[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Escape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1437517586893.jpg (96KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1437517586893.jpg
96KB, 900x506px
I have hit a point in my life where I just want to experience the great /out/doors and conquer nature.

I have enlisted some life long companions and we have decided to journey 130 miles in 7 days through the wilderness to the very top of a mountain. We will walk the entire way and camp out during the night. I am incharge of the pre-adventure planning so I figured that /out/ should be the first place I stop to ask for tips and gear recommendations.

I have never camped more than a day in my life, but for some reason I feel a fire in my soul that compels me to take on this challenge. Something inside just makes me want to push myself and try to fight nature.
>>
>>940038
>mora
>space blanket
>slim jims

First time? Above is all you need for several days, you'll be fine.
>>
>fight nature

lol. Nature is not an entity. It doesn't give a shit if you are on top of a mountain or not. You can't 'conquer' it. Are you really going to take a week long hike as your first outing? Assuming this isn't just bait, you have a lot to learn.
>>
>>940061
Taken a few trips out before, but never to this extent.

Nature may not care, but I do. Tired of the city and being at home, just want the outdoors as far away from the sprawl as possible.
>>
>>940071
Good, get that stupid millennial 'conquer nature' shit out of your head. Just get out and take a fucking walk dude. Start integrating it into your habits. Build up fitness, knowledge and equipment. Take longer and longer hikes and just see what there is out there within a couple of day's drive. THEN if you actually enjoy it for what it is (and not some idealised fantasy you're cooking up stuck in the city) start thinking about taking a week long hike. Enjoy yourself man :)
>>
>>940038

So you're having a mid-life crisis. Just buy a car, dad.
>>
File: Ultralight.jpg (141KB, 1147x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ultralight.jpg
141KB, 1147x600px
>>940038
Above all else plan a good route. If I were planning this trip I'd choose a route where you can shorten it if you need to or bail out to a road and hitchike easily back to your car. Look online for highly recommended hikes in your area, ones that a lot of people do and choose from those.

I'd reconsider the 18mi a day itinerary and go with something shorter. If y'all are in good shape and VERY driven, this might be feasible but not enjoyable. I'm not saying its a bad distance for hiking, but if you're green start of with something more realistic.

No matter what you do, there's a learning curve. You'll probly pack too heavy, won't know how to pack your pack efficiently, have to break your boots in to your feet and vice versa. If you don't pack heavy enough, you'll be uncomfortable and drained because you're not resting or eating well.

I have confidence that you'll be able to make it, and have fun while you're doing it. Just be easy about it and don't go too hard on yourself.
>>
File: 1457829876004.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457829876004.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>940080
DO NOT HAVE ADVENTURE.
ADVENTURE IS JUST A DREAM.
STAY WHERE YOU ARE.
TAKE IT SLOW.
STAY SAFE.
CONTINUE TO WORK.
EVENTUALLY YOU WILL FORGET THE LEAVES AND THE SKY.
AND RETURN TO YOUR DESK.
WE ARE COMPLACENCY.
WE ARE DEATH.
>>
>>940038
>conquer nature.
Stay at home asshole
And lurk more before starting shitty threads like this
>>
>>940038
>conquer nature
>fight nature

Even though this is clearly bait, you're stupid.

Nature isn't something to conquered you ignorant normie. If you have this attitude, I can't image you'll appreciate or respect it and you'll be just another dick-weed who thinks the wilderness exists for his amusement alone and treats it accordingly. Nature is neither for or against you, it doesn't care. You don't deserve to experience nature.
>>
>>941172

>Nature isn't something to conquered you ignorant normie

Nu-male detected
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.