[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, has the survivalist/bushcraft thing gone out of style yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: usefultipforsurvival.png (352KB, 709x566px) Image search: [Google]
usefultipforsurvival.png
352KB, 709x566px
So, has the survivalist/bushcraft thing gone out of style yet? What about old-timey gear like wool blanket and leather backpacks?

Just checking in
>>
bushcraft is the not a counter cultrure you shortsighted millenial, it is the foundation, bright colloured plastic clothes is the fad
>>
>>940731
lol, slavery an' dying of preventable illnesses are the FOUNDATION.
>>
>>940731
i mean, i get it - you're going to be out there alone whittling potstands for 3 hours after i've already set up my camp and ran down to the lake for a nice dip
>>
>>940789
i know yuor baiting, but i honestly hope you dont thing it takes 4 houras to carve a tent stake
>>
>>940752
>knowing how to utilize nature for shelter, food, water, heat and comfort is "slavery" and "illness"

Topfuckingkek
>>
>>940727
No
My LARP group still does a bushcrafting event every year where we cosplay survivalists like we see on TV
We have been doing this since the late 90s, when bushcrafting got popular because of TV
But don't call it a fad
>>
>>940727
Knowing survival skills isn't a fad. I try to keep up on a few since I could get lost fishing and hunting.
The problem is the LARPers who want to live it every weekend.
>>
>>940909
So, since it's LARPing, do you guys drink piss or do you just bring lemonade and pretend it's piss?
>>
>>940727
>stuff with leaves

What about the spiders?
>>
File: 1485727861102.png (344KB, 709x566px) Image search: [Google]
1485727861102.png
344KB, 709x566px
>>940975
>>
>>940975
Not everyone lives in fucking Australia
>>
>>940727
You'd probly most likely need it when it's wet out/snow covered. Have fun finding dry leaves or "newspapers" for ur "Warm Emergency Parka"
>>
>>940727
>What about old-timey gear like wool blanket and leather backpacks?
Way light and arguably better alternatives gear exist.
If you deliberately take the 'cool' option over the functional one when going out you are LARPING, not /out/ing.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>940980
>>
>>940980
kek
>>
>>941962
prefill those "pockets" with uninflated balloons and such, fill when needed/deflate when not. Or just get a decent shell jacket and have one of those tiny air-inflated "poofer" jackets. Bonus of layers and redundancy.
>>
>>940727
bushcraft will never go out of style, but i think the fad of bushcraft in the sense of some cunt buying a $600 pack, $500 smock, $1000 knife and loads of other expensive equipment is quickly going out of style
>>
So are wool blankets really inferior? I already have one at home so I thought I could just pick up another and be set. Should I really just go for a sleeping bag? Its not like these wool blankets are exactly cheap.
>>
>>942708
w2c $500 smock?
>>
>>940980
I fucking love it
>>
>>940727
>stuff this windbreaker with leaves and it gets warm
Hate to break it to ya...but that's literally any jacket, hell, a trash bag works for that.
>>
>>942774
they're itchy, heavy for the insulation and provide no real padding, but they retain some/most of their insulation when wet.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.