[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rockets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Spirit.jpg (18KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit.jpg
18KB, 500x495px
Launched a model rocket with my three year old daughter today. First launch since I was a kid. We had so much fun. Does this count as an outdoor activity? We live in a cold part of the U.S. so this seems like a good way to get outside for an hour or so for her age. Any tips for having fun with this hobby? Or am I on the wrong board.
>>
>>939310
>Does this count as an outdoor activity?
unless you shoot it into the woods and have to go several miles to find it, no
>>
>>939310
>>939312
Was it an activity?
Was it outside?

You people are not smart.
>>
>>939315
I think he means that typically we do not have model rocket threads here. I think they're cool but I think you'd find more people with similar interests on /toy/ or /sci/.
My AP Bio teacher some how convinced the city of New York to let him teach a private college class and for them to pay for model rockets which we shot at a supermarket,I mean the goal was to measure height by using a bunch of mathy crap but I was an English and history nerd not a math nerd so I just shot it at the super market. only experience I have OP. hope it helped... somehow.
>>
File: redneck-party-ideas-jucuzzi.jpg (47KB, 475x311px) Image search: [Google]
redneck-party-ideas-jucuzzi.jpg
47KB, 475x311px
>>939315
then technically doing anything after taking one foot outside is considered /out/
>>
>>939315
Ahem... yes, of course I knew it was an activity outdoors :) but I didn't know if this was the sort of thing that anyone would be interested in discussing on the board (although the description covers everything from gardening to mountaineering). It sounds like the verdict is out, but if this is not the place then is there a better board?
>>
>>939318
Thanks man, maybe I'll take it over there if nothing else picks up here. My interest is mostly about learning about the best places for shooting rockets, gear, weather, etc. not the math/science of rocketry though, hence why I started here.
>>
>>939318
Also, thanks for having a shred of intuition or maybe earnestness :)
>>
>>939319
That's right. That's why we have a gardening general.
>>
>>939323
Pretty straightforward, definitely don't shoot in wind unless intended. Depending on your area a club may exist for this, I've heard of them where I live. Honestly you're probably gonna get the best information of youtube on this topic, but have fun OP.
>>
What does your daughter look like? Is she cute?
>>
>>939310
Have you ever had a paternity test to make sure she is actually your daughter?
>>
File: IMG_2124.jpg (80KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2124.jpg
80KB, 1024x682px
>>939310
You're only a true sc/out/ if you start a forest fire with the model rocket
>>
>>939310
What the fuck is a three y/o going to get out of model rocketry?

I mean, she can't build them, can't paint them, can't setup the launcher.

All she can do is sit there and druel autistically, waiting for her titties to grow and get hair on her twinky.

But yes, model rocketry is /out/.
>>
>>939533
>Missles of October fuck off
>>
File: IMG_2126.jpg (872KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2126.jpg
872KB, 3264x2448px
>>939537
I forgot about that movie.
>October Sky
>tfw it is just "Rocket Boys" backwards!

Setting stuff on fire is sweet tho. Have you ever burnt down a Porta Potty? Good times.
>>
>>939344
Thanks!
>>
>>939535
You'd be surprised. Most of the steps are easy even for a kid (with help). But I understand many anons aren't allowed very close to children. Easy mistake I guess.
>>
>>939766
Wtf, it cant even speak, muchless read.

Buy the fucking thing a dolly and leave it in it's room for the next 15yrs, until it has the value and social worth of a breeder.
>>
>>939350
>>939527
These things.
>>
>>939766
I think a lot of this is that idiots like >>939769
thought glue was food and weren't allowed near sharp things. They don't realize that developmentally normal kids are capable of learning skills and completing tasks, and don't have to use the safety scissors their whole lives.
>>
>>939882
>implying girls aren't vapid idiots addicted to social media and gossip
>>
>>939890
says the guy wasting his life on 4chan
>>
>>939769
Fuck your couch, faggot. I was reading at three. Hell, by five I had read most of Tolkien. At the age of eight, I was assigned a college sophomore lit book because I'd already burned through the second grade "reading book" (aren't all books printed material and therefore "reading" books?) by the end of the first week. I'm sorry you're such a dullard, which is clearly a safe assumption to make, based on your low expectations of others.
>>
>>939535
>>939769
>>939890
My sister and I made model rockets many times as small children, girls are only dumb sluts if their parents raised them that way. We both could read by the age of 4, and then we read a lot for our entire childhoods. Did you just fall out of /r9k/?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.