[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bug out bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

File: 20170211_142128.jpg (1003KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_142128.jpg
1003KB, 2240x1344px
Where did I fuck up /out/?
>full list of items
military poncho
paracord
socks
underwear
bandana
toilet paper
manual chainsaw
mess kit
2 lighters
coffee
matches
gas mask with filter
binoculars
knife
flash light
finger nail clippers
2 pill bottles full of .22 ammo (approx 150 rounds).
10/22 breakdown
flint fire starter
gloves
antibiotics
candles
canteen with water purification tabs
med kit
soap
tooth brush
extra roll of gauze
duct tape
3 mre's
compass
camo face cream
radio
playing cards
filtered water bottle
rag
a few paper napkins
rangers field guide
extra batteries
baklava
ALICE bag
>>
File: 20170211_142140.jpg (957KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_142140.jpg
957KB, 2240x1344px
>>948639
Second pic
>>
>>948639
>fuck up
Maybe on the radio and playing cards.
>>
>>948639
You should list things differently:
Water containment (2l per day of autonomy)
Water purification
Food ready to be eaten
Food necessitating cooking
Cook utensils
Clothes against cold
Clothes against wet
Shelter against rain/snow
Shelter against insects
Shelter against wind
All of the above don't have a condensation problem.
Orientation devices
Other information devices
A mean to protect it all

If you can check all of the above, your bag is fine.
>>
File: 20170211_141044.jpg (3MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_141044.jpg
3MB, 2576x1932px
>>948644
>no single function item
>>
>>948639
As much as I want to troll, I have an honest question. Why the coffee? Is it for energy? If so, I would gladly ditch that shit and throw in a handful of Ritalin or Vyvanse. Or at least caffeine pills.
>>
>>948722
>that homie feel for habitization

Not even him. Personal hygene goes to that, a disposable toothbrush is an awesome esteem booster.

Try.
>>
>>948724
Oh, and you are an idiot.
>>
>>948687
>not op
pretty good info.
>>
>>948724
That's what I figured, just for a hot drink. But then again coffee is annoying for energy because then you crash like crazy if you don't have more.

Get moar drugs.

>>948725
+1, anon you quoted is an idiot.
>>
>>948728
>touchet

Light rain now.
>>
>>948639
>>948644
And on the bar of soap. You gonna put that back in your pack after use when it's wet and soapy? Get liquid soap. I got for Dr bronner so I can use it for food and clothes too. No weird chemicals to worry about injesting.
>>
File: IMG_5148.png (851KB, 1000x1248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5148.png
851KB, 1000x1248px
>>948644
>why do I need playing cards

You must be new here.
>>
>>948781
>as you say

>>948710
>>
>>948639
>Where did I fuck up?
By thinking that you'll be faster carrying all of that than the people who want to take it from you. You need to realize that the most dangerous person you'll ever meet is a parent of a hungry child; there's going to be a lot of those if there's ever a situation that you need a BOB for. And who do you think they'll go after first? The people like you that look like you have everything that they'll need in one easy to carry bag. You may as well paint a target on your back.

Go get a 5Gal bucket, stick all your stuff in that and bury it someplace discreet and remote. Now you can make more distance faster because you don't have to carry anything, and you'll be less likely to get robbed.
>>
>>948639
> manual chainsaw
imo folding saw is better

also i would add:
some kind of hat / cap
something to protect my eyes
gloves
money (100$ in small bills)
power bank (for phone)
space blanket
replaces the hotel matches by waterproof ones
your mre looks small maybe an extra one ?

your first aid kit looks small, you need something in case of fever (switch every 4 hours between Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) for short duration it might be better than antibiotics (especially if you don't know what you are doing with it) and antibiotic cream in case you cut yourself.
>>
>>948639
You fell for the autistic bug out bag meme created by innaparentsbasement zombie movie watching nerds. Your faggy little bag will get you nowhere in any kind of crisis.
>>
File: For-Soap.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
For-Soap.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
>>948736
Simple solution is pic related.

>>948829
>not carrying a firearm to protect your shit
>>
>>950165
Yeah, well...that's just like...your opinion, man.
>>
Get rid of all the dead weight (gas mask, binoculars, etc) and add some shit that will keep you warm. A blanket or lightweight sleeping bag, or a big puffy jacket. Fire is not always an option, and staying up all night stoking one fucking sucks.

When building any kind of emergency kit, I suggest getting into the mindset of "if I was stuck outside overnight right now, what would I want to have?"

Where I live we recently had a huge snow storm and the highways between towns (remote area) got shut down with many people stranded overnight in their cars until the plows arrived.. My sister was stuck in this storm with her infant child. Could have been very dangerous. Fortunately, she had put together a car kit in her trunk earlier this year. She had everything she needed to stay warm, hydrated, and fed. The single most important thing she was carrying was a big warm sleeping bag. The negative overnight temperatures weren't too bad.
>>
>>950165
I wonder what the peoples evacuating their homes in California has to say about that...
>>
>>950229
Not him but if you have a gun to defend your shit chances are they'll have one to take yours.
>>950234
I agree that your "if I have to survive the worst night outdoors what would I need" thought line is best but I think some binocs would be super handy in a BoB depending on the scenario. Also good idea I might buy another cheap as fuck pack for my car in case of emergencies.
>>
>>950259
>if you have a gun to defend your shit chances are they'll have one to take yours

So what? Would you rather have a fighting chance or just give your shit away and likely get killed anyway?
>>
>>950308
No I bring your attention back to other anons point of not lugging around bulk shit and potentially marking yourself as a target, that's all anon. We care about you and your future post-apoc adventures.
>>
>>948639
Please fucking tell that is not a garrotte wire in the upper left quadrant of the table.
>>
>>950163
Mylar blankets should NEVER be your first line for shelter, they're a 'better than nothing' emergency item.

>>950229
I never said 'don't carry a firearm', I said don't carry a huge bag of gear that people will want to take from you'. Reading comprehension, learn it.

>>950249
By now nothing, they've either been rescued by people that were prepared, or they're already dead.

>>951068
It's a sad world we live in when common sense is something that people have to point out before the majority takes heed.
>>
>>951169
I assume it's one of those wiresaws.
>>
>>951282
>bury your kit in a remote and discreet place
>then you can move fast because you don't have to carry anything
>common sense

Yeah, no. That's pants on head retarded. People are going to be selective about who they rob, rape and murder? Also, if this is such common sense, then why wouldn't they just follow you to your magic busket?
>>
>>951297
I totally should have assumed that first, whoops.
>>
>>951299
I actually don't think anons idea is bad. You keeps a decent majority of your shit at the site you'd go to in the event of a bug out scenario. That way you don't have to carry much shit there and can move quicker. That being said all the bug out/post apoc shit is just fantasy shit anyway let's not kid ourselves. I'm building am going to make emergency pack for my car and keep my main pack at home. Not at home = generally near my car.
>why wouldn't they just follow you to your magic busket?
That's stupid how would they even know? "I'll follow this guy around on the off chances he's wandering to a cache somewhere".
>>
>>948639
Anytime I see these threads I always go back to this.

https://youtu.be/4DSveLiEbSM
>>
>>951305
>fantasy

Agree wholeheartedly. It's more of a have and not need vs. a need and not have.

One post it's "don't have to carry anything" and the next it's "never said.. blah blah.. reading comp".

>stupid

More or less stupid than carrying nothing to your "remote and discreet" bucket?
>>
>>951311
You've been talking to two separate people so I think that's why you're confused a bit but I'll try and make this simple for you
Anon 1 :carrying a lot of shit around makes you a target
You (I presume): >not carry gun
Me: They too probably have gun
Anon 1: I never said not carry gun I said you're making yourself a target
You (to me): So what, not carry gun give shit away?
Anon 1 & me :You've missed the entire point
You: People would follow me to cache and walking without shit is dumb
Anons and my point is if I were starving (or even just looking to steal shit) and had a gun (which everyone does in yankistan) people walking around in bulky packs would be the first I'd try and target and kill/rob from far afar. Though again I return to my point of fantasy. Let's agree to disagree.
>>
>>951320
Fair enough.
>>
>>951299
In the first few days of any scenario that would require a BOB, there isn't going to be mass pillaging, there will just be hungry families trying to find food. The few very people desperate enough to kill for that food aren't going to go around killing everyone they see, that would cause everyone else to band together to take them out, the smart move would be for them to pick off individuals that look like they actually have something. And if I or OP are wandering down the street, disheveled with no bag and a concealed pistol, we're obviously not worth the bullet to the sniper who sees your dumb ass in full tac gear, waddling down the street with three shotguns slung over your shoulder, an ammo box under each arm, and a backpack full of what must also be a metric shit-ton of other other goodies.
>>
File: baklava.jpg (85KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
baklava.jpg
85KB, 1024x768px
>>948639
>military gasmask
drop that shit
>camo face cream
what the fuck?
>big ass chunk of soap
cut that shit in half at least
>binoculars
are you an ornithologist?
>baklava
... you know what, OP? That's a good choice since your only other option for eating are your MREs. pic related, it's my baklava
>>
i'd say you should ditch half of that useless shit and fill up with hard drugs. They're light and will be worth a fortune in the post-apoc society. OR you can just shoot up and have fun while the world goes to shit.
>>
>>948639
You need a better knife. Some form of tinder would be good. Lose the camo face cream. You've got a compass, but no map of your area as far as I can see. A mirror, in your med kit, if there isn't one already (for signalling and wound inspection). Try and re-roll your duct tape into a smaller roll, it's bulky. Unless I'm being blind, I don't see any sort of shelter in there apart from the poncho.

If that's your first bug out bag, that's not to bad to be fair. You need to think about the clothes you'll be bugging out in though. Think layers, and try to have the options for any season. Comfortable boots for walking in. Knee pads and gloves. And the other anons in the thread are right, you need to try and look as inconspicuous as possible.

[spoiler]but let's be real lads, we all know this is all just a bit of fun, for a set of scenarios that will very probably never happen[/spoiler]
>>
>>948722
Oh fuck off. Not everyone wants to beg their psych or hit up college grads. Caffeine is ubiquitous and nobody will ever raise an eyebrow over it.
>>
>>951422
To get back into the fun side of these threads. I've always thought it'd be fun to make a group similar to "the division" from the game with the same name. A group the try to ensure the continuation of society (instead of the government as in the game). You'd go on intense hikes/camp trips with the group. Even the the autistic, make believe military style training. Then again such a group would only attract weirdos.
>>
File: 1482445931531.jpg (31KB, 620x632px) Image search: [Google]
1482445931531.jpg
31KB, 620x632px
>>951369
>all those implications
wew
>>
I am interested in making a small bug out bag.

So far I have.

Gerber fire starter
Water purification tablets
Gerber knife with sharpener and small fire starter
Ka-Bar knife
Spyderco Tenacious

I might only keep one knife in the bag and the Spyderco on me.

What are some must have things and what would be a good bag that has nice storage but
doesn't attract a lot of attention?
>>
>>951541
Do you plan in going innawoods or stick with civilization and organized shelter ?

Content of the bag will vary depending of the duration you plan to stay outside. 1day, 3days or more

> what would be a good bag that has nice storage but doesn't attract a lot of attention?

any backpack that is not tacticool bullshit ?
>>
>>951585
Well I live in Miami currently, so it's mostly neighborhoods and shit. I feel like one day isn't enough, a 3 day would be ideal I think.

Yea maybe a Northface or something would be decent enough, I'll have to do some research.
>>
>>951594
imo, every already packaged idea is a waste of money and lot of people are very contradictory in their choices.
A lot of bob list are designed as rambo solo survival in the forest when city environment can be very challenging for other kinds of reasons.

Bugging out is not only about the bag, you need to think bug out plan, what are the risks according to where I live, where to go depending of the problem, by foot or by car?...

For the bag choose water resistant, then it will depend what you will pack, in a dense city environment a crowbar or bolt cutter can help you a lot but will fit differently depending of the bag.
>>
>>951599
Yea that is true, I agree man. Those are things I will consider very shortly. Honestly I don't need to spend a lot on this little bug out bag, I want it just in case I will need it one day. Never know what can happen.
A bolt cutter is probably a very good idea! There is plenty of chains and locks around, would be good. Crowbar is pretty heavy, a window is always a good option if I need to get inside a house.
Not gonna take a lot of shit, just stuff that I could use in general. Like maybe a yo-yo fishing reel, knife, little gas stove, water bottle, some food, first aid kit, and etc. Maybe some socks and shit.
>>
File: Flat-Ripping-Board-07791-.jpg (16KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
Flat-Ripping-Board-07791-.jpg
16KB, 600x428px
>>951676
You can get a small thing like pic related instead of a full size crowbar.
For urban environment bob (work for every bob) don't forget a pair of working gloves and maybe protection glasses.
>>
>>951727
I wear regular glasses so protection glasses would be uncomfortable.

Where do I get one of those mini crowbars? Also what is Bob?
>>
File: Fubar III.jpg (8KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
Fubar III.jpg
8KB, 500x332px
>>951599
>>951676
>>951727
Why not go all-in and just get a Fubar?
>>
>>951779
Where?
>>
>>951780
Made by Stanley. The Fubar III is like $70 on Amazon.
>>
File: Annihilator.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Annihilator.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
>>951779
Or this.
>>
>>951783
Expensive
>>
File: indeed.jpg (10KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
indeed.jpg
10KB, 319x316px
>>951791
>$70
>expensive
Sorry to hear that.
>>
>>951310
>Comments Disabled Video
I fucking well wonder why.
>>
What is a good folding saw to buy? The ones I see are always around 15 bucks. As someone who spergs over quality, I feel like they'll just break on me.
>>
File: 0000000019966.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
0000000019966.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>951854
Not sure about brands. Mine is pretty old and the tip broke off, but still cuts fine. All that aside, I like to bring a small bow saw with me sometimes. Pic related.
>>
File: IMG_1077.jpg (1MB, 3812x2066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
1MB, 3812x2066px
>>951861
That fine tooth blade really doesn't get in the way when cutting something thick? Never used one that stores a second blade like that.

Pic related is my bushcraft wood processing setup. I also bring along 800sq ft of portable solar panels.
>>
>>951880
It's interchangable. Only use one blade type at a time.
>>
>>948639
After more people have said something about playingcards, and that you are missing them, consider this. Bug out will get boring as soon you come into a safe area, and set up camp. Having some form of entertainment will keep you away from depression, thus keeping your morale a bit higher. Another possibility are small games, such as yathzee etc. But best something you can play with yourself and which is light.

Even though me and a frined of mine made a trip through denmark, from aalborg to skagen, which cant really be called out, after the 3rd day we where fucking bored when we arrived at the place we wanted to camp/ use a shelter.
>>
>>948639
>One water bottle
If it gets broken/starts to leek you cant carry water, not to mention I would get thirsty very soon considering how much you carry.
>Camo face patter
What are you, Rambo ?
>No raincoat
>No plastic sacks/bags
>Depending where you live I would consider that net against mosquitos with that hat they had in vietnam
>Radio is ok but if you are alone cards are pointless.
>wet wipes not found
>Rangers field guide is uselless, when you should know shit like this by heart and when you would need it you wont have time to read it
>Folding knife. Just no, full tang always.
>I would rather have small scissors than finger nail clippers.

Also I love to pack things like space blanket and those military camo waterproof plastic nets but that is just my autism.
>>
>>951806
I can get a mini crowbar for like 5-10 USD and a wrench for around the same. No point in spending so fucking much on one tool.
>>
>>951880
Kris Reynolds?
>>
>>948639
Fuck the poncho (bring a rain suit instead), mess kit (you easy your MREs right out of the bag), coffee (you can do without it for a short time), binocs (not as useful in the woods as in a big fields), gas mask (unlikely to be needed in a BoB situation), fingernail clippers (you're already panning a knife anyways), antibiotics (not needed for such a short time as what a BoB is intended for), candles (you're already packing a flashlight and batteries), soap (not necessary for a short time), duck tape (completely useless in the woods), compass (you should already know where you're going), face cream (fag), rag (you're already packing a kerchief), paper napkins (why?), field guide (you need to know what you're doing BEFORE you go into the woods), and balaclava (trying to be a grey man?).
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.