[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, my friends and I are planning a camping trip to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Hey /out/, my friends and I are planning a camping trip to the smoky mountains this spring.
However, smoky mountains national park has a lot of fire and camping restrictions.

There are a lot of national forests right next to the national park. Do you suggest going to a national forest instead? Which national forest should we go to?
>>
I live right by the smokies, can I ask what makes you want to come here? They're really just glorified hills, but tourists come from all over the world to see them.
>>
>>944373
My friends and I are from Ohio and we're going to be on spring break. We just want a good place to go camping and sadly ohio is a shitty place to go camping baka.
>>
>>944378

>ohio is a shitty place to go camping

Anyone have the greentext of the dude that gets turned on by Ohio?

GSMNP is one of the most if not the busiest national park in the country. Check out the Nantahala or the Pisgah instead. Same hills, creeks, and foliage, less people, less restrictions.
>>
File: 1downsize.jpg (956KB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1downsize.jpg
956KB, 1728x1152px
>>944369
>>944378
I live in southern Ohio anon and I would recommend going to Red River Gorge.
Really beautiful iron banded formations and lots of natural bridges where wind has sand-blasted less resistant rock below more resistant rock thus creating arch ways.
Pic related is a large wall of iron banding, where the water table would change and would leave behind iron to be mineralized.

Never actually camped there, but I do know you can camp outside of a certain distance from trails, and some trails are so out there no one would know you're there.
Great views and some rock climbing there too anon, check it out.

Also Ohio isn't as bad as people say but you need to be more interested in the geology of the area to appreciate innawoods.
>>
File: 1441242567923.jpg (26KB, 460x391px) Image search: [Google]
1441242567923.jpg
26KB, 460x391px
>>946397

Seconding Nantahala or Pisgah. No paying for a shitty pass; not as much horse shit.
>>
>>944373
>I live right by the smokies, can I ask what makes you want to come here?

Clearly you've never spent much time in Ohio.
>>
>>946475
I think you have to be over 300 feet from a trail to camp. There's some other restrictions on camping in the Red River Gorge geological area and you can find them on the Daniel Boone national forest website

>tfw school and cheer in KY
>wanna go visit Red River Gorge but don't want to pay for a parking pass

At least there's plenty of national forest in KY. Former Kansas bro and god damn it's so wild to see actual ups and downs instead of just flat fields everywhere
>>
>>946517
>actual ups and downs

Go west dude. You'll shit yourself.
>>
>>944369
>They're really just glorified hills.
so are the himalayas to martians.
all is relative, my friend.
>>
>>946397
Do not go anywhere near gsmnp crowds and traffic/10
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.