[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found half a Senko in a 22" Lake Trout stomach today, hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 20170205_150943.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_150943.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
Found half a Senko in a 22" Lake Trout stomach today, hard as a rock and virtually fossilized, must have been there for years. Fish seemed healthy but probably didn't help it. Careful with your plastics people.
>>
File: 7211448016_f2980fd75c_b.jpg (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
7211448016_f2980fd75c_b.jpg
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>944991
see
>>942810

Also, use an Ultimate Worm instead of plastic senko. They will last nearly forever and won't get pulled off the hook.
>>
>>944995
Thought these were CSGO knife skins from the thumbnail.
>>
woops this was supposed to be in the fishing thread. Oh well. PSA then I guess.
>>
Yet another example of irresponsible fishermen trashing up the outdoors
>line
>lures
>trash
can all be found in fisherman habitats
>>
File: IMG_1362.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1362.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>944991
Damn, I'm suprised it didn't break down. I wonder what brand that is because a lot of the stuff breaks down fairly quick in the water alone. A few months back I snagged some line I lost like a week earlier with a Strike King soft bait on the end and it had started to break down noticeably just in that short time.

Quite contrary to the one anon who claims it's better to leave the hooks in gut hooked fish because their stomach acid is so strong that it will break down in days. I don't really believe it.
>>
File: e88df7b64265f08f.jpg (161KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
e88df7b64265f08f.jpg
161KB, 2000x1200px
I don't have a pic but I went deep sea fishing off Cape Cod when I was a kid and caught a few eels. The guys on the boat were nice enough to fillet one for me so i ate it along with the cod :]

Tastes like absolutely nothing. Which isn't the worst outcome when it comes to fish. Little butter and garlic, maybe some breadcrumbs, and it's all good
>>
>>944991
How can we prevent this with plastics? There's not much to do if the fish bites off half of the lure...
>>
>>945037
The most responsible ones lose lures and other tackle some times. I'd say if there were biodegradable lure options out there, and were mandatory to use, I'd buy them obviously. But some of the best lures arent
>>
>>945137
By using bio-degradeable plastic lures.
>>
>>946018
Actually the worst idea. I'd rather not have decomposing plastics leaching into the flesh of something I'm going to eat.
>>
>>946023
I agree. Yes some plastics will harm a fish when they swallow then, but the amount of lost lures in any given area is relatively small anyways. It doesn't really have a huge environmental impact, and no worse than the countless other items of trash that end up in our water.
>>
>>946025
You've never stepped on one while swimming, have you?
>>
>>946023
"bio-degradable plastic" doesn't dissolve.
It's just held together by a protein binder, which breaks down to unlink tiny plastic fragments --which a fish could poop out.

Non-biodegrdable plastic is just as likely to leach material into a fish gut, especially since it can sit there for the fish's lifetime.
>>
>>946025
>It doesn't really have a huge environmental impact
WAT?
Fishing debris is a huge part of plastic pollution, perhaps the majority
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0111913
>>
>>946261
We're talking about a few people fishing, not commercial fishing operations.

Large plastic is not the problem, it's the small microscopic pieces that cause the biggest harm.

Again, losing a lure contributes nearly nothing to plastic pollution, and recreational fishing causes virtually no pollution in the grand scheme.
>>
>>946290
>my little bit doesn't hurt
is what everyone says. That's why everything is shit
There are millions of recreational fisherman in the US alone
All plastic is the problem
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.