[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for those of you that live off grid, what toilet setup do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: haha poop.jpg (380KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
haha poop.jpg
380KB, 683x1024px
for those of you that live off grid, what toilet setup do you have? outhouse, composting toilet, incinerating toilet, or septic? getting a septic tank installed sounds really pricey especially if you live in a remote area.
>>
P O O I N L O O
O
O
I
N
L
O
O
>>
>>942873
I try and stay close to rivers
>>
buckets, peat moss, and a compost bin
>>
>>942876
that's why im asking this question. i want to live off grid and have a safe way to poo in loo without expensive septic system installation.
>>
>>942873
Make sure to check local codes. It may influence your decision.
>>
in a real off-the grid sitch you're gonna need to dig an outhouse latrine. you can't be dealing with composting your piss and schidt throughout all the seasons and you certainly can't be incinerating as a permanent solution. No no you'll need to dig a latrine, and probably have to move it every couple years too.

Or try and stay close to rivers
>>
>>942873
My brother lives off the grid and they have 1 house with a shitty septic system they built themselves and then some chemical outhouses.
>>
>>942914
>can't be dealing

To compost you need:

5 gallon bucket
Saw dust / equivalent
Straw / dead leaves

It's pretty simple, actually.
>>
>>942928
in winter it freezes and it gets stinky and it's a pain in the dick. i say pee in a hole m80.
>>
>>942873
House 1: Septic tank with leech field. It has had 2 problems in about 35 years. Once it needed to be pumped and once one of the pipes leading to it needed to be replaced because it wasn't Schedule 40 and had collapsed.

House 2: biomethane digestor. It makes methane gas for cooking and heating and high nitrogen fertilizer for the farm.
>>
>>942938
It freezes in the house? I mean, you can always change out the bucket in your CT, cap it and wait until spring to add to the compost bin.

You lost me somewhere.

Also:
>running outside in -30f with 3 feet of snow to take a shit

Fuck that.
>>
>3 years
>out house 24/7
>piss anywhere on 40 acres
>shit in ahitter
>snow on seat
>hot as fuck

>1st building on property
>no door, best views

I love my one holer!
>>
>>942943
leech field? leeches like the animal?
>>
SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
Our cabin has just a hole in the ground, wood stove ash in a bucket, and biodegradable wet wipes. The trick is that there is actually a science to building the outhouse with ventilation and getting the smell and gas out
>>
>>942873
SOME
>>
I shit in a stream by my property
>>
>>944610
that doesn't sound like a good idea
>>
>>943341
Pretty sure anon means leach as in the 'to leach'
>>
>>944756
It works great, you are just a miserable envirotard
>>
>>942873
I like to shit in ziplock bags and then put them in rivers
>>
>>942873
Pee and poo around your basement to scare away Skeletons.
>>
>>942943
>he eats food cooked on poo air

holy fuck that's disgusting
>>
>>944560
Is there really a science to leaving the lid down and putting in a vent pipe? I mean they figured out how to do it in porta-shitters.
>>
>>942873
>or those of you that live off grid
>off grid
>thinking they are on 4chang
>thinking they have electrojuice
>>
>>947073
Fucking kek. No clue why this got me
>>
>>947843
>what is satellite internet
>>
>>947843
>what is 4G smart phone
>>
>>947091
>I mean they figured out how to do it in porta-shitters.

I wish. Those things fucking stink.
>>
>>947965
>stink
When under maintained.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.