[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Skrama.jpg (49KB, 479x736px) Image search: [Google]
Skrama.jpg
49KB, 479x736px
Talk me out of it.
>>
>>947290
don't fall for the memes, faggot
>>
>>947291
But choppy choppy
>>
File: images.jpg (89KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
89KB, 1600x1068px
>>947292
>>
>Finnish engineering
Weeew
>>
>>947294
Not a fan desu

I'd honestly rather have a giant knife than a tiny axe.
>>
>>947299
why not a giant axe then?
>>
>>947303
Too big. Not going to be felling full-size trees.

Skrama, normal sized knife, and maybe a folding saw would work for pretty much anything that I wouldn't prefer a chainsaw for.
>>
>>947290
Why would I do that?

It's your money and I have no desire to control you.

Why do you want to be controlled is more important than what you spend your money on.
>>
>>947315
Because I want someone to validate me.
>>
>>947290
A good axe is better for axe-work. A huge knife is impractical for most of all the little things thad you'd use a knife for.

I can see the use if you do a lot of cuuting down sapplings and small branches, otherwise not
>>
>>947290

Do you live in the tropics?

I live in the Caribbean, and an axe is not as useful to me as a machete.

I can't see that substituting an axe, but what is it like compared to a machete?
>>
>>947338
It basically fills the same niche as a hatchet while still being usable as a knife.

Probably too heavy-duty for your neck of the woods.
>>
>>947339

Sounds like it.
>>
>>947290
Please, do spend your own money to fuel more finnish craziness coming out there.
>>
>>947290
Nah, it'll be a whole lot more hilarious when you make a thread about how your knife broke because of batoning or how useless it is for chopping or carving.
>>
>>947968
Did some cursory google searching, no reports or videos of it breaking I can see.
>>
File: 68.gif (13KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
68.gif
13KB, 250x194px
Buy it
T Finnish män
>>
>>947290
get a cheap version first and see if you like the functionality. if you break it no worries; if you don't, you saved money

amazon:
Ontario Knife Old Hickory Butcher Knife
it's technically a kitchen knife company, but they handle wayyy more abuse than that. kinda like small machetes
>>
>>949495
they have a "field knife" with a spike attachment i don't understand, but that might be more accurate to your interests
>>
>>947290
>Talk me out of it.

It is an oversized bread knife with a hole in it.

Did that work anon?
>>
Have one, it's my favorite knife I've ever bought.

It's 80crv2, not fucking 440C. Anyone who thinks that 80crv2 of that thickness will break under any even remotely human loads is retarded and knows nothing about metals.

I've chopped through a 7-8 inch tree with no real problems. The first inch or so of the edge is at a much thinner angle, makes whittling easy as shit. What makes it even nicer is its balanced in the dead center, meaning the whittling edge is just above the balance line.

tl;dr, it does exactly what it's advertised to do, made out of 80crv2 goodness, and is fairly cheap at like $55 when I got mine.
>>
I hope I never grow out of thinking big knives are cool.
>>
It really depends what you want it for. I spent three months working on a farm in Estonia and it is the perfect tool for general farm work. You can cut small trees, strip wood, clear brush, prepare food whatever.

But if you are after a general outdoors knife it's a good choice, and really very cheap for the amount of steel you get and the overall quality, but there are better choices. It's a little big for finer work and is quite heavy.

The choppy choppy is worth it though, the fun you can have bringing down saplings is incomparable to anything else I've done with a blade.
>>
Why not consider a billhook instead.

Stihl swiss brush hook

Very useful, and pretty reasonably priced.
>>
>>947338

My friend who trains US military in jungle survival in Belize uses a machete ($20 tramontina style) and hammock for sleeping. Us newbs slept in tents.

There's lots of vine whacking in the jungle where machete > axe. And sleeping off the ground is good too.;P
>>
>>951734
>not using superior finnish brush hooks
>>
>>947290
You'll end up just looking at it, brandishing it, and, at most, cutting up a raw chicken to cook.
>>
>>951734
I like that. I have one from Finland that is almost the same, but the handle is nearly twice as long. It's my goto from pruning in the yard, to splitting deer ribcages, to climbing firewood before I start the chainsaw. Don't know what kind of steel it is, but it doesn't rust easily and sharpens up quick with an axe puck. Guess I could google it, but where is the Stihl sold and for how much? My main saw is a Stihl.
>>
>>951734
>>953750
>>953758
I'm 3758, but my Finnish is not Fiskers. It's handle is the same length, but it's wood with a half tang. The blade is closer to the Stihl
>>
File: nutnfancy.jpg (120KB, 474x357px) Image search: [Google]
nutnfancy.jpg
120KB, 474x357px
>>947299
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.