[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: ted.jpg (35KB, 306x448px) Image search: [Google]
ted.jpg
35KB, 306x448px
What does /out/ think of this great man?
>>
"The best place, to me, was the largest remnant of this plateau that dates from the tertiary age. It's kind of rolling country, not flat, and when you get to the edge of it you find these ravines that cut very steeply in to cliff-like drop-offs and there was even a waterfall there. It was about a two days hike from my cabin. That was the best spot until the summer of 1983. That summer there were too many people around my cabin so I decided I needed some peace. I went back to the plateau and when I got there I found they had put a road right through the middle of it" His voice trails off; he pauses, then continues, "You just can't imagine how upset I was. It was from that point on I decided that, rather than trying to acquire further wilderness skills, I would work on getting back at the system. Revenge.
https://web.archive.org/web/20090318135703/http://www.insurgentdesire.org.uk/tedk.htm
>>
>>939573
Not much, I guess.
>>
>>939573
>>939574
Have you read his manifesto? He definitely was and probably still is bonkers. However I agree with most of what he write about nature and how human civilization is destroying it.
>>
>>939573
I think he had a sad life because of being in that horrific military experiment. Years of directed psychological abuse that bad would fuck anyone up.
>>
>>939733
> not reading Rachel Carson's 'Silent Spring'

Try reading an author that actually had social impact.
>>
>>939897
I'd rather not.
>>
>>939897
It's very fucking weird way to recommend a book, but yeah I'll have a look, so thanks anon, I guess.
>>
>>939964
Read Ed Abbey instead.
He knows where the bear shit and what it ate.
>Rachel Carlson
SJW Aldo Leopold wannabe.
>>
If you ever go to Lincoln, Montana, you'll understand why he fit in so seamlessly
>>
>>939733
At least he has a sense of humor
http://archive.boston.com/metrodesk/2012/05/23/harvard-alumni-directory-contains-bizarre-entry-for-ted-kaczynski-the-unabomber/c0BFPYTlF48lDqdoU7ZnMK/story.html
>>
>>940001
Lel, indeed he has.
>>
>>939993
>Ed Abbey
Which works do you recommend specifically?

>>Rachel Carlson
>SJW Aldo Leopold wannabe.
I figured it after reading about her on wiki.
>>
>>939999
>damn digits
nigger, I believe you but develop that thought
>>
>>939573
He's living proof that with a PHD in Math you can do anything you want in life.
>>
>>940074
>get a PhD in math
>decide what you really want to do is bomb scientists
>>
>>939573

sane, genius, and pinpoints the problem perfectly

http://mataromorir.espivblogs.net/files/2015/01/Kaczynski-Technological-Slavery.pdf

his complete writings for those interested
>>
I don't think he is insane desu.

Read his manifesto. Try to refute it if you can, though you most likely cannot. He has (had) an IQ of 167 I believe, which is 67 points above the mean. Imagine talking to somebody with 33IQ, that is the difference between your average person and the UNABOMBER.

While he accurately diagnoses and describes the problems of modern society, I do have to feel sad whenever I read his "solutions", which ultimately lead to accepting that humanity is on a course of self-destruction.

Fits nicely into a fascist/trad/natsoc view, very much in line with Evola/Spengler/etc.

tl;dr 10/10 read manifesto and remove leftist + machine
>>
>>940267
>accurately diagnoses and describes the problems of modern society
Only ones describing destruction of nature. Power process is a neat concept, but it only one variable in wider picture.

>I do have to feel sad whenever I read his "solutions", which ultimately lead to accepting that humanity is on a course of self-destruction.
Same here.

>very much in line with Evola
Ted is much more extreme.

>remove leftist + machine
Agreed, but only with Ted's leftist definition, but still I thing he was and probably is insane. You can clearly say that he has paranoia and social anxiety from his writings.
>>
>>940012
>>939993

>not having DDT with your Wheaties

She changed the world as you never knew it, into what you live in now.

So yeah, SJW and an effective one. But why learn history? Especially about a woman?

Much more cozy to stroke off to your standard, /out/ approved idols.

Kids.
>>
>>940343
>he has paranoia and social anxiety
Ultimately irrelevant to the arguments he makes. A work stands apart from its author.
>>
>>940347
>stroke off to your standard, /out/ approved idols
>Rachel Carson is super different and edgy
Besides, shouldn't /out/ approved idols have more to do with the outdoors than just pointing out that poisons kill things?
>>
>>940074
>anything you want
Within the confines of a10' x 10' Super Max cell.

Nice hero worship you've got there.
>>
>>940349
>poisoning the outdoors

Where are you going with this?
>>
>>940356
Don't know what you're quoting there bucko, but it sure isn't my reply.
>>
>>940348
>A work stands apart from its author.
Unfortunately it's usually not the case. Because of paranoia he took his solutions to the extremes instead of working with his IQ to invent something more useful.
>>
>>940349
>>940356
>>940357
Although I am glad what Carson did, humans never should have used DDT and any pesticides in the first place. However trying to tell that DDT has been poisoning the outdoors is just stupid. They were polluting mostly agriculture fields, which were already fucked up outdoors. Fucked by humans ofc.
>>
>>940360
Caring about the person making an argument instead of the argument itself is pure cancer.
>>
>>940368
Not reading a post and replaying to it is pure cancer. I said here >>940343 that I agree with his arguments.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170129-050152.png (347KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170129-050152.png
347KB, 800x480px
>>940363
>>
>>940371
No reference at all and I'm assuming it's picture taken out of context. Great argument, anon.
>>
>>940377
Are you can't read the sign on the truck stupid?
>>
>>940405
Yeah I can. What I meant by no reference. Where, when and during what occasion has this been photographed? From just the picture I can tell you they are spreading (presumably) DDT on some football field as a presentation of new spreading machine.
>>
>>940405
Also, nice nice ad hominem argument here. You sure has strong arguments to provide.
>>
>>940408
Do you not understand how DDT impacted the environment? Sure it was applied to farm fields, but it ended up all over the place. Had its use not been curtailed there would likely be few to no raptors left in CONUS.

In any case just because Leopold did more good than Carson doesn't mean Carson did nothing good.
>>
>>940012
>Ed Abbey
Desert Solitaire.
>>
>>940347
Henry Ford did more to do with getting out than anybody else. But that's not what Opie was asking for, now was it?

Rachel Carlson may meet your criteria of a writer who had lasting social implications, but ITT, xe has as much relevance as Cicero, Dickens, or Stephen King.
>>
>>940435
OK, I agree with you. Thanks for making up my mind about this topic, but then like >>940467 said we quite derailed the OP question. Let's back to the main question.

I still hold what I have said earlier:
>>939733
>>940343
>>940360
>>
>>940461
Thanks, I will have a look.

>>940435
>>940405
You still didn't mark the source of the picture you posted here >>940371
>>
>>940069
Small mountain town that tends to attract antisocial backwoods types
>>
>>939573
Love him almost as much as Linkola
>>
>>940509
Your problem is expecting me to spoon feed you, typical.
>>
>>940670
And your problem is not having arguments in this conversation. I could reverse search that image, but I just don't mind. Also - get back on the topic.
>>
>>940408
im just looking at this pic and i can tell it is on a beach, in the 50's. appears to be an everyday happening type scene. just your regualar ddt spray at the beach in the 50's. thinning the bird eggs and what not.
>>
>>941108
And putting an end to malaria. Go back to third world shithole and stay drunk on gins and tonic.
>>
>>940509
Desert solitaire is alright but kind of cheesy, I recommend the monkey wrench gang, it's his most popular book. I love Ed abbey
>>
>>942465
Funny, I always felt Solitaire was the best. Monkey Wrench Gang is a classic, but way over the top. But that's the autist in me.

"Serpents of Paradise" is a Abbey sampler, good chapters, short stories. We are introduced to Henry Holyoak, Miz Abzug, Doc, Seldom Scene, and Ed himself.

>captcha: select all images with Mountains
>>
did nothing wrong
>>
>>940347
You're kinda new to this whole virtue signalling thing, aren't you? You have to be more subtle to be effective. Right now you're coming across like the tryhard who's desperately trying to fit in.
>>
>>939574
I'm not an emotional guy but my eyes watered up when I read that while I was reading through his writings.
>>
>>943535
The fuck you talking about? He mailed bombs to people who never did anything to him. That's approaching douche-bag prime territory.
>>
>>944199
>He mailed bombs to people who never did anything to him.
His targets actively promoted the continued expansion of industrial-technological society; a society that Ted - amongst others - perceived to be a gateway to border-crossing, worldwide enslavement of humanity. These scientists and ideologues were not passive spectators in the form of voters and consumers - they were the tip of the spear in the offensive against human liberty, led by state, corporate and personal interests.

They were guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the crimes ascribed to them.
>>
>>944203
>They were guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the crimes ascribed to them.

:^)

I didn't know they let you use the internet nowadays, Ted.
>>
>>944203
They were jews and freemasons, that's enough reason to kill someone for. Seriously, fuck kikes.
>>
does anyone know why there hasn't been an interview with Ted in prison yet? does he refuse to give them or is the prison barring him from them?

if it's neither, I seriously think that no "professionals" will interview him because he'd wipe the floor with them. it's easy to interview Charles Manson and broadcast it as "wow look at this fuckin lunatic!" but I feel like they'd get more than they bargained for with Ted.
>>
>>939573
The man who was /sci/, then /out/, and settled in /pol/ where he got in trouble.
>>
>>944241
He wrote two books in prison, one of which includes a series of letters. He gave one or two shorter interviews with greenies in the 1990s, one of which can be read at https://web.archive.org/web/20090318135703/http://www.insurgentdesire.org.uk/tedk.htm
>>
>>944241
There's an interview at the end of the book "Technological Slavery", which contains his collected writings, published after his arrest.
>>
File: 1484867015868.png (401KB, 552x498px) Image search: [Google]
1484867015868.png
401KB, 552x498px
>idolizing a pathetic beta manlet loser

lmaoing@ur life
>>
>>944724
>>944743
oh cool, thanks. I need to actually read Technological Slavery in full. I've read excerpts but it's been on my reading list for like two years now
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.