[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

knife 4 poorfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 15

File: 53rU9q9k1yY.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
53rU9q9k1yY.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Poorfag /out/ist here, /out/ what do you think about Mora Robust? I watched a video from DBK. Is it that good?
>>
your knife should be the first thing you splurge on
>>
>>943257
Its a meme knife
>>
>>943257
should be good but the basic companion is way more robustly built than you need.
>>
File: mora-2.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
mora-2.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>943257
>Is it that good?
It is better than you'll probably ever need. Now if you're a retarded cunt that feels the need to have a knife with at least 9in so you can chop down trees and feel like a commando or someone that you'll fight bears and wolves it will performance short.

>pic related is mine
It's there poorfagness as poorfag can be and yet it does the job pretty well, but then again I only use it for food and small kindling.
>>
>>943260
lol, no
>>
>>943284
Pussy. A custom designer bushcraft knife is the most important! When your cheap tent falls apart innawoods, you can just grab your $350 Alfie Grylls Limited knoife and build a shelter!
>>
>>943273
How the fuck can you talk shit about big knives when you bought the 'heavy duty' Mora.
>>
>>943290
>standard 2mm thickness
>heavy duty
nigger git gud. The knife in op's photo is 3.2mm, that's the one who is heavy duty.
>>
>>943257

Mora Companion (stainless) is what I recommend; it doesn't have a 90 degree spine, so fire steel won't work.

It's fine for everything else, though.
>>
>>943273
OP here. I'm not going to chop down trees or kill bears. I just picked it for 2 main reasons: price and sturdiness. In Ukraine (where I live) it costs only 265 - 500 grivnas ( 10 - 20 $). And as poorfag I am, i just wanted it to durable.
>>
>>943301
then you did good anon. btw how's the social climate there for going /out/ right now?
>>
>>943305
It's pretty good, everything is quite and calm, despite stupid winter that everyone is fed up with.
>>
>>943257
m8 just get a companion or if you want my personal favourite knife a 711. Don't get me wrong, they're not beautiful or anything, but when you want to get a super pretty knife in the future you can splurge then, until then I'd rather spend 30 euro on 3 711's than 50 euro on one knife.
>>
>>943316
Robust costs 10-20$ in my country
>>
>>943316
Then go for it man, if that's what you want, I don't know enough about the robust in general to make much of a call, what's the blade thickness? I mean, if it's the same as a 711 or companion I'd still go with one of those.

Honestly most probably would go with the companion I just keep saying 711 because it's the most comfortable one to me.
>>
>>943323
https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKlcBpKbAvM
>>
>>943327
Well, now I want one.
>>
>>943327
Who the fuck are these clowns?

I'd get a companion because I like the handle shape better. If you're stabbing like the retard in the video, that finger guard might be a plus instead of a minus though.
>>
for the eurofags

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/sika-130-grip-fixed-knife-id_8377031.html
>>
>>943433
Is it any good?
There's also a 90mm version.
>>
>>943433
I saw this yesterday, I'm actually pretty tempted.
>>
>>943445
If you are looking for a fixed blade full tang, it might be best in the price range (maybe the only one in the price range), you have revieww on youtube if you understand french or Spanish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30IO1iQPTm8 , of course for the price it's Chinese steel.

Avoid the folding from this brand, the lock mechanism is shit.
>>
>>943264
>>943257
no, it's a good knoife can confirm (pic related).
It's thick, comes pretty sharp and will be a good starter knife.

However it is terribly shorter than I though it would be. You can get the same thickness and a much better length with the Mora Heavy Companion.
https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Companion-Heavy-Carbon-4-1-Inch/dp/B00EF2RX2C
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>943474
I forgot the fucking pic
>>
>>943257
I dunno mate, but I'm thinking about getting either the Fallkniven S1 or F1 and using it until I can't sharpen it anymore or it falls apart. Any of you fags have it?
>>
>>943301

Mora Robust would be fine.

I only use Mora Companions when /out/, but the Robust looks like the same thing for all intents.

I've got a Becker BK2, and I don't use it. The Mora is better.
>>
>>943657

I have a F1

It's a good knife, albeit expensive for what you get practically.

A basic Mora does the same thing, and something like a Mora Bushcraft is a lot better (dat grip).
>>
>>943257
looks like a hultafors grovkniv with a nice handle
>>
>>943293
I didn't bother opening your dumb photo and I don't keep up with Mora's new meme knives either.

I have the Clipper which is 2mm and it's way too thick for what it's supposed to be. Almost unusable
>>
I highly suggest going on knifecenter.com and looking at what Schrade have made. They're some fine, robust knives, and comes at a $30 price mark.

I'm loving my F26.
>>
>>943722
>I didn't bother opening your dumb photo
Oh ok, you just wanted to shitpost. It's fine.
>>
File: 28630237.gif (1B, 486x500px)
28630237.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>943257
save up one month more and get a real knoife

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mora+kansbol&_sop=15
>>
It seems that many people here buy mora knives and it seems I can get them in my country.
What are cheapest knives that would work for general outdoors stuff (sharpening a stick, cutting smalelr stuff, stabbing the shit out of the boars ect.)?
The cheapest I see in webshop is Mora Craftline Q 511 for about $5.
>>
I'm about to buy the mora heavy duty, for camping and stuff, i had the Clipper, and wanted some thing bigger and thicker
>>
>>943257
I have a mora companion and it's never done me wrong, and is quiet light
some of the other moras are perhaps stronger, but a rats tail really makes it moot

you just have to remember to use your knife for things a knife is meant for
too much of this "use your knife for everything" rubbish going around

If you plan on fighting bears, using a knife in place of a machete/hatchet/spade then it's not for you
>>
>>943775
Get a SOG instead, Moras are memetrash
>>
>>944076
Are pocket knives good enough? Those are cheapiest, plus I don't have to get a sheath.
>>
>>944194
>Are pocket knives good enough?
no.

alos MOORA rocks. he's mad about them because these knifes are not made in trumpistan.
>>
>>943257
Get pic related.
>>
>>943301
You did good. I personally prefer Hultafors tho. Same price, better handle because rubber inlays. I think mine is a HVGK or something like that. Black/orange for proper visibility.
>>
File: 1481857849188.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1481857849188.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>943700
Glorious Hultafors masterrace detected.
>>
>>943775
I have one will likely continue to use this knife for work. I like it andam sad that they have gone out of production for my country. The basic 511 has a better sheath for general carry
>>
File: 20170205_165745.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170205_165745.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>943257
Doesn't really matter. Any of the Moras will last you a lifetime unless you horrifically abuse them. You might want to make a sheath for them though because honestly the plastic sheaths aren't very secure for moving around in the bush.

Should to baton with a stick-tang knife? No.

Do you even need to baton with a knoife though? No.

inb4 all-in-one tool memesters up to trouble

I changed my mora into a convex scandi grind. Sheath I made quick and dirty, never dyed it, just eye-balled measurements, etc. (and experimented with stamping hence ugly patterns) but I ended up liking it so much that I never made a really nice one to replace it.
>>
File: 20170205_165759.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170205_165759.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>945072
>>
>>943301
Hey whats up with Ukraine? I totally forgot about the war or whatever it was there. The news here in Canada pretty much ignores the whole thing.
>>
>>943273

I have fun chopping trees don't with a blade that big. I won't use a knife for animals, I carry a hi power rifle for that. Plus I use the bigger blade as a draw knife for wood projects.
>>
>>943739
I'm on phone. Not wasting my internets on a picture of a Mora.
>>
>>945076

Stressful situation in the whole country, war on East. Nothing really new.
>>
Came here to shill for Mora Companion.
>>
I just ordered the mora bushcraft
>>
just get the companion and spend the rest on a shotgun/ammo or a decent tent that doesn't weigh 8000 pounds
>>
>>946206
Polack here, see you in Bieszczady my friend.
>>
>>943257
I own this exact knife and a few that cost 10x the amount, if I could only take one it would be my mora. Great knives and completely replaceable if need be
>>
I was stuck between the Robust or the companion, and I went with the companion for two reasons.
1.) Same blade thickness but longer blade
2.) Better handle for outdoors use (In my opinion of course.)

The Robust would be better suited for use in a tool belt. It's near-indestructibility at it's price point is freaking awesome, but its blade is just too short for outdoorsy tasks.

But DESU bro they're ~$14 on amazon, so even if you regret it you can pick up the second and have two rad knives for <$30. Any Mora you pick will do it's job well enough They're all made well, just a little differently
>>
>>948605
>Robust or the companion
>1.) Same blade thickness

No they're not.
The companion heavy duty has the same thickness (3.2mm), the normal companion is 2.5mm.
>>
>>943285
You are a retard.
>>
>>943296
>files and grinders don't exist

Checkmate Ludite
>>
>>948638
I just realized I bought the wrong companion :(
>>
>>945116
>I won't use a knife for animals
That line right there shows you neither camp, nor hunt. I'm sure it's really easy and efficient to skin an animal by shooting its pelt off you mouth breathing mongoloid.
>>
>>945074
>>945072
nice sheath anon
>>
>>943433

>5Cr15

all I needed to know.

It'd be much better without that stupid choil, also.
>>
Just get a mora clipper, or the companion i think they call it now.

£12 (£15 in stainless) and a solid knife. All of the expensive Moras have no real advantages over the basic models. The clipper has a rubber grip to the handle, which is an advantage over the cheaper fully plastic handles of the cheaper models, but the blade shape and steel are identical for all practical purposes.
>>
>>943257
Excellent knife, OP. I haven't tried the Heavy Companion yet, but I prefer the Robust to the normal Companion. $14, sharp out the box, handles like a dream (pun intended), and holds an edge incredibly well for the price. I've used it to delimb, shape, and carve a dozen hardwood walking sticks. The only thing I've had to do is a few passes on a strop. I'm wondering what it will take to dull it to the point that I actually have to get a stone out.

Got a Pro S to go with it for food prep. More nimble than the Robust because of the thinner blade, but less versatile. Looking forward to narrowing the bevel a bit to make it a better slicer.
>>
>>949835
I'd still say the kansbol is better - better ergos, lanyard hole, better sheath and retention, thinner front half of the blade. It's a few yuros extra compared to the classic, but well worth it.

or you can get one of the wood handle classics, which should be around the same price as the companion.

Heavy duty moras are a bit silly - much better to get a 2-2.5mm spine, than 3.2mm.
>>
File: USAUSAUSA.jpg (534KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
USAUSAUSA.jpg
534KB, 940x545px
Any knife advice for someone who is not a poorfag and wants something USA made. I'm looking for a quality knife, for general camp use, that will last me for years to come.
>>
>>950646
Check out the Schrade schf42 (recurve) and schf42d (non-recurve)
>>
File: TheWall_143Pyxurz.jpg (131KB, 1600x1037px) Image search: [Google]
TheWall_143Pyxurz.jpg
131KB, 1600x1037px
>>950648
>USA made
>Schrade
I've got some bad news for you, sunshine
>>
>>950648

bwahahahahahahaha

oh, wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder.

>>950646
depends on your budget.
Off the top of my head, I'd recommend something like an LT Wright Bushcrafter, Genesis, Camp MUK, Bark River Bravo, something from Battle Horse Knives, Esee 3HM, ESEE camp lore line, something like that.
>>
>>950650
Most of the profits go to an American company
>>
>>944838
please change the file name to

Hitler Jugend

Jugend not jugden
>>
>>950933
>please change the file name to
>Hitler Jugend
>Jugend not jugden
its still gay
>>
>>945433
>being poor
>>
File: 1463165564222.jpg (143KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
1463165564222.jpg
143KB, 600x473px
>>950993
Nothing gayer than having something that shows you have excelled in your exams and aiding your community.
You're just mad because you can't afford one.
>>
>>944838
>>952619

If you don't care about the swastika, that model is still made, and it's got a pretty decent blade geometry to be used as a scout knife.
>>
>>950646
Old Hockory butcher
>>
>>943257
moras are great for their price. they're a fine knife. if you're looking to pay for other people's approval and feel it's worth another 60$ for people to not judge you, remember that the morafags think you're stupid so you avoided nothing of value

why do we have these threads? they only serve for people with strong opinions to fling shit. just buy what you like and use what you like. it's retarded to do anything else
>>
File: trump mtech.jpg (113KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trump mtech.jpg
113KB, 1000x1000px
>>950646
there you go
>>
File: 1353332358706.jpg (81KB, 350x574px) Image search: [Google]
1353332358706.jpg
81KB, 350x574px
>>953044
>>
>>943257
I've owned a mora HD companion for about six months. I've used it to baton with, just to see if it could take it, and it took it and shrugged it off. For how inexpensive Mora knives for how good they are, you can't go wrong with one, unless you have the off chance of getting a defect in the whole batch. Buy it, enjoy it, and be happy anon, Happy /out/ing!
>>
>>952860
Also this.
>>
>>943257
I've got a couple Robusts in carbon. It's like any other mora. Can't be beat for the price. I paid $15 each.

The sheaths are better than the useless ones on the $10 moras. I've had to modify mine slightly by heating the plastic and bending a bit to get a good positive lock on the knife. On the cheapest ones, just chunk the sheath and make your own from scratch or modify some other sheath (leather Rapala fillet knife sheaths modify well for the wood handled moras.
>>
>>943452
They're not full tang. Never had a problem with lose or broken handles. I've never hammered mine with a stick though.
>>
>>943452
Apologies. Thought you were talking about the robust. Reread, saw the word "Chinese", and knew I fucked up.
>>
If you can spend 25-35 dollarydoos, check out mountaintoptradingco.com

You'd be hard pressed to find another knife with a 1/16'' spine and 1095 steel this side of customs, and nowhere near that price.
>>
File: 20170221_125146.jpg (696KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170221_125146.jpg
696KB, 2048x1152px
>>943257
Fugoff Richfags. Not missing this chance to post my Swedes.

The grey handles are the old style Robust.

H.J. Epstein sells black or tan leather sheaths that fits most all Moras without the big choils for like $6. They also sell Moras, Opinel and some other Euro shit I've never heard of. They mainly sell hand tools and have some neat stuff you don't see at home depot or lowe's. Not shilling, but they're pretty cool guys. They will draw shit all over your package with sharpies, like flowers, so that your wife doesn't think you're buying more tools. Just ask.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.