bit of wool clothing and wool blankets I can find that don't smell of tobacco smoke and perfume/cologne. Getting a 100% wool blanket for $10 is fucking great, though it might be an ugly 1970s color.
>>
File: Moth.jpg (229KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Moth.jpg
229KB, 1500x1000px
2017 falling for the wool meme
>>
File: cozy as fuck.jpg (62KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
cozy as fuck.jpg
62KB, 320x320px
>>958972
>replace 6 blankets with 1 wool blanket
>cozy as fuck now

>replace regular socks with wool socks
>feet cozy as fuck now

>start wearing wool baselayers
>cozy as fuck now

I actually enjoy winter because of wool.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8SXmdU6vM4

http://www.sukonka.com/

Handmade, the most expensive (and warmest) one converts over to something like less than $100 for a whole suit. Worst part is probably the shipping, but the owner speaks english apparently so feel free to send him an email.
>>
>>959224
Even if shipping was another $100 it'd be worth it.
>>
File: DSC_0192_1[1].jpg (52KB, 443x800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0192_1[1].jpg
52KB, 443x800px
>>959224
Pic related, not the warmest one, but probably the one I'd get if I was going to buy one because I don't live that far north.
>>
>>959251
>>959228
>>959224
I'd certainly want a good garment bag to store it in or the insects will eat the hell out of it.
>>
How do I make my wool blanket not smell bad?

I can't describe the smell, its just kind of really strong stale

Also if OP is still here and wants a wool blanket, I know The Outpost in Fortitude Valley sells wool blankets and they had those Korean shirts last year
>>
>>959290
Site isn't much of anything at the moment but I have bookmarked it, cheers. What are Korean shirts?

I'm no expert but I got a wool blanket from Aussie Disposals that was a bit musty. We just ran it through a wash with some wool wash and put it out to dry and it was pretty fine.

>>959224
These look pretty cool. Thanks for the link.
>>
>>959310
Sorry, Someone mentioned the Korean war era woollen shirts earlier in the thread. Forgot how slow /out/ is, that was over two weeks ago

From memory they were selling for ~AU$60
>>
Cottonfag here, Is there such thing as wool that isn't unbearably itchy?
>>
>>959360
10 seconds of google would have told you that merino is totally non-itchy and basically the best thing since the invention of clothes, totally worth the price you good goy.

Or you could just not be a little bitch. If your baby skin can't deal with a little rough texture, you need to either stop posting and grow up or just wear wool and get used to it. (Exceptions acceptable for being allergic. Not your fault your parents had germophobia. Only wear washable wool in that case.)
>>
>>959290
Wash it in cold water.
Spin it out in the washer.
Use a cold cycle on your dryer to tumble it.
Hang it up for a couple days until bone dry.

After that, make sure you use a sheet between you and the blanket. Or a regular blanket between you and the wool blanket. You won't need to wash the wool blanket nearly as much.

>>959360
>>959478
Merino feels like a synthetic. I was really amazed when I got some REI merino wool baselayer stuff. Though, they are a bit thin and flimsy feeling, they really help keep me warm.
>>
>>951491
try military surplus stuff, https://www.varusteleka.com/ has some good cheap clothes
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.