[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WashingtonDNR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: em_dnr_regions_2015.png (125KB, 574x423px) Image search: [Google]
em_dnr_regions_2015.png
125KB, 574x423px
Hi there. I got to interview with the Washington DNR for one of their Forest Management Internships. Has anyone here worked for them before? How competitive is it to get one of their jobs? I'm really nervous even though I think the interview went well. If I did get a job with them, what kind of cool /out/ stuff is there to do during the summer either in the Olympic peninsula or the Sedro Wooley area (aside from hiking obviously)?
>>
>>948185
What does the position entail?
How does one qualify?
What is your education?

Sounds like a sweet job.
>>
>>948185
I live in sedro woolley. Also called The gateway to the north cascades.

Outdoor activities are many. Climbing, fishing, boating, kayaking and the obvious hiking. Pretty much whatever you feel like doing out in the woods. Plus you have the holy grail of all gate keys at your disposal.
>>
>>951043
>Selfish government employees locking the public out of the woods so they can trash it in peace
>>
>>951085
WTF are you on about?
>>
>>951086
He doesn't like the fact that there are gated logging roads he doesn't have access to except on foot.

I don't like it either, but if you happen to have that key why not make the most of it.
>>
>>951385

I have had this problem plenty of times. Ended up just calling around and becoming buddie buddie with a lot of ppl. Now for Captol forest, I got keys to a lot of the gates. That is one joy of being in law enforcement, a lot of ppl tend to trust you.
>>
Anyone in WA want to help out a fellow /out/ist? I'm planning a hike from Scenic to Bandera or vice versa, need a ride from Spokane in a couple months, if anyone is already headed that way.
>>
>>951389
You are lucky you are dumb enough to get hired as a cop, if you have a normal IQ they won't hire you as it makes it hard to relate to the brown horde of criminals
>>
>>951385
Okay but there are more gated roads on private timber land that there are in DNR areas. Also you can still camp on the DNR lands unless they're day use only. I can recreate all day on private logging lands but the rules are much more restrictive.
>>
>>951524
I never said there aren't more private lands than public. Weyerhauser and Campbell Group are all over up here and are a pain in the ass. But a lot of times the roads may access dnr land even though the majority is private. I still stand by the fact that he will have the ultimate key, right behind a plasma cutter.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.