[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pilgrimage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Mountain-Trail-in-the-Japan-Alps.jpg (772KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain-Trail-in-the-Japan-Alps.jpg
772KB, 1600x1200px
/x/ poster here

Any good places for spiritual pilgrimage? Any stories? I just want to disconnect from the world for a couple of weeks while also giving some spiritual purpose to my trip.
>>
Go outside. Sleep on the dirt. Be happy.
>>
>>949765

Purpose of a spiritual trip is to connect with the world - we're all one man.

The best way to do that alone... would be some9whete secluded, preferably with a lot of starlight for gazing.
>>
>>949765
Howdy /x/, there are lots of good places depending on where you are and your travel budget. But >>949774 makes a good point, you don't need to find the perfect spot. Just find a spot where you can be alone and outside and strip away the annoyances and dristractions of modern life.

A campfire helps, if you're on some sort of a vision quest (like any good /x/phile should be) you can stare into the flames and let your mind wander. Same with going somewhere dark and looking at the stars like >>949784 says (if you're really lucky you might see some northern lights).

>Any stories?
Any I have are probably pretty boring to tell whatever impact they made on me, since those sorts of experiences are internal. It's too late tonight but i might greentext them tomorrow.
>>
>>949765
Are you going to hike?

If you're european there's a lot of "pilgrimage-routes" around the EU, the Camino being the most famous (and crowded). A friend and I walked for about a month in Norway on a pilgrimage route and even though none of us are christian the trip turned out to have quite a spiritual feel in the end.
At one point I got a knee injury and we ended up staying for free at a monestary for a day. We talked a lot to the priest there and he gave us a bible which we carried with us for the rest af the walk.
>>
I personally found hiking to every spring noted on the 7.5' series maps of Sedona much more enlightening than the Vortexes (vortices to be proper).

I lived ther for 17 years and only hiked a Vortex by chance, coincidence or unwittingly. Nothing to them, imo. But the springs are hiking with a purpose!
>>
File: 1483044493657.jpg (577KB, 960x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1483044493657.jpg
577KB, 960x1005px
>>949817

It goes in lines of self discovery. Crazy spiritual events have torn me inside and i just need to find out where do i truly stand in a semi religious point of view.

Figure meeting spiritual people and places on the trip should give it a charm to it. Surely trying Ayahuasca on Peru with the shamans, asking for wishes on Helgafell or simply seeing historic Christian monasteries would make things more interesting. There will be alone time in the journey regardless.

>>949826

Neat story, thanks for sharing.
>>
The Camino de Santiago would be great if it wasn't so crowded, but as a native Spaniard I'd suggest just wandering around the country roads of northern Castille (Burgos, Soria), Navarre and the Basque Country. Very rural, lots of mountains and a lot of monasteries and places of spiritual worship that even if you're not Catholic give off a very pleasant, spiritual vibe. Also very cheap areas if you decide to lodge somewhere instead of sleeping outside, but the weather is not that extreme out there anyway.
>>
>>950672

It's funny because I just got offered a trip to Spain by my brother a few minutes ago. I take this as a sign, thanks for the tips.
>>
>>949826
which route in norway? i've just begun studyin norwegian and this has made me curious
>>
File: St. Olafs Leden.jpg (41KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
St. Olafs Leden.jpg
41KB, 320x320px
>>952699
St. Olafs Leden.
We began in Oslo but unfortunately we "only" made it to Oppdal because of limited time. I believe we walked for about 23 days or so.
>>
File: 1471405604394.jpg (725KB, 1279x1535px) Image search: [Google]
1471405604394.jpg
725KB, 1279x1535px
>>949765
Depending on what you take you will get approched eventually
>>
>>949765
If you go on a sunny but cold day you should cross country ski the soumi hills in Itasca county Minnesota
>>
>>953030
Who is this Steven Seagall lookin nigga?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.