[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Help me decide between the Cold Steel SRK and the Leatherman Surge. I already have a cheap Gerber folding knife and I already have a Leatherman Wingman, so either choice will be a nice upgrade for me.
>>
>>944111
The Surge would be for every day carry (I dont mind the weight) and the SRK would just be used occasionally when camping / hunting / killing a chicken at my mother-in-laws house
>>
Multitool bro.
It's better!
-Love Anon.
>>
>>944138
Thanks, I was leaning towards the MT. I bought a Swisstool RS off Amazon on Monday and it didn't lock up, so I exchanged it. Got a replacement one on today, same problem, sent it back. Decided to look around at other options, but I think the Surge was always in my future...
>>
>>944111
Honestly, multitools are a meme. Who uses pliers everyday (outside of a job)? If you somehow did, you would be better off carrying a good pair of regular pliers. You don't need a bottle opener, a screwdriver, or a dildo inside of your pliers.

Get yourself a good quality knife. Folding/pocket if innacity. Fixed sheath blade if innawoods. A knife will do everything you need.
>>
>>944178
thats why i like the freestyle. its just a knife and the pliers which i use the wire cutters on for the ends of guitar/mandolin strings
>>
>>944178
You have a circle argument goin anon.
>outside of work
What if my work is a hobby?
>I do use the pliers and screwdrivers daily.
What if my multitool does have a dildo inside?
....might explain why my vagina bleeds so much.

Who uses a knife everyday?
>opening mail or a package
>>always having a package to open thus requiring a knife.
hmm....pretty sure my multitool HAS a knife!
>>
>>944178
coming from somebody that has effectively used neither, surely
>>
>>944178
>multitools are a meme
Spending $100+ on a multitool is, for sure. But ~$30 on a Skeletool or ~$60 on a Wave is not.
>>
any option that is not cold steel is the infinitely better choice

Get shit from a good brand that won't snap off in your hand after light use.
>>
OP here, I got the Surge. It is an excellent upgrade from my WIngman.

>>944178
I was, at first, skeptical about carrying a multitool. Years ago I preferred my Swiss Army Knife. One day, I lost my SAK and bought the Wingman from Home Depot on sale for about $15. I fell in love with it! You would be surprised how frequently I use the pliers around the house (but I am also constantly doing home-improvement projects, so I might be the exception rather than the rule).

>>944338
I don't think that I would ever have spent this much money on a tool usually, but my wife and I got our tax refunds back and we both gave ourselves $150 to spend on whatever "luxury" item we wanted.

>>944343
You dislike Cold Steel? Interesting! I have always heard good things about them. Have you had a bad experience with one?
>>
>>944215
No circle. Work cannot by its definition be a hobby.

>>944334
Great argument cock gobbler

>>944591
Perhaps a multi tool works for you around your home, but if I were you I would save some shekels and buy a toolbox with actual tools.
>>
>>944111
have both!
>>
>>944178
i'm a city guy i carry a multi every day and it's a convenience thing. i use it a lot instead of dicking around or go hunt for tools. if anything it saves time and expands your capability on the spot. yes you can use the pliers frequently enough and the blade and sometimes the screwdrivers. i used the bottle opener a lot too.
>>
>>944338
>~$30 on a Skeletool
are you sure those are not chink fakes?
>>
>>944749
yeah i just looked up a skelly cx which i have is 99 at leatherman. i think i bought mine at $90 or maybe dollar was weaker then, but it's a several years old model a serrated 154cm fucking love it.
>>
Charge Tti vs Fällkniven S1

is the real deal
>>
>>944215
LONDON
>>
>>944140
Multitool, my dude. I have a Leatherman Rebar as an EDC and it's a blessing through and through. Use it at work, while I'm out, at home, etc.
>>
>>944111
if you have a knife and a multitool, get a sharpening stone or buy something nice for your girlfriend, don't be a gear queer
>>
>>944764

+1 Fallkniven - If you have 100 bucks to spend on a San Mai, im sure you can swing slighlty more for something better, maybe fallkniven, maybe ESEE... pick your posion
>>
>>946663
Should I get the F1 for my main knife instead of the S1? I don't do much bushcrafting and already have an axe. Or should I just go prolemode and get a mora?
>>
>>948836
If you are going to bring an axe and a saw, the F1 would be able to handle the small work. If you only want to bring one wood processing tool, the A1 can be carried in the place of an axe, saw, and a small knife. I dont own one but I think the S1 is sort of a weird middle size that doesnt seem practical, just my thoughts
>>
File: Cold Steel San Mia Recon Tanto.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Cold Steel San Mia Recon Tanto.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>944111
I actually own a San Mia Recon Tanto (pic related) which is about the same knife as the SRK but in a tacticool sharp. I love it, the VG-1 maybe a little hard to sharpen though if you are not well versed in sharpening. I highly recommend the 3V variant, they were not around when I got mine, 3V is an AMAZING steel.

>>944343
Yeah want to see your evidence for this... I own many Cold Steels and only was really displeased by a really cheap one.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.