[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody on /out/ ever move away from home to pursue your love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 20161115_160612.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_160612.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Anybody on /out/ ever move away from home to pursue your love for all things /out/?

I'm 21 years of age, living in Lincoln Nebraska. I have a good job and good friends. I love my family and I would hate to leave them, but it's long been my dream to move to Wyoming. Nebraska is probably one of the worst /out/ states in the US, I need to get lost in the mountains, I need to be able to drive a few miles and be in the middle of nowhere.

Have you ever left home to find something that you love? How did it pan out?
>>
>>941943
If anyone did that, do you think they would be posting on a vietnam knitting board? No brah. Theyre out living (or dying) in the wild.
Go if you must. But don't expect any legit answers here.
>>
>>941943
It pans out for some but not for others. I can tell you this though, jos you don't follow sinun dreams, you nouslee yli likely regret se. However, the kolmen ensimmäisen kuukauden ovat karkeita tällaista muutosta.
>>
>>941943
There was that one lad in the wicklow mountains in ireland but since he's innawoods he doesn't talk. that or he died. it's 50/50
>>
>>941943
Don't stay in that shitty place for the rest of your life if you don't want to. Fuck that. I moved across the country away from my jobs and friends and shitty weather and a boring town and I haven't looked back. You will meet new people. You will find a new job. Especially considering you live in Lincoln, NE, I say you should GTFO.
>>
>>941943
Sam Larson? Is that you?

Alone plz go.
>>
>>941943
Wyoming fag here, where are you thinking about moving?
>>
>>941943
I am from Germany and in pursuit of my dream I will leave my town, family and friends behind and move to Canada.

Right now there is still paperwork that needs to be done, but I will probably move in April or early May.

Im 21 btw
>>
Wyoming is shit, nove to montana. Lincoln isnt that bad man at least youre not in kearny or grand island
>>
>>943204
Why not Alaska?
>>
>>943108
I was considering Rawlins. I currently work for my States DOC and Rawlins is home to the Wyoming State Penitentiary, it'd be easy for me to get a job there and excel. I know Rawlins isn't exactly in the best place for /out/ stuff in Wyoming, but it's better than having to drive four hours west just to see some varied terrain.
>>
>>943213
MT > AK
>>
>>943230
That sounds like shit. Why the fuck do you work for the DOC
>>
>>943239
yea but why

>>943240
niggaz need jobs, fuck you being so hostile for? What are you a plastic surgeon/underpants model?
>>
>>943239
How come? Thinking of trying to move there.
>>
>>943230
I live a couple hours East of Rawlins. If you lived there you'd be about an hour from Medicine Bow National Forest, but if you commuted half an hour to the prison you could live half an hour closer to the forest and mountains. Another anon suggested Montana, which might be a good choice too. As long as you don't mind the lack of people (sounds like that's your main reason for moving), either state is fine. I moved here for the same reason but the isolation does get to me, so be aware of that.
>>
>>943243
>plastic surgeon/underpants model
Rocket Surgeon akchually. I moonlight as a brain scientist.
>>
>>943255
>but the isolation does get to me, so be aware of that.

Could you elaborate on this a bit?

I am naturally a loner, and feel like my personality would fit in a rural setting...but I worry that it might be a complete culture shock coming from a big major city.
>>
>>943454
Needing alone time in your comfy house with a grocery store at the end of the corner is completely different from not knowing anyone for 500 miles, and not being around anyone for 20+. Being separated by a sheet of canvass from the rest of the world is pretty spooky.
>>
>>943457
Is it not having anyone to talk with that bothers you?

What goes through your head that makes it spooky?

Why don't you go back to a more populated society? What keeps you there?
>>
>>942706
Home is where the heart is
>>
>>943527
Would have been funny and less gay if you said home is where you make it.
>>
>>943454
Don't know why someone else replied to that, but I moved from a fair sized city thinking that being in a small town would be a lot better. The culture here feels a lot more insular than other places. People are friendly once you start talking to them, but people just don't talk to each other as much; everyone seems to do their own thing here. I'm assuming that's why people choose to live here for the most part. There's nothing spooky about where I live (one of the "larger" towns in this state), but I really only talk to my coworkers and a few people at the grocery store most weeks. I was kind of forced out of the last city I lived in by insane cost of living, and now I work here. Might move again next year, but I'm not sure. If anything, I'd say try before you buy, meaning rent a place for a year or so if you can get a job in DOC. Might be tricky if they expect you to stay longer, but it's your life. Arizona , Montana, and Oregon also have tons of /out/ stuff and have rural areas you can look into. Utah and Idaho are nice too if you don't mind Mormons.
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>943527
>>943532
Home is where doge is.
>>
>>943244
Because AK is a garbage heap full of blown-out trailer-dwelling rednecks where the air smells of rotting fish and dryer lint, just like LA. MT is full of awesome vista and plenty of space, and if you manage to find land there, it is rather awesome.
>>
>>943611
>and if you manage to find land there,
What does that mean?
>>
>>941943
i moved to portland, oregon from lansing michigan when i was your age. that was 1997 and im still here. its worked out great. ive traveled alot since but still end up back here. cities are cities, and with the advent of the internet, its harder for one city to remain the capital of any kind of intellectual capital. but topography and oceans, those are unique. id totally split if you aren't happy in lincoln. you can always go home but you probably wont. once you get the bug, you'll always be a traveler.
>>
>>943629
>portland, oregon
Shouldn't you be out killing PIGS and fighting the MAN, man? Drumpf, am I right?
>>
>>943633
no i dont give a fuck about donald trump. democrats have done more to ruin the state of urban america than the last 4 republican presidents combined. im like rocket racoon, aint nobody like me but me. that said, im no extraordinary ally of our current administration but sjw's can also suck a huge dick. besides, i dont have time to protest, i have a job. all those other fuckers are out of town punks and hippies from the midwest who got to portland too late, thinking they could work at a cafe while they write their book and pay 400 dollar rent.ahahahah, no...
>>
>>943633
that being said, ill take whiny, white liberals over, over priced east coast mega ghettos anyday. crippling urban violence is not something ill put up with.
>>
>>942569

What the fuck happened here? Was it too much bath salts or did you suddenly become Swedish?
>>
>>943239
ID > MT > AK
>>
File: Tri_corner_knob.jpg (2MB, 1800x1215px) Image search: [Google]
Tri_corner_knob.jpg
2MB, 1800x1215px
>>943664
Please tell us your reasons why ID is better than MT and AK.

I understand these are personal opinions, but make some arguments to support it.
>>
at 21 you need to be working a job or in university. Do not fuck around with your early start up years like a hippie thinking it will compound your life trajectory
>>
>>943675
I made 60k last year working at the Nebraska State Penitentiary. I'm doing just fine for 21.
>>
>>943255
This is helpful.

Thanks.
>>
>>943240
The DOC isn't that bad, I make good money.

Wyoming DOC > NE DOC anyway.
>>
>>942569
nice
>>
>>942024
this post spiritually moved me. Thank you stranger on the internet.
>>
>>943587
>Intense fear of mormons
fuck Utah mannnn
>>
>>943645
wtf i want an answer
>>
>>943197
you got a green card or something?
>>
>>943947
>class traitor
I wouldn't be so sure
>>
>>944525
Liberal baby detected,

I'm happy to be a class traitor if your class belongs to murderers, rapists and child molesters.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.