[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help guys. I really wanna go hiking in a far away country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: mountains.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mountains.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
I need help guys.
I really wanna go hiking in a far away country this holiday. I have the time, I have the money, but all my friends are too fucking lazy to do anything. I dont feel like going on my own... has /out/ some advice for me?
>>
File: 1434581910059.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1434581910059.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>948173
>has /out/ some advice for me?
Go on your own.
>>
>>948177
Im already becoming very asocial, and im afraid that'll be my final step to full on beta.
>>
>>948178
>my final step to full on beta.
That's not how it work, more, going and doing things by yourself without caring about what others thing is as alpha as they come.

But if that's a legit concern for you you may try >>>/r9k/ or any other faggotry board.
>>
File: FNF.jpg (105KB, 544x393px) Image search: [Google]
FNF.jpg
105KB, 544x393px
>>948173
>I have the money
i'll b your friend
>>
>>948183
>hiking solo in a foreign country with nobody to rely on but yourself
>beta

WEW Lad. WEW.
>>
File: 11515421.gif (985KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
11515421.gif
985KB, 500x281px
>>948178
grow up
>>
Hike the Camino de Santiago through Portugal
>>
Where are you thinking of going, OP? Sounds like you just want to be talked into it.
I'll be going hiking in the Atlas Mountains in April; you're welcome to join me.

>>948266
No, he should hike the Pennine Way in Lithuania.
>>
Make friends on the trail.
>>
>>948266
I don't know if you are joking or not but that's definitely a good hike to meet people.
>>
>>948173

Going out for hiking in Norway around May (not far from Tromso) feel free to join mate

And going out on your own is alpha as fuck
>>
>>948474
How many km are you going to hike?

Not op but since you are probably a scandi can you shine some light in this thread >>946936
Thanks
>>
>>948173
>beta

Your thinking is wrong thinking.

Agreed with all who say solo is alpha. I solo all the time, no two fucks given, and I am alpha af!

Op you literally have two choices:
>get new friends
>go alone

You can of course do both, your friends sound like little shits anyway.
>>
>>948173
go out on your own
just use some common sense with the areas you're visiting
>know where you're going
cook your own food, youll save ass loads of money
>>
>>948555
Why cook?

Fruits, nuts, cheeses, breads, canned meats, salami, summer sausages, all require no refridgeration or cooking.

Carry water tabs and ditch the stove.
>>
>>948561
Smells like bait...

1-3 lbs (if that) for a small camp stove and maybe another 2-4 for fuel, another 5 for some homemade dry dinners and you can go all week.

How much would a week of canned meats and veggies weigh? About 10-15 lbs. That's not even counting any breads, nuts and cheeses. All that salt and dry, fiberless food is going to block you up and dehydrate your ass.
>>
File: Truth.png (51KB, 1251x171px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.png
51KB, 1251x171px
I'll come with you anon
>>
>>948586
You eat like a disgusting pig.

Less than a pound of healthy nutritious food per day, please no fatties!
>>
>>948173
fucking go
if you wait for other people to come with you your just gonna stay full on beta and never leave

its now or never dont let a fake problem stop you from achieving your goals
>>
File: 20161227_110930.jpg (948KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161227_110930.jpg
948KB, 2560x1536px
>>948586
>3# stove
>4# fuel

Who THE FUCK carries 7#'s of cook set?

You def not been /out/ yet, please stop.
>>
>>948561
Why carry food?

Hunt for squirrels and mice, fish, eat leaves and bark, new shoots from the ground, moss from rocks and fallen trees.

6lbs base weight
>>
File: IMG_0130.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0130.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
>>948586
>mfw this faggot's cookset is 3/4 of my base weight
>>
>>948632
People who go camping beyond their backyards?
>>
>>948173
make some microliths, attach them to a long pointy stick and go hiking alone or with a medium-sized doggo
>>
>>948173
Went hiking abroad 3 times so far, 2, 1, 2 month trips. Many solo hiking trips in country.

If you're going to even somewhat used trail, you're going to meet people, some of them solo as well or in small groups. If you're socially adapt you'll be accepted and could hike alone with them for a while.
Most important factor in joining groups/couples:
Do not be a burden, you must be in the top 50% of the hikers in terms of speed and endurance (compared to the rest of the group), better yet be the best or second best.

Give them space, sometimes hiking alone 0.5-1 km ahead or behind the rest to give them privacy. Sometimes even going half a day to a day ahead by starting early is good).

Be able to go solo if needed, or you want to do so. I'm always prepared to go solo, but usually I find others or join a group within days of starting out.

If you are looking to join others, it's a good thing to have something extra to bring to the group, for example, I'm more experienced than most at setting pace, navigating, choosing a shelter location.
Have experience in mountaineering, snow conditions in the mountains etc, so people naturally feel safer to have me along.
But you can provide through item you're carrying as well, some good whiskey, stores of chocolate, professional camera or a go-pro could be the thing.
>>
>>952073
>Went hiking abroad 3 times so far, 2, 1, 2 month trips.
Meant these were the times when I went solo.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.