[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOP! PLEASE READ:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: Mandarin.duck.arp.jpg (678KB, 1770x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Mandarin.duck.arp.jpg
678KB, 1770x1264px
What's the most essential outfit for extreme weather? Inner layer, mid layer, shell layer. I doubt /out/ will answer this ostensibly simple question. Please help. Your (good) advice won't go to waste. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_1390.jpg (173KB, 793x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1390.jpg
173KB, 793x1124px
Carhartt jacket

/thread
>>
>>938046
That depends on what you're doing outside and what exactly "extreme weather" is supposed to be. An answer to your question is useless without more information:
The most essential outfit for extreme weather is one that protects you from that extreme weather without hindering your planned activities too much.

You want us to tell you what the best gear for every conceivable situation at the same time is, without spending too much money, while having high quality.
And then you're gonna use it for a casual hike in the woods once a year in winter and otherwise wear it in the city when you go commuting and grocery shopping.

Protip: that doesn't exist and you're not gonna need it.

So really, get:
>>938057

Or whatever other brands' high end hardshell makes you feel cool.
>>
>>938057
>enjoy your wet jeans
>>
>>938108
>Not also wearing carharrt pants
>>
>>938046
It isn't simple, because "extreme weather" could mean extremely cold, rainy, windy, hot, etc etc.

It was -45F while I was working in northern AK a week or so ago, with 30 MPH wind. Going out to check gauges is a pretty low pulse activity and I wore merino base layers, down insulation top and bottom, and a windproof hardshell made by North Face.

Fuckin heavy wool socks and Baffin boots. A windproof face mask, a wool skull cap, ear muffs, and wool lined leather mittens.

Shit is cold here.

But if I were working my summer job on a fishing boat and the weather was extreme I'd wear completely different shit because it would be warm and I'd be getting hit with salt water constantly.
>>
File: mapa-brasil-água.jpg (60KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
mapa-brasil-água.jpg
60KB, 640x457px
Not OP, but what would /out recommend to a nomadic travel in Brazil Northeast with almost no money for 3 months? It will involve hitchhiker in scorching sun, camping but also social activities. The climate is tropical wet in the littoral and semi-arid in the interior. It will be in the beginning of the dry season.

This is my current list.

Up

2 T-Shirt Dry Fit (Synthetic)
1 Religious t-shirt (cotton)
1 Dress Shirt Long Sleeved (Tencel)
1 Sweater (cotton)
1 Rain Jacket (synthetic)
1 Gloves (synthetic)
1 Baseball cap (cotton)
1 Buff
1 Tau Cross
1 Prescription Glasses UV Protection
1 DIY Slit sunglass

Down

2 Performance underwear
1 Nylon Socks
2 Smartwool Socks
1 Pants (nylon)
1 Shorts
1 Belt
1 Sport Sandals
1 Leather Shoes
>>
File: Bucephala-albeola-010.jpg (377KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bucephala-albeola-010.jpg
377KB, 1536x1024px
>>938046
>Thank you >>938130 your post was helpful and gives me a starting point on what I need to research for a colder climate outfit. Please give me examples of clothing you'd wear for extreme heat and/or rainy weather. I appreciate any helpful advice. Thanks /out/.
>>
>>938046
> extreme weather
What does that even mean? Extreme hot? Extreme cold? Extreme sun? Extreme rain? Extreme snow?
>>
File: Mallard_drake_and_blue_mood.jpg (1MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Mallard_drake_and_blue_mood.jpg
1MB, 2048x1365px
>>938237
I meant extreme cold, hot, or rainy desu.

Extreme weather includes unusual, severe or unseasonal weather; weather at the extremes of the historical distribution—the range that has been seen in the past. Often, extreme events are based on a location’s recorded weather history and defined as lying in the most unusual ten percent.
>>
>>938046

Layer 1: Moisture wicking both top and bottom
Layer 2:Cotton long underwear top and bottom
Layer 3: Sweatshirt hooded or not and pants
Layer 4: Another sweatshirt hooded
Layer 5: Possibly a lighter jacket maybe with hood

This is winter based layering from the upper midwest area of US(-10F-90F usually not to those extremes but can get around there).

You can take off layers depending on Spring or Fall
>>
>>938253
Forgot to mention wax Layer 4 on the hood, shoulders, cape area, and upper parts of the arms. Maybe ass and lower back area if you plan on sitting and using it as a pad.
>>
>>938254
A winter hat over a baseball cap, gloves, and a neck gator also add well in "extreme" cold
>>
>>938248
>I meant extreme cold, hot, or rainy desu.
Then you're right, your question is only ostensibly simple and doesn't have an answer.
>>
File: garden series (2).png (337KB, 462x362px) Image search: [Google]
garden series (2).png
337KB, 462x362px
>>938349
If the question of what clothes should be worn in the heat and rain is simple answer it instead of shitposting.
>>
>>938130
>I was working in northern AK a week or so ago
What do you do for work?
>>
>>938360
I'm not the one shitposting. If it's bioth extreme heat and extreme rain, I think no clothes (or the local legal minimum) would probably be best, but that will kill you in most other extreme climates. You have to be specific.
>>
>>938487
bump

slow board I know, but I am really curious what kind of work this guy does in -45F northern Alaska.
>>
>>938634
20% running the HAARP earthquake machine, and 80% shilling for Trump on /pol/
>>
>>938162
>No replies
Somebody help this anon.
>>
>>938642
That's a nice gig you got there.
>>
File: 1351229177336.png (306KB, 329x485px) Image search: [Google]
1351229177336.png
306KB, 329x485px
>>938642
You're doing God's work anon.
>>
>>938162
silk>nylon for heat

Ignore memer's, there is no better base layer than silk, if it's hot cover it with cotton if it's cold cover it with wool.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.