[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people need these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: capture.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
Why do people need these?
>>
>>937330
Veritable knee savers downhill, leg muscle savers uphill, extra support on treacherous, slippery and unstable terrain, handy for testing bad/marshy/whatever terrain on flat ground. Spider web removal for good measure.

Not much use on solid flat ground, but excellent on hilly and higher areas up to the point where you need an ice axe.
>>
File: pt_1.jpg (99KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pt_1.jpg
99KB, 640x360px
So you don't have to carry poles for your shelter, also,
>>
>>937381
>That hole in the back
You're shitting me, right?
>>
>>937404

its probably got a rolled up flap like the front
>>
>same old troll threads

/out/ ner change.
>>
>>937404
You've literally never seen a tarp tent before, have you?
>>
>>937330

Helps ease out the weight on the legs

You exercise your arms

Saves your knees when going downhill

Not heavy enough to justify leaving them at home

Can be life savers on very rocky terrain

You dont need them but they're a very good addition.

Every single time I dont take them with me because "muh weight" I always end up more tired and more fed up in general.
>>
I assume only weak people with shitty balance need them. I only ever see fatties, old geezers and yuppie fags using them.
>>
>>937330
Why wouldn't you?
Doubles as a tent pole, makes rough terrain easier. Super helpful for those of us with old knee injuries that can get aggravated by covering 15 miles of rough terrain. Takes a ton of the load off your feet and legs. And you can hit anyone who thinks you look silly using them.
>>
it's like having 4 legs, saves your knees going down hill, I have a better more consistent pace, and they set my tarp shelter up
>>
>>937786
you should get out on trails that people thru hike on. Almost every experienced backpacker uses trekking poles. If we see someone without them, we all point and laugh at the amateur day hiker that doesn't know what they're doing
>>
>>937825
>trails
and that's why i don't need them. i spend a significant portion of my /out/ time cross country, scrambling and talus hopping, so i've developed the strength, balance, and comfort on a variety of terrains to not need them.

but have fun on your freeways. :)
>>
>>937330
so that you can turn quicker on the slopes and get around on flat land without stepping out of your skis
>>
>>937330
Noone "needs" them

>>937342
>>937381
>>937421
>>937460
>>937812
>>937824
>>937825

Speaks truth

also: Tarp support above tree line
>>
>>937330
Squirrels. Cause they're fast.
>>
>>937381
how do you keep mosquitoes and other nuisances off you when theres a bunch of gaps in the tent? do you just spray a fuckton of deet around it?
>>
>>937828
Have fun with your knees

Don't spout bullshit at me either, you KNOW they're getting there. Knees a shit.
>>
File: AppTrailRocks.jpg (185KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
AppTrailRocks.jpg
185KB, 637x480px
>>937828
k
>>
File: tj4231_071606_104237_163613.jpg (82KB, 595x395px) Image search: [Google]
tj4231_071606_104237_163613.jpg
82KB, 595x395px
>>937828
>but have fun on your freeways
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.