[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /out/ i fucking love these beans, i could eat them every day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20170127_012702.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_012702.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hi /out/ i fucking love these beans, i could eat them every day and not get tired of them.

I intend to store enough canned food and water to last a couple weeks if SHTF. These beans will be my staple. Unfortunately i dont know shit about nutrients. Can you tell me what i should supplement this with? Like protein powder or canned fruits etc.

>inb4 youll die
No, theres that news article on the guy who ate nothing but beans for a few decades
>>
>bean-filled pancakes
uncontrollablevomiting.jpg
>>
A man can live off of butter, potatoes, and water alone.

Pretty sure them beans got more and diverse nutrients than butter and potatoes so you should be fine.
>>
You will need to add garlic for maximum musical benefits
>>
File: wellprepped.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
wellprepped.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>938161
Beans, and legumes in general, are some of the best foods out there in terms of overall nutritional profile and quality. Over a period of a couple of weeks, if you only eat beans, you shouldn't be developing any noticeable deficiencies.

It seems the only essential nutrients beans lack would be Vitamins A, B12, D and E.

In terms of canned foods, for vitamin A you could get anything high in the following: sweet potato, carrots or leafy greens. For vitamin E(and trace A), and as a supplement, a "trail mix" of nuts, oily seeds and dried fruits will complement.

B12 is the slowest depleting of the essential nutrients, it can take up to two years before you run out, depending where you start. If you have access to a natural water sources like a river or lake you don't have to worry about it anyway.

Vitamin D is a bit complicated, your complexion, latitude, age, gender, all these factors play a role in your requirements. But, with enough sun exposure there is no need to worry, but this can range from just 30 minutes to several hours a day. A few weeks shouldn't be much of an issue but dropping levels will start to affect your mood, if you are going to hide in some bunker all day, you might just play it safe and get a supplement. 500 IU/day should suffice as a safe minimum.
>>
>>938463
And let's not forget get will be getting plenty of vitamin sp.
>>
Why is this posted on /out/?
>>
>>938463
Thank you so much anon - this is everything that i needed and more. Ill be saving this. Greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>938643
Have fun on your adventure farty pants
>>
baked beans are garbage. They are loaded with sugar and salt.

Just buy some regular black beans, rice, and veggies and make a stew
>>
>>938643
Glad I could help.

>>938855
>baked beans are garbage. They are loaded with sugar and salt.
That really depends on the particular brand and type you are getting, but I do agree with your point, something like what OP posted wouldn't be my first choice, specifically for those reasons.

In reality though, the detrimental effects of the sugar and salt don't really impact a short to medium term SHTF situation.

Although, if OP eats this stuff all the time anyway, he might start developing some long term cardiovascular conditions, but nothing out of the ordinary for most people on typical western diets.

>Just buy some regular black beans, rice, and veggies and make a stew
I assumed the constraints that cooking, found fuel and water wouldn't be dependable options. OP could of course just bring the extra needed materials, but you would need less of it the more you stock precooked foods. Thus, sticking to canned food sources, the net amount of things you need to stock would be lower, and it generally simplifies things.

You can't really keep fresh veggies in a SHTF stash, it would have to be preserved in some form. Preserving it yourself can get a bit complicated, so canned veggies are the next best option, which doesn't require cooking.
>>
>>938410
lmao, my man
>>
>>938161
are you the guy who also loves pickles?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.