[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blunt tip dive/paddling knives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: aqualungTi.jpg (201KB, 2100x2100px) Image search: [Google]
aqualungTi.jpg
201KB, 2100x2100px
I'm in the market for a blunt tip knife for salt water use. Preferably no more than $50, needs plastic sheath with good retention as it will be mounted handle-down on my PFD. I will be driving zodiacs and paddling sea kayaks, not actually diving with it.
Considering pic related Aqualung Squeeze Ti ($48), any other recommendations?
>>
Cheap option: Schrader WR3 Water Rat
https://www.amazon.com/Schrade-WR3-Partially-Serrated-Phosphorescence/dp/B00I5T4FYA
>>
>>951007
Amazon reviews say that the sheath is garbage which is unacceptable. Have you used the WR3 with good results?

Definitely looking for hands-on reviews - I have already done my googling and seen a number of the options out there.
>>
i´d get it in blaze orange if at all possible
>>
>>951012
Yeah I don't really care what color it is because if I drop it in the ocean it is gone regardless, but fair enough; maybe I will rattle-can it....

Really? None of you /out/ people own a river knife?
>>
>>951017
dude, you´ve already wrote that youve checked out all the options, why even ask here? just to seem cool? ofcourse another knife thread and a highly specific one at that is not gonna get major trafic, just abandon this shitt thread, look up more gear-queer youtube videos and forget you ver made this thread
>>
>>951011
Nope, zero hands on experience. But I'd be a lot less sad to lose a $20 knife than a $100 knife.
Hell, get a Mora and regrind the blade to be the shape you want. Boom, an hour of your time, and $13.
>>
>>951021
Pardon me for thinking that you might have something to contribute beyond what is readily available via google.

>>951024
Yeah I do have a pointed mora that was great value for the money, I just wouldn't want to have it drop out of the sheath and poke a hole in my zodiac. Regrind isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>951001

Kayak fisher here. Can confirm that pic related is superb. Designed to be mounted hilt down, has a clever little catch on the hilt. Mine hangs under my left armpit.

http://www.aswatersports.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=796&osCsid=1f0375b755b7c6d87262944998440870
>>
SCUBA diver here, they are pretty great dives knives and perfect for what you need, the shealth and squeeze lock system works well, just mount it well. And titanium will never rust.
>>
>>951001
doesn't look very blunt tipped to me
>>
Pic related the absolute best. Above op's specified price, but its so fine I use mine to shave my junk.
>>
Just get a Spyderco H-1. $70. Choice of models. Check'em out. No good for prying though.
>>
spyderco salt rescue is literally the ONLY correct answer.
>>
>>952590
Agreed.
>>
>>952590
>spyderco salt rescue

I hate the Spyderco Saver salt, as a knife I use when I work at Sea. I lost it once SCUBA diving in the salt water, and found it a month later, not a speck of rust on it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.