[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

File: 1485833647641.png (1B, 486x500px)
1485833647641.png
1B, 486x500px
Fix this
>>
>>945100

WA fag who lived in Texas for a few yrs. I would of rated Texas higher. Has some amazing places, it's nice to actually go swimming in rivers and crap.
>>
>>945100
Note which shit-for-/out/ state you are from and maybe include a picture of your postage stamp sized wilderness-with-a-parking lot.

This map has been a tremendous butthurt generator.
>>
apparently can't swim. every single SE state with a coastline should be way higher. out needs to embrace water more, surf fishing, kayak fishing, free diving, scuba, surfing, swimming, skim boards....
>>
>>945124
Guy that made the map/original 2 threads here, I coach masters swimming and have competed in open water swims/tris all over North America. Nothing on the Atlantic coast compares to the Pacific Coast, there's some great sportfishing in the gulf and a bit on the Atlantic side but nothing that can't be found on the Pacific side if you get out past the shelf. Surfing on the Atlantic/Gulf? Come on now, it's just not good. There are a few great fresh water Tris on the East Coast though, Survival of the Shawangunks being the most notable.

I think the reaction to the map speaks for itself, there isn't much I wouldn't change even after seeing the hundreds of angry posts since the original threads, people get mad because they know it's true, if it was that bad it would just be dismissed each time it's posted.
>>
>>945100

I would give Michigan a 6 at least

We have a lot of amazing spots
>>
>>945144
>if it was bad people wouldn't disagree with it
>>
>>945144
ok, well apparently you need to go under the water. florida diving is the best in the country. also, n. carolina? reef road, palm beach. there's lots of good surfing in the se....
>>
Can we split NY into two?
>Southern NY counties 1.5
>Upstate a 5-7
>>
Oregon should be a 10.
>>
File: outmap3.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
outmap3.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>945149
So Michigan should at least be rated the same as New Mexico and Nevada, two states with huge areas of public land and everything from barren desert to snowcapped peaks, and Hawaii, a place where you can go through 4 biomes in an hour, some of which unique to the entire US? If you're going to suggest these claims you have to reason why you are as good or better than states with the same rating.

>>945150
If it was bad people wouldn't be upset by it

>>945151
Sure, the access to clear water and diverse ocean environments brought Florida up to a 4, in a state with little options to get away from developed areas and whose tallest peak is 300ft, not seeing how it's not being rated fairly. Very few people dive. The surfing may be good for East Coast Atlantic standards, but is complete garbage compared to CA or Hawaii.

I still have the photoshop file, I'll make a 3.0 if there's enough good arguments to change ratings. Here are the rules

-Do not advocate to change the rating of your home state. Obvious why it has to be this way, people are emotionally incapable of viewing their own state objectively.
-Like I said earlier in this post, if a rating should be changed explain why ALL AROUND the state is as good or better than states with the current rating.
-Do not post stock images to showcase why a state is great for /out/. If you have experience in the state you will have your own pictures.
>>
>>945100
no

this stupid shit cannot be fixed; it is one ignorant person's opinion, and they keep posting it as if it makes their lack of experience in any of the other 49 states any less illegitimate
>>
File: Close enough.png (1B, 486x500px)
Close enough.png
1B, 486x500px
>>945100
I'd say bump parts of Appalachia up a little more but other than that its about as good as it gets.
>West coast is 100x better than anywhere else
Tons of nice places but also tons of people and half the states areas out there are either cities or rubbish at best.
>>
>>945160
If that is true Alaska should be 110.
>>
>>945172
>Minnesota better than Arizona and nearly as good as California
Nice try Minnesotan
>>
>>945176
As a neutral third party, I would just like to point out that the people in California ruin any chance of it being truly great and the north woods of MN, WI, and the UP are pretty damn great.
>>
>>945173
Mosquitoes make it a 6.
>>
>>945182
>People
If this area became it's own state it would have less population density than any other state. California is a large state and nearly the entire population lives in two major metros, stupid to whine about the people there unless your idea of the outdoors is pitching a tent in downtown LA.
>>
>>945186
Yeah but you still have to deal with the laws made by the cunts living in LA.
>>
>>945176
Not from MN but rather MI. The beauty of north country is not only that there are fantastic places to go but that there is also no one there. It's serenity at its finest.

If you go you'll understand but its underrated as it truly is a hidden gem of the states
>>
>>945187
Which laws do you feel detracted from the experience when you were outdoors in CA?
>>
>>945186
Less than Alaska? Can you actually prove that?
>>
>>945100
>Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa all zeros
Are they that bad?
>>
>>945192
imo driving through iowa i'd give it a 0.5. Kansas is fine at 0 and Nebraska should be -1. Unless you like flatland farms and absolutely nothing else, it's not for you
>>
>>945192
This guy >>945194 is pretty much right on. I could count the number of trees in the whole state of Nebraska on one hand.

>>945190
All of them. The gay people getting married disrupts my fishing trips.
>>
File: county_map.gif (1B, 486x500px)
county_map.gif
1B, 486x500px
the 1st fix is using a more detailed map.
>>
>>945149
That should be for the UP; the LP isn't that great tbqh
>>
>>945163
I'm from Chicago, but arguments for MI include but are not limited to: Sleeping Bear, Pictured Rocks, Isle Royale, having the second-most coastline of any state, having crystal clear water, and having some of the best fly fishing in the country. Additionally you can hunt deer, elk, moose, any kind of fowl, any kind of upland bird, many predators, etc. Winters are phenomenal for ice fishing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, whatever you want short of Rockies-level alpine.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>945192
Iowa is good for fishing/hunting/offroad and that's it. There's some hidden spots but I'm not giving them up.
>>
File: pictured rocks.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
pictured rocks.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>MI
>4

We need tourist money AND we have legit beautiful areas. Just go above the 45th parallel and you're good.
>>
>>945117
This, northwest America is okay, but is lacking in biodiversity.
>>
>>945266
Beautiful.
How could is that water though?
>>
>>945269
Surface temp is fine in the summer. Just don't dive too deep since it drops real quick.
>>
File: FIXED IT.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
FIXED IT.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Here you go.
>>
The west coast is shit and full of retards and horrible. Do not come here. We're full fuck off it's bad here fuck you stay in your state.
>>
>>945268
>, northwest America is okay, but is lacking in biodiversity.

Wut?
>>
>>945374
He means there aren't enough POC.
>>
>>945100
Lmfao
Florida is a 4?
Nah. KYS.
>>
>>945405
You're right, 4 is too high. A 2 would be more accurate.
>>
Pennsylvania has access to the Great Lakes, has a large national forest, and several million acres of state forests and gamelands. Much of the state is outside of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia is very very rural. Ithe should be higher.

NY and the Adirondacks are a thing of beauty. Easy to access with stunning views, more ski mountains than any other state, and huge amounts of state owned land. The Adirondack park is bigger than Yosemite, Glacier, Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone combined. No way New Hampshire is better than NY.

North Carolina is too high. There's very little North Carolina has that Virginia doesnt.

The swamps of southern Louisiana are a world of themselves. In terms of fishing and boating, they're amazing. State needs to be 1 point higher, it's way better than mississippi.

Honestly, I've been at AZ, there's literally nothing there. I'd give it a 2, and NM a 3.
>>
>>945529
>I've been at AZ, there's literally nothing there. I'd give it a 2, and NM a 3.

kill yourself my man
>>
>>945100
Seems very biased and ignorant to me. I've been to Cali and a bunch of low ranked states and Cali is utter shit compared to many of them.
>>
Montana is a 0, definitely go to Idaho instead
>>
For what it's worth, Alabama is GOAT if you are willing to make your own fun. Last weekend my roommate and I went to some national forest and shot at fish with our shotguns for a couple hours
>>
>>945867
That's probably the most Alabama thing I could imagine
>>
>>945100

Indiana deserves at least a 4 four our dunes and wonderful hunting.

Hoosier national forest isn't great, but its par for the course considering the level of development our state has.
>>
>>945253

Don't forget that the entire UP is fucking god tier.

Also from chicago area, where do you go out? I can't find any good spots locally.
>>
>>945554
who do you think made it....
>>
>>945172
>tons of people and half the states areas out there are either cities or rubbish at best.
t. has never been to the west coast
>>
>>945552
It's a barren desert. It's all red, no colors. It's just vast stretches of rock and sand. There's literally nothing to see at all, it's worthless.
>>
>>946045
>I had a layover in phoenix once
>>
>>946045
Is this b8? It seems too stupid to not be b8 but at the same time it's not outlandish enough to be b8.

In case you're serious, the state is gorgeous. Payson, Prescott, Camp Verde, and especially Flagstaff are god-tier /out/ towns. The largest Ponderosa forests in the country are here. Basically anything north or east of Black Canyon City is excellent for /out/. Also, Grand Canyon.

Most of the population lives in the deserts, but there are sizable cities in the beautiful regions too. I would call the state a solid 7 at bare minimum.
>>
>>945374
As in the environments you come across are largely the same. Appalachians and rolling farmland
>>
The usual rating system is shit. I see no tens.

The one I use goes from -5 to +5. "why would you just shift the whole thing down by five points?" you might ask. The reason is to keep people honest about how something stacks up against the average, and to reinforce positive/negative ratings. The average movie is 8/10. This is absolutely unacceptable. Average should equal zero with positive meaning better than average and negative meaning worse than average.

+5 = Literally the best. (top 5%)
+4 = There are better. (top 10%)
+3 = Pretty damn good. (top 20%)
+2 = A bit better than average. (top 30%)
+1 = A little better than average. (top 40%)
0 = The average
-1 = A little worse than average.
-2 = Bad
-3 = Pretty damn awful
-4 = Fucking terrible by nearly all measures
-5 = Absolute shite and a complete waste of time.
>>
>>946289
>the one I use...
post it
>>
>>946303

I did. I posted my rating system.
>>
>>946284
>northwest
>Appalachians
What the fuck am I reading
>>
Arkansas definitely deserves better. Some amazing areas, especially in the northern part.
>>
>>945163
New Mexico should be up higher and Michigan gets a 6. Also notice there are no 10s. Alaska should be a 10
>>
>>945100
most of illinois is a 1

the south part of the state however, I give it at least a 3

>mfw somebody is anywhere in the state north of route 13
> route 13 is the marker line where the ice age glacier went farthest south, north of there its rolling cornfields, south of that it becomes hills and forest
>>
>>945895
I fish the lakeshore, or just go to WI or MI (where I have friends that own a lot of land). I'm looking at doing at least a section of the Ice Age Trail this spring, likely around Kettle Morraine. I still haven't planned it out though.
>>
>>946487
Oh and occasionally take my jeep to cliffs offroad
>>
>>945100
WA, WY, NM each deserve a +1
Probably OR and CO too but haven't spent much time there
>>
>>945100
utah surprisingly is an awesome place.
zion national park fucking rules
>>
File: 20170121_121230.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_121230.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>946094
Thank you, azbro.

2.0 is jackass.
>>
>>945406
the everglades and numerous other swamp reserves make it deservable of a 4. not to mention the fishing. If you dont like swamps or water, then I would understand a score of 2, but if you are looking at it objectively, I think it deserves a 4

t. Floridafag
>>
>>945100
>NJ
>1
lmao ok
>>
>>948742
Clue me, how many National Parks are contained within NJ state linez?

> protip -0 in not a number
>>
>>948742
>swamps
>refineries
>shopping malls
Wow such /out/
>>
>>945100
not sure why PA is only 2
we have pretty yuge forests
>>
>>945529
>Honestly, I've been at AZ, there's literally nothing there. I'd give it a 2, and NM a 3

Autism reigns supreme.
>>
>>945867
>shot at fish with our shotguns for a couple hours

and we wonder where stereotypes come from...
>>
>>945117
Agreed, the green belt is fucking godly
>>
>>945152
This. Beautiful and still wild country to be found in the Adirondaks. Even the Catskills still have some thick, remote spots left if you know where to look.

>>945405
>>945406
>>948664
This too. The fishing is pretty good, for now, but that's about the only thing about the place that rates a 4. Only decent places for real camping are Ocala National and the glades, if you can get permission or dodge the authorities. The glades are only bearable in the late fall and early winter, and Ocala is choked with bums, hippies and heads January through June, then the brain dead tourists move in until September. September through January is hunting, closed to camping , and trust me, you do NOT want to be out there during hunting season. Those fuckers shoot at anything that moves because its either a deer or somebody "trespassing" on "their" spot.

There are some really nice pockets here and there, but you gotta hunt around for them, then wade through the worst dregs of american society to get there, sneak in to keep some random shit from fucking with you, and even then, you still can't get far enough away that you can't hear the cars and boats...

Then you got nature herself to deal with. 100% humidity year round, lethal heat six months a year, miserable heat four months of the year, 20 million skeeters per person, stupid inbred rednecks, asshole tourists and every other dirt bag that got thrown out of every other state. That's Florida in a nutshell.

</rant>
>>
>OR & WA only 7, AK only 8.5
kek
>>
If Florida isn't at least an 8, you've never -really- been out.
>>
>>945117
rec some of your favorite sites in texas anon
>>
>>949379
Since you like Florida so much, I gotta ask, which one are you?

>400 lb inbred cousin fucker who's lived here his whole life and thinks this diseased shithole is paradise.

>generic beanbag that is either Mexican, Cuban, or Puerto Rican depending on which group is getting the better benefits and shits over everything because "the white man owes me one"

>transplanted dirtbag who came here for the cheap meth, easy access to pills and easier access to cheap toothless hookers

>Kidde rapist who loves all the young flesh on the beach every summer, easy pickings for kidnappings and whole communities of your species just about anywhere you go.

>wealthy douche who takes advantage of any or all of the above and shits all over nature because "its my right!"
>stupid semi rich old fucker who grew up in st. Augustine, ft. Myers or key west, left 20 years ago, hasn't actually been back since aside from short trips back home and thinks all of Florida is just like that.
>>
Is there a reason why Indiana is so low? I go hiking like everyday. Tons of great forests and rolling hills, I could go hiking a on different trail every day and never run out for a year+. Or are the other states just that much better? I've never spent much time out of the midwest.
>>
>>949420
How will Floriduh ever recover
>>
>>949379
haha, no, 4 is extremely favorable for Florida

>>949455
Your mind will explode if you ever visit a good state
>>
>>945144
Well sure, the map makes sense if you're only talking about water, but why wouldn't you label it that way?
It's pretty obviously a biased map too. You seem to be completely ignoring the ozarks.
>>
File: 1487052828830365597716.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
1487052828830365597716.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
>>945100
Missouri is only a 3? Nigga, you done messed up.

>Be proud Missourian.
>It's a brand new day. We experience every season fully, so it never gets bland.
>Look out over the prairie, hills and woods.
>Lakes and rivers with a variety of wildlife.
>tfw no bears, wolves or dangerous snake.
>Low population means lots of room space for camping.
>Geologic wonders waiting to be explored.
>Gun restrictions? What are those?
>Trails and Parks managed by Missouri fish and game. Proud tradition of conservation.

Not rated 10/10.

Gtfo
>>
>>949455
Quit lying faggot, there aren't 10 trails near you, much less 365 or more
>>
>>945192
>>945194
>>945198
fuck off were full

and you gave the sportsman's paradise a 2? the people are trash but the state has a lot going on
>quit being a prissy bitch and get your hands dirty
>>
>>945171
well put anon
>>
>>945100

>TN
> a 2

Its like they watched the show Nashville and assumed that was the outdoors here. Should at least be a 7-8.

Trails all over east TN, great lakes and rivers to kayak and fish on, savage gulf area in general.

Now west TN I can understand and would put at a 4. But 2 overall? Can confirm bong dildos were smoked.
>>
>>945100
I would give ks a 10 but i live here. Littereally impossible to die unless you freeze. Rarely hear of a coyote. Boar making it in from oklahoma. Bobcats and anything else that can really hirt you fuckoff. Had some coyotes tree me one knight but i broke off a stick and just beat them till they took off. Then i grabbed my 12 guage when i got to ground and shot bothe those dumb cunts. Never seen that. Must have been starving.
>>
>>950592
>>950977
>welp I reckon mah states a 10 cuz I aint been nowhere else and it would be pretty gosh darn hard to die in the woods here, plus there aint no spellin teachers wastin time so we get to go truck ridin to the swamp to catch some crawdads, plus plenty of dang ol cornfields
>>
>>951196
You owe me a pair of sides
>>
>>945144
What do you have against hunting, horseback riding, or the many other outdoor activities available in Nebraska? Have you never spent much time there?
>>
>>945194
Go to Creighton or Verdigris or somewhere and see if you still feel that way.
>>
>>945198
Again, you don't really know anything about Nebraska. The forests aren't great, but there are real forests in a few places, like Long Pine.
>>
>>951236
Come on dude, be realistic
>hunting
>horseback riding
Let's pretend the map was based solely on these two activities. Would Nebraska even be in the top 30 states? Not a chance. Very limited selection of game animals, almost no public land, sure there are plenty of horses but again, next to no public land to go /out/ on horseback, next to no trail network, and 0 interesting topography. Which states even have worse horseback riding and hunting options than Nebraska? Only a handful of states in the Northeast. And that is solely judging on those two tiny parts of outdoor experience.
>>
>>945253
>I'm from Chicago
same here
>>945163
can confirm, I travel all across the united states, all 48 conus. the UP is amazing.

also giving Tennessee a 2 and NC a 5? I get that the beaches in NC are some of the best in the states but TN a 2? srsly?
>>
File: 3chadron-700x500.jpg (197KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
3chadron-700x500.jpg
197KB, 700x500px
>>945100
>Nebraska 0
motherfucker, you map is bullshit, thake the 'official' label off of it. your opinion should not dictate how this whole board thinks.

pic related, Nebraska bluff are not a 0. I'm from Illinois and i know that much

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nebraska/10-bluffs-and-cliffs-in-ne/
>>
ITT: NIDF
>>
File: Sandhills.jpg (1019KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sandhills.jpg
1019KB, 1000x800px
Nebraska Sandhills

not saying Nebraska is great, just point out the lunacy of OPs """official""" map
>>
>>951287
He did say fix this, not sure why y'all are going about it in such a hostile manner
>>
>>945100
South Dakota should be higher, the badlands are amazing.

MN and (and MI's UP) also should be moved up. Great places up there, tonnes of lakes and forest area, plus the coast of lake superior is amazing, and lake michigan too in places like door county.
>>
>>951290
>not sure why y'all are going about it in such a hostile manner
I love America.
>>
NH and NY are amazing.. Maine as well...idk why they are so low rated..?

person who made this has never hiked New England
>>
>>951295
That's it, get this hothead outta here
>>
File: 6756546546544554.png (265KB, 1553x1202px) Image search: [Google]
6756546546544554.png
265KB, 1553x1202px
OP you're invading my cornfield friendly safe space you CIS gendered eco-bigot.

Love and kisses all around~!
>>
File: 4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4137274551_1d12ab907d.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>951308
>>
>>945100
>ND
What the hell is in North Dakota that warrants anything above 1?
>NE
Score of 0 for most of the state is fair. But the Sandhills are cool as fuck and the state deserves a 1 just for them.
>MI
Deserves a 6 for dat UP. Some cool places in the mitten too.
>The Rockies
Everything with Rocky Mountains automatically gets at least 6? I haven't been out west all that often but a lot of these states seem overrated as fuck. Nevada, for example; it's nothing but brown desert. But it gets a 6 anyway because muh Rockies.

The whole map is fucked.
>>
>>951359
Rocky mountain dweller here, Colorado, Utah, Montana deserve high marks. Wyoming and Idaho are beautiful, but inconsistent ( drab, windy plains in Wyoming and areas around Boise are really kind of ugly).

Nevada is shit, the desert is cool and all, but it's a pretty bland place overall. If you've never been to Reno or Winemucca, you're lucky.

Arizona is also pretty in some parts and the desert is better, butthe further south you go, the more the desert is a waste, and going camping near Phoenix or Tucson is a good way to get shanked by immigrants.

New Mexico is similar, though less dangerous overall.
>>
File: RockyMountainsLocatorMap.png (30KB, 637x424px) Image search: [Google]
RockyMountainsLocatorMap.png
30KB, 637x424px
>>951359
>Nevada
>Rockies
C'mon son
>>
Australian here. Why are the middle states 0?
>>
>>951571
cause OP is a California fag and muh election!

the whole map is fucked. plenty of 0's no 10's. baseless rating system, much like Celsius
>>
>>951571
Because it's like the middle of Australia but not as dry
>>
>>951592
You fags wouldn't be so defensive about it if you didn't know in your hearts that he's right
>>
>>951604
>no 10's
>no 9's
>four 0's
rating system of an imbecile
>>
>>945100
Maine is only a 5, are you kiding me? It has the hundred mill wilderness. The Best part of the Appalachian Trail.
>>
>>951606
10 implies perfection
There's no such thing as a perfect /out/ state anymore
>>
>>951611
10 implies the top of the pyramid. there's no point noting a theoretical state if you're going to claim 8% of your pool is void of all utility.

The map rating needs to be curved to reflect what is physically redeemable.
>>
>>951614
>10 implies the top of the pyramid
According to whom?
>>
>>951617
if not, what rates your very of the unobtainable 10? Eden? what's the point?
>>
kentuckyfag here, we deserve higher just for red river gorge
>>
>>946045
>I drove straight through the state on the I-10 one time
>>
>>945144
Care to explain why Minnesota and Michigan are rated a 4? Mind you, this is the same score as South Dakota.
>>
>>951755
no you don't
>>
File: giphy.gif (155KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
155KB, 500x280px
Im moving to Idaho. Should I live up north in the forest or down south in the mountains.
>>
I live in MS, 10 miles from a 640,000 acre national forrest. 75% of it is planted in 3 or 4 species of pine and relatively low in biodiversity. The other 25% is riverbottom and places too rough for Pines to be profitable. That 25% is awsome; 160,000 acres of 4.5.

The other NF's in MS all feature hidden jewels, plus the coast is fun. I almost agree with the 2 rating based on total acreage, but I'd give my 80 mile radius a 3.5.

My favorite place I've played around in is the Sangria De Christo mountains in NM. So I guess that's my U.S. 10. I've never spent a winter there though, and don't think I want to.
>>
>>951838
Oh yeah, that was my first /out/ post. Hi! Used to do /k/ once in a while, but it's alot more relaxing here.
>>
Very yooperish thread
>>
>>951820
People in the rural panhandle are dick heads. They don't like outsiders and also smoke a lot of meth.
>>
>>951820
Boise is okay, Coeur d'Alene is nice but I think it could get old p fast
Pocatello is a Mormon hellhole
>>
>>951820
Are you black or non white hispanic?

If yes, then Boise, Pocatello, or Idaho falls.

If not, then the north, no question.
>>
>>951872
>not smoking meth
It's like you don't want to have a good time
>>
>>946045
Have you not seen the sunsets? The best in the country.
>>
>>951624
Alaska 150 years ago
>>
Hawaii should go down to 3, Penn up to 4 at least, Alaska up to 9 or 10, NM a little higher
>>
>>945266
Where in MI is that?
>>
>>952902
pictured rocks, UP
>>
>>952360

I feel that not many fags realizes AK is God tier but Alaskans want to keep it that way
>>
Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, all easy 10s. Has this nigger ever hiked the AT before?
>>
>>952914
Ty friend
I think I know what i'm doing this summer
>>
VA is easily at least a 5 because of the variety of terrain. Plus it has a decent amount of public land for being an eastern state.
>>
/k/ommando here,

Anyone know of any places in NC that are at least largely untouched? I've been doing some looking on google maps and even our state parks are riddled with roads/campsites.
It doesn't matter where it is. Firearms friendly is a big plus, because anywhere I go, my rifle is coming with me. But I'm not opposed to sneaking about if it's frowned upon.
>>
>>951254
Nebraska has interesting topography faggot.
>>
>>945100
I think Maine needs an 11
>>
File: one map to rule them all.jpg (603KB, 1631x981px) Image search: [Google]
one map to rule them all.jpg
603KB, 1631x981px
>>952975
>nc
sorry anon, you're fucked

if your state doesn't have dark green in it, it's trash.
>>
>>953241
Didn't know you could go so deep in Idaho.
>>
>>953241
Those deep green areas are only accessible by the most hardcore or most rich if you truly want to explore them
>>
>>952360
There's no better time to be out than today, cus we have medicine and lightweight carbon fiber tarps and stuff.
>>
>>953248
>12 miles from a road
>very hard core
how fucking soft are you?
>>
>>951267
That ain't Nebraska.
>>
>>953256
It is, actually.

It's at Chadron State Park. Far Northwest NE.
>>
>>953252
You don't realize that if that whole large area is deep green, then the center is very far from a road.
>>
>>953252
And it's not including unpaved Forest service roads. Those are wilderness areas.
>>
>>945100
what a stupid image. there are amazing landforms and wilderness areas in LITERALLY all 50 states. moreso in some places than others, but no state should fall below a 5
>TN
>2
get the fuck outta here
>>
>>953545
>but no state should fall below a 5
Thats just dumb. But what's dumber is this maps arbitraryness, since state lines are arbitrary.
>>
>>953241
That's sorta bullshit. Population per square mile is a better /out/ barometer.
>>
>>945100
The only way to rate things right is by actual experience on a relative personal level, then combine the results.

If you grew up in NYC, and your first and only /out/ was fishing in Alaska, then that would be your ten. When you get back, your former ten (Central Park) is now a 2.
Your next trip is 20 miles on a NF trail in Tennessee- your new 7.

It's relative. It is not dependant on what is there. It's depends on an individuals personal past personal experiences relative to a new experience.
>>
>>953609
By this logic, the only states that you are entitled to rate are NY, AK, and TN. If you rate anything else, then you are simply an imaginative bullshitter.
>>
>>953241
Not sure about the others but quite a few people hike Thorofare (the biggest green part in Yellowstone).

The Bob is very accessible and trail runners often cross it in a day, plus plenty of backpackers/packers/strong dayhikers get deep into the wilderness.

The Frank Church/Gospel Hump/Bitterroot area has a road that cuts it in two.

These places aren't super inaccessible or anything, a casual 3 night backpack is all it takes to explore the deepest parts.
>>
>>952951
Thank you fellow northern new England bro
>>
>>945163
Georgia should AT LEAST be as high as Florida. So either it goes up or FL should go down.
Saltwater fishing shit. More freshwater fish species-from panfish to walleye and trout, better hunting, Appalachian Trail, has mountains that FL doesn't.
That should be sufficient.
>>
>>949366
But where are the downsides to Florida?

>>949420
What if we fit more than one of your choices?
>>
>>950671

I can literally list them if you want.
>>
>>954399
He won't believe you if you don't.
Actually he won't believe you even if you do, because he's a faggot.
>>
All this map proves is OP doesn't deer hunt. What a fag.
>>
File: IMG_5084.jpg (3MB, 4000x2669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5084.jpg
3MB, 4000x2669px
>no mention of springs in FL so far

I think springs make it deserving of at least a 4
>>
>>954424
wear your life jacket anon
>>
>>950592
KC, STL, and Columbia bring down the overall average.

If Missouri was split between north and south, the north would be a 2 and the south would be a 10.
>>
The only thing this map is good for is rage. Rage by anons from every state that OP shat on. Rage by OP against anons calling him out on his bullshit. Rage from all the trololoing that keeps the map alive.

The only real conclusion is that any anon who puts in effort to enjoy what their area has to offer will think highly of where they live, and any lazy-ass anon who dismisses what a place has to offer (or the /out/ activites that are common in some areas but not others) or thinks that the only true measure of a place is remoteness and open access will think that life is suffering in every place they don't like.

I've moved all over the country and found cool /out/ things to do in every single place I've been, and that includes Oklahoma, Delaware, and California.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.