[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What water bottles do you peeps use? Is stainless steel the way to go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14

What water bottles do you peeps use? Is stainless steel the way to go?
>>
File: water-bottle.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
water-bottle.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>938395
>>
File: Water.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Water.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>938395
>>
>>938395
I use hydroflasks
I don't do any real hardcore /out/ing so I don't really need the most durable gear
>>
i use a thermos flask so my hot choccy stays hot
>>
>>938395
Application?

For daily use my go to is disposable bottles because I get them free from work. If I were to bring my own I would make an effort to find a good glass water bottle.

For day hikes I carry a kit built around a stainless Nalgene so I can boil water should I choose or need. It also goes with me on overnights.
>>
>>938417
Mostly for use around the house but also bike rides and long walks with my dog. I'm a bit concerned if a steel bottle will work on my bottle mount on my bike but stuff like the Mizu and Hydroflask has sport caps available so you can use them with one hand.
>>
>>938395

French steel canteen.
>>
>>938420
For your bike I would get a dedicated plastic reusable that fits your mount well as both weight and durability are factors. For around the house and walks try to find a nice glass bottle with a sleeve or something. You aren't in danger of breaking it and glass tastes better to drink out of.
>>
>>938424
i heard they bend under pressure and have a problem of getting random holes in them
>>
>>938452

The French kicked ass. Stop.
>>
>>938455
oh come on
i'm just teasing
>>
>>938395
I bought a stainless steel kleancanteen so I could take the lid off and rest it by the fire to melt snow in during winter instead of my cooking pot. For some reason the decided the bottle should be nice and think everywhere but the bottom. So the one place it takes the most abuse is the weakest and mine is all mangled and warped just from regular use.
>>
File: 1475719826514.png (1B, 486x500px)
1475719826514.png
1B, 486x500px
>>938399
>>938400
Fucking this.
I cant believe some of these clowns buy into this "outdoor" fad so hard they spend hard earned money on a god damn water container.
>>
>>938395
idk if hyrdoflask is a meme but I've had mine for over a year and it works great
>>
I'm scared of denting stainless so I just carry a plastic nalgene, I've thrown that guy 20 meters in the air onto rocks while hanging rope for making a bear hang and it only gets scuffs
>>
>>939341
I had a hydroflask that lost its vacuum seal. It had a lot of dents and shown some signs of hard use. Hydroflask replaced it for free.
LifetimeWarranty4Lyfe.

I mostly use it for the gym and around town though. For out I just use disposable bottles or my 40 Oz stainless depending.
>>
>>939342
Is dented stainless bottle unusable?
>>
>>939168
>For some reason the decided the bottle should be nice and think everywhere but the bottom.

Yow...?
>>
File: 20170128_101748.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
20170128_101748.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>939175
>2L MSR Dromidary = $40

Free.
>>
>>939625
>free
>inb4 had to buy the soda.

Yes, I bought the soda at the dollar store. But it came with a free water bottle.
>>
>>938395
only retards spend extra weight on a fucking metal water bottle.
>>
>>939637
Yeah. It's definitely retarded to have your water bottle serve multiple purposes and allow you to reduce the number of pieces in your overall kit. Increases your overall weight for sure.
>>
>>939637

My god you're retarded. It's clearly obvious you never get /out/ and you're prob one of those hipster faggots, closest you get to nature is going onto the roof to have smores with your other gay hipster friends.

Go kill yourself.
>>
>>938395
I have a $40 insulated water bottle that can hold ice up to 36 hours (until it's just a slurry of ice).

I then bring a 1l bottle of plastic water and pour it into the ice water to drink from there. It's really nice to have something to cool you down.
>>
>>939752
>serve multiple purposes

>Buy expensive vacuum-sealed insulated water bottle
>Can't use it for anything but storing liquid
>>
>>939824
>Stores hot liquids for a long time
>>All derivative benefits of access to a hot liquid on demand
>Stores cold liquids for a long time
>>All derivative benefits of access to a cold liquid on demand
Worth the 20 fucking dollars it takes to buy one imo
>>
>>939825
Unless you just go on day hikes every couple of months you're better off with an uninsulated one. At least then you can use it to boil water.
>>
>>939827
true
>>
>>939824
Who said anything about vacuum sealed? That's a thermos no matter how they try to market them these days. Bottles contain liquids. A thermos does the same but also regulates temperature.
>>
>>939863
Thermos is a BRAND NAME for a vacuum bottle. Learn to history, fag.
>>
>>939870
I bet you also unironically insist that people properly refer to adhesive bandages as such rather than just calling them BandAids like some kind of normie barbarian.
>>
>>939637
Vacuum containers stay cold for usually over 48 hours, if you cant see their benefit over plastic then blow me
>>
>>939870
Band Aid
Dumpster
Asprin
Advil
Tylenol
Bubble Wrap
Popsicle
C'mon, anon.
>>
>>938399
this guys knows
>>
>>939877
why do you need your liquid to stay cold (or warm for that matter)? the only time i run into issues with temp is if i'm doing winter camping and then the problem is solved by just keeping the bottles in your sleeping bag with you at night.
>>
>>939878
>Spa
>Kleenex
>Zerox

Fuck you anon.
>>
>>938400
These are by far the best for the money and weight. They're durable as fuck.
>>
What are some BPA free bottles, plastic or otherwise, that are durable enough that I could get it and use it regularly for the rest of my life? Military shit, etc.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
download (4).jpg
1B, 486x500px
Thinking 'bout picking up one of those lifestraw bottles so I don't have to carry a lifestraw and a canteen. What y'all anons think?
>>
>>941212
Water is the heaviest thing I carry, so I prefer a Camelbak to keep the weight closer to my center of gravity, other Anons swear by having something they can boil water in directly, I know a guy who hiked the whole PCT without filtering water at all and just carried it in plastic bottles. It's all just personal preference.
>>
I carry 2 plastic nalgenes. I much prefer them over a "free" plastic bottle for a few reasons;

>More durable
>Has increments for measuring out water on the side for dehydrated meals etc..
>Has a large opening for use with a filter
>Easy to measure 1 liter when using iodine/bleach tabs
>The dark colour helps with the effectiveness of above also.
>>
>>939168
i have an insulated klean kanteen and found that the decided the bottle be nice and think everywhere but the bottom for some reason.

but tbqh famalam i love my klean kanteen i use it every day and it has held up fucking great.
>>
>>941135
Practicality should always come first. Nalgene is easier to clean that just about anything, your typical bottle is going to require a brush. But unless you're planning on going out into the crush and never returning, changing out soda/dasani bottles every once in a while is actually a pretty good way to go, they're essentially free and PETE is largely harmless.
>>
>>941470
I'm just waiting to see how it holds up. It might be fine even if it gets giant dents all over the bottom but so far it doesn't look like it can take this for a year.
>>
>>939618
idk what yow is. I meant to say

>for some reason they decided the bottle should be nice and thick everywhere but the bottom
>>
>>941212
https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Personal-Water-Bottle-Filter/dp/B00CHRGCUQ

I'd prefer the Sawyer. Holds a full liter, plus you don't have to replace the filter.
>>
>>938452

They work very well on the run.
>>
>>941941
I use one as an-line on my dromedary, but I usually carry a bottle of water as well, it's nice to have a filter than can be used multiple different ways.
>>
>>941394
>increments
>1L

Welcome to a one liter freebee and a sharpie.

But keep paying more for the rest.
>>
>>939883
Warm coffee is good when fishing early mornings.
>>
>>941928
can you post a pic?
>>
>>942293

>pour a big thermos of shitty instant coffee with water boiled over the fire
>add several shots of whiskey
>light a cigar
>go fishing while relaxing and getting tipsy

I do this at least once per year
>>
>>942326
>shitty instant coffee

i dont know if you are a backpacker but check out Korean Maxim instant coffee sticks. i met this crazy vet camping one day and he brought back a wife and a bunch of that coffee. never met the wife but the coffee has been a game changer for me.
>>
>>942350
Right? Just imaging what the wife must have tasted like.
>>
Nobody /Nalgene/ here?
Got mine brand new at the goodwill for $0.50
>>
>>942416
That wasn't new, that was my old piss bottle.
>>
Why do children demand that everything they own be brand new? I guess social conditioning accounts for most of it but it's still cringey as hell
>>
>>938400
Don't fucking touch the water though, coca cola (the owner) have had SO MANY PROSECUTIONS on where their water comes from.

Smart water is basically electrocuted sewage water.
>>
>>942421
If there's any towns upriver from where you live, that's all your tap water is too.
>>
>>939827
Unless you go on day hikes every couple of months why would you boil water using your waterbottle?
>>
>>942421
Does it matter where it was originally from? Unless they're not passing potable water standards or violating environmental laws or something
>>
>>939342
Ive seen one of those "unbreakable" nalgenes shatter like it was made of glass.
Granted we did launch it out of a trebuchet
>>
Can you boil water in one of tbose vacumsealed stainless steel bottles?
>>
>>943208
would not recomend
>>
>>938395
mine
>>
>>943208
It would take forever and a lot of heat, if it came to a boil at all, because they're insulated, and probably ruin the thing.

I guess you could heat up pebbles and drop them in, that might work.
>>
>>943420
If this abomination dosnt scream "hipster" i dont know what does...
>>
File: IMG_4420.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_4420.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>943420
How does the polished look in person?

I went with the wide top so I can use it at work for coffee(which is where the pic is at). When I use it for the trials i put the other twist top on.

It's a pretty fucking solid bottle
>>
>>939175
>what is BPA
>>
Nalgene BPA free

/thread
>>
>>939175
>>943931

What is unnecessary trash? Both the bottle and poster
>>
File: 26392765.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
26392765.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>944279
this desu
>>
File: 01269595.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
01269595.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>944279
>>944282
>bpa free
enjoy bacteria+fungus
>>
>>944282
>#7 plastic
>>
>>942066
Underrated. I guess they can handle being dropped well?
>>
>>939637
>he doesn't boil his tea in his bottle
what are you, Gay?
>>
>>938395
OP, is that Zion Natl. in the background?
>>
Glass is the way to go.
>>
This or a generic equivalent is great if you winter camp
>>
>>945851
>forgot link

https://hydrationanywhere.com/generic-hydro-flasks-5-impressive-alternatives/
>>
>>944298
do ameicans think that bpa is against bacteria
>>
>>942416
I own like 3 stainless and 5 plastic of various sizes. Best investment
>>
Steel. Because plastic tastes bad.
>>
>>946189

Only retarded ones.
>>
Nalgene, motherfucker.
>>
I just use the plastic PET bottle of the cheapest still water I get at the supermarket.
you pay 25 eurocent deposit for the bottle, and I usually use it past the point where I can return it.
and I exclusively drink from this bottle. I usually get a new one when it starts to smell after a few weeks, eh.

should I invest in a nalgene?
>>
>>938399
>>938400
Dumb meme.
>>
>>942350
Race traitor korean faggot
>>
>>944298
enjoy your xenoestrogens and low test, faggot
>>
>>944298
what are you wearing and where do I acquire it?
>>
>>947274
Why would you say this?
>>
>>942419
Because >>942417
>>
>>939863
>A thermos does the same but also regulates temperature.

yes because it's double walled with a vacuum. Enjoy blowing it up by putting it on the fire.
>>
>>942421

>what is the water cycle

All water at some point was sewage water.
>>
>>939625
I can't believe you retards are still arguing over a fucking water bottle.
>>
>>946741
the correct choice
>>
File: IMG_2306.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2306.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>938395
I love Titanium, even though it's so expensive and really not much better... This is my go to when I'm hiking... But I do have problems with it, it's a very thin bottle.
>>
File: IMG_0356.png (192KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0356.png
192KB, 640x1136px
>>938399
This. I would prefer a stainless steel one though, sadly I'm still a plastique fag.
>>
>>941212
in this case you have to fill contaminated dirty water in your botle

so you carry dirt around with you all time
>>
>>949869
That looks sexy
>>
>>949869
When I decide to waste money on a titanium bicycle, I'll get titanium water bottles to go with it.
>>
>>951132
Don't forget your titanium fedora, gearfag.
>>
File: flask.jpg (298KB, 804x1262px) Image search: [Google]
flask.jpg
298KB, 804x1262px
>>938395

worth the $40 price tag
>>
>>938399
>>938400
Everyone else is retarded or only winter camps.
>>
>>938399
enjoy your BPA infested water, faggot
>>
>>939625
Cheap and super durable.
>>
I've got a steel water bottle.
I like to use it for boiling water, and i have a whip check from work. Makes a great handle for coffee in the morning, If i'm not using it for other stuff.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.