[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing fever..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: VA-Crappie.jpg (117KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
VA-Crappie.jpg
117KB, 600x400px
...always happens to me about this time of year anyone else gets this? Also what are you guys doing this year to prepare for the pre-spawn that is coming!
>>
I haven't gone (serious) fishing in over a year. Took my gf once, but just sat there and fixed bird nests every 10 minutes and then another 5 minutes telling her she doesn't need to cast so damn hard. It wasn't fun.
>>
>>952186
When teaching someone to avoid birds nest it's pretty much as simple as telling them not to reel in without making sure the line is tight. Typically it just happens right after casting since that's when the line is loose.

Taught my friend this in just a few fishing trips. Only problem is that his reel+rod combo was store-bought with the line already on it, and Im thinking about re-spooling it now since the line is all twisted up. Fresh line wont do that. Probably been on the spool for years and the line just automatically twist.
>>
>>951396
I just bought a surf fishing rod last weekend. I live right by Dockweiler State Beach in Playa Del Rey CA.

It seems fun and challenging... Anybody surf fish and have any tips? I know fuck all about reading a beach.
>>
>>951396
That's a VERY misleading thumbnail. I'd have to be very drunk.
>>
>>952199
Same here.
I am down in mexico and could use some tips.
I found a good link a while back, if i find it again i will post it. Just basic serfcasting stuff
>>
>>952200
Found it.
Can someone double check the info?

http://www.go-saltwater-fishing.com/surf-fishing-tips.html
>>
File: P1110093.jpg (556KB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
P1110093.jpg
556KB, 4000x3000px
>>952201
Thanks bro. It seems fun, just kinda posting up on a beach and not knowing wtf you'll pull out.

I wanna try and catch Bat Rays like attached... But i'd probably scream like a little girl and throw my rod in the water and run away if I caught something like that.
>>
File: loc.jpg (140KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
loc.jpg
140KB, 700x525px
fishing is fun
>>
>>951396
I make fishing lures and flies.
>>
>>952218

Thanks but that doesn't help me and Mexibro with out Surf Fishing problems.
>>952199
>>952201
>>
>>951396
I like turtles.
>>
File: ghost town crip og.jpg (101KB, 659x494px) Image search: [Google]
ghost town crip og.jpg
101KB, 659x494px
>>952199
bruh..you live in playa and dont know where to fish? you mus be trollin..you ever go up to the pier? you got a bike or a skate? theres spots all around you if youre mobile.

you only surf fishin?
>>
>>952255
Yeah. Only surf fishing, literally I've gone once (last Monday).

I'll try the pier and the rock jetty out at Balbona, but I like the idea of just sitting on a beach catching shit the most. I'm not trying to eat shit, just catch and release.

I wanna try catching rays and sharks.
>>
>>952261
I caught a stingray last week and a mexican guy had to save me from it.
I was scared like a schoolgirl.
R
>>
>>952276
What'd you catch it with? How far out on the surf were you?
>>
>>951396
I have a theory that everybody gets "fishing fever", but the people who don't /out/ only recognize it as anxiety. Humans are advanced animals, but animals all the same; we have primal instincts that relate to the changing seasons, and I believe that modern 'conveniences' stand in the way of resolving the driving forces dictated by our natural instincts.

Or maybe that's just the excuse I use to justify doing whatever I want. Who knows? Introspection is a curious thing.
>>
Fishing is pretty boring desu. Not something I'd elect to do on my own.
>>
>>952327
Lel it's just an entire winter of organizing your tackle box. That's what does it. Plus getting all that new stuff for Xmas and wasting your tax return on tackle.

Glad I don't have to deal with that winter bullshit anymore.
>>
Can't Bepis find a different board to shit up?
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (77KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
77KB, 500x575px
>>952334
/k/ is pretty fun
>>
>>952307
Bit of chocolate clam.
Not more than ten yards out
>>
File: memecaster backlash.jpg (206KB, 884x584px) Image search: [Google]
memecaster backlash.jpg
206KB, 884x584px
>>952334
There's only like 10 people making and posting in fishing threads.
>>
>>952417
That's the only reason I come here but its not very often. There's a lot more to discuss about fishing than most of whats posted on this board
>>
>>952193
She gets bird nests mid-cast. She needs to be a 'tough outdoor girl' so she just whips the rod. Conversely, the spool can't keep up with it and the line knots up pretty bad. Her dad got her a spincaster reel and her own rod so she can learn on that for awhile. When she's gentle with it and lets the weight do the work she casts great. Just gets ahead of herself a bit too often.
>>
Had a breakthrough last night using a lure for surffishing.
Right at sunset i would cast out as far as possible then retrieve as sat as possible.
Jacks went nuts for it.
>>
>>952811
What kind of lure bro?

>>952390
Thanks... How big was she? You reacted the same way I'd react desu.
>>
>>952330
I dunno, he may have a point. I'm not really a religious fisher throughout the year and at the start of winter it's not really something I ever think about, but I do get antsy about it late winter. It's especially bad this year.
>>
>>952338
Plz no
>>
>>952861
This. That board sucks a fat one as it is.
>>
>>952855
Sierra killer
>>
All right, guys. I live on the Gulf Coast and have access to salt water fishing as well as fresh water river fishing. I've fished a couple of times with friends, but have never owned a rod and reel, strung it, tied hooks and bobs, etc. I could walk two miles to a pier and start fishing right now if I had the stuff and knew how. Any guides on where to begin? Preferably for less than $75. Again, I'm not unfamiliar with fishing (I know how to cast, avoid rats nets, reel in the fish, etc), I just know fuck all about getting set up.
>>
>>953175
Go on amazon and order a beefstick rod at least 10 feet.
Decide if you just want to eat fish, if so set up for baitfishing.
You will need to practice knots with real line while watching youtube tutorials.
None of this is hard.
Lures once you get the fever.
Then flyfishing once thats boring
>>
File: 7089.jpg (91KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
7089.jpg
91KB, 640x586px
>>953175
go to a local tackle shop.
tell them the story you just shared with us.
tell them how much you want to spend.
tell them what you intend to fish.
buy your setup from them.
buying from your local brick and mortar shops keeps them alive and will get you a bounty of info pertaining to ongoing bites in your locale.
afterwards you can always stop by and ask a few questions to get yourself on the bite. lots of fishing where you are.
good luck brother.
git you some.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.