[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghillie kettle or trangia set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-01-26-19-21-11.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-26-19-21-11.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Ghillie kettle or trangia set
>>
>>938473
Wut is that shit on the top left corner of your screen?

And these contraptions are goofy as fuck. How big is that thing and how much water does it actually boil? Cool idea but when you are trying to pack small and light it just seems like a quart stainless pan would be a better idea.
>>
File: sam.jpg (951KB, 2054x2513px)
sam.jpg
951KB, 2054x2513px
>>938486
>as if
>small and light
>why
>>
>>938486
I hadnt heard of the ghillie kettele until i saw the shit on how its made. I was wondering how good it is.
>>
>>938473

why not both?

https://youtu.be/Wg9bcZDJFc8
>>
>>938972
These stick stoves look so unnecessary complicated to use. I mean you can just have trangia with you or build small fire if really necessary, why bother carrying around all this stupid unnecessary things.
>>
>>939224

>These stick stoves look so unnecessary complicated to use

how so? it's 2 parts ( 3 if you inc the kettle cap which is chained to the body) you just light a fire in the bowl and away it goes.

I'll be honest I had always looked at the sideways until a fishing trip one damp autumn evening a few years back and a buddy of mine popped one out and made coffee for 4 of us with bits of cardboard we found lying around in about 7 or 8 minutes. The amount of fuel you don't go though is nuts- To get a litre of water on an open fire you'd need easily 10x as much fuel and a lot longer

It is what it is- a kettle, and in all honestly it gives my Jetboil a fair run for it's money when it comes to speed. You can use them to cook on to a point (I use the base of mine to contain a nice bed of embers to cook over - they don't spread and keep the heat focused)

If you want something to spend a lazy day fishing with burning any dry bits of well, anything you can find to get a boil on, pack one of these if you want a utilitarian stove needing dedicated fuel you have to bring with you look elsewhere
>>
kelly kettle makes nice ones.

get the stainless as it will last linger
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.