[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preparations for Iceland trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: iceland[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2139px) Image search: [Google]
iceland[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2139px
Hello, /out. I'm considering 1 month hike across Iceland and I'm picking up any informations, tips, recommendations and the most beautiful places to see there.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (2MB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
2MB, 480x356px
Lucky - I'm planning a 1 week road/camp trip.
>>
>>948275
cool, are you planning to sleep in a tent? I'm considering several options from hammock to motels, I don't know the prices of accomodation in Iceland.
>>
File: 1471303327605.gif (3MB, 320x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471303327605.gif
3MB, 320x291px
>>948278
We did a hammock in Alaska. I have heard there aren't as many trees so it may be tough. We were going to do two hammocks with two flys this time to be more comfy. Halfway through the night I would always have to switch sides if we were in the same doublehammock. I recommend Kammock. But get a cheaper fly and bug net. We may do a tent but that isn't comfy unless you bring the air mattress and shit and I would have to buy all that shit there since we couldn't fly it over easily.
>>
>>948278
It's seriously cold so be careful if you want to sleep outside.

The only tip I can give you is to rent an off road car. There is some normal roads from a village to another, but if you want to get out of the folks, there is only dirt roads in bad conditions.
>>
>>948295
There is almost no trees left on the island, you have been warned.
>>
>>948702
Cold...Iceland... Stay in merica.
>>
>>948702
I looked into that and found summer temperatures around -2°C. It's not that harsh. I think thew wind and the storms are going to be worse
>>
>>948278
>>948295
>>948705
If you got boulders tall enough, you can rig to those too, did it all the time out west. If they were too big for the straps, some 3/8" braided poly rope did the trick.

YMMV though, I'm only 5'5" 140~ lbs so I get away with some things you bigger folks can't.
>>
>>948260
you're going to be very disappointed if you expect to see those mountains on your trip, op
>>
>>949125
>summer
It's the key word.
>>
>>949197
too foggy?
>>949250
summer or from May to August.
>>
>>949254
>too foggy?
yeah, it'll probably limit the visibility to slightly less than the 8500 miles you'd need to see those mountains from iceland
>>
>>949260
fuck I should have checked the image is from Argentina, shouldn't I
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.