[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making a campfire outside of a state camping spot is illegal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1471755826582.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
1471755826582.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
making a campfire outside of a state camping spot is illegal in my area, how far away from trails do I have to go to avoid being caught and how can i dissipate the smoke?
>>
>>938894
Use the driest wood you can and dig a Dakota fire hole to eliminate smoke. Walk off the trail until you can't see it anymore. Then go another 50 yards and you'll be good. It would help if you were down wind from the trail as well.
>>
>>938895
thank you
>>
If you want to go super stealth, sit in a bivy bag, light up an ethanol stove and sleep while your food cooks. make sure all the bag zips are shut. keep all that oxygen in!! Bring your dog too so it dosent get pepper sprayed or body slammed by a passer byer
>>
It's very unlikely that you'll get caught and even if you are it's not the end of the world. Just don't start a forest fire.
>>
>>938895
This is good advice but also keep in mind how distinct a fire smells. If someone is out looking for rogue campers they'll probably find them, just think how loud you can be doing the most mundane task.

OP, what state do you reside in? State parks have wildly different rules than National Parks and forests. As far as I know you can camp just about anywhere in a National space as long as your are 200 feet (or is it yards?) from the closest water source. Another thing to consider is talking to local officials about where to primitive camp; a lot of these folks are avid outdoorsmen just like us and understand the desire to get away from everyone else. Your mileage may vary with talking to officials, however.
>>
>>938894
>Austria
Fucking sexy mountain niggers.

>Tfw it's going full left
>>
>>938894
Jesus Christ those gun barrels have to be at least 30" long.
>>
>>939287
Can't be longer than 24", although this one is most likely a 20" standard size barrel.
>>
File: 4bR9ztG.gif (1MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
4bR9ztG.gif
1MB, 300x332px
they observe with satellites- thermal imagery- that is how they detect forest fires
>>
>>938894
>aug
diqq is diamonds
>>
An alcohol stove or a hobo stove would work if you just need fire to cook with.
>>
>>939061
>It's very unlikely that you'll get caught and even if you are it's not the end of the world.

I got caught. Had to go to court for "reckless burning" which the cop told me was like a $125 fine.

Went to court and the prosecutors had changed the charge to fucking arson! I ended up getting two years unsupervised probation.
>>
>>940213
Let me guess... State-provided attourney? You know the constitution gives you the right to COMPETENT legal representation, right?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.