[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any REAL outdoorsmens groups?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

File: TRcover-500x249.jpg (35KB, 500x249px)
TRcover-500x249.jpg
35KB, 500x249px
Is there any group of outdoorsmen in the US that

>Don't do drugs
>Aren't soy-latte-sipping urbanite trash
>Don't steal
>Don't litter
>Understand the science behind environmentalism and don't take trash science like "climate change" at face value and declare it a negative thing that humans cause
>>
>trash science like "climate change" at face value and declare it a negative thing that humans cause
Fine. Keep denying facts and living in a fairy tale.
As for your original q: sorry, no idea.
>>
>>937328

The republican par... Oh wait, you said "don't steal", nevermind.
>>
>>937332
>>937366
You're salt fuels me.
>>
>>937332
He's right you know.
>>
>>937410
>>937332
Yup. The sun drives the climate. "Global warming" is recorded on Mars and it ain't those lil rover's emissions responsible for it.

You want to blame Earthlings? Blame emerging third world countries.
>>
>>937415
Damn dirty solar powered rovers.
>>
>>937328
Pick your age group and Gender:

Cubscouts
http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts.aspx

Boyscouts
http://www.scouting.org/

Girlscouts
http://www.girlscouts.org/

NOLS
https://www.nols.edu/en/
https://www.nols.edu/en/courses/

AU:

15-18yo
http://www.nsw.scouts.com.au/venturers

18-26yo
http://www.nsw.scouts.com.au/rovers
>>
>>937328
Just put up a craigslist ad for: "M4M seeking wild adventures! Let's let nature take it's course!"
>>
>>937328

I'm part of an "adventure" club that goes mainly to the mountain.

They're not gear queers but they're very spartan, never complain and perform like pros. I love them.

Just find a good local community or club, they're very cheap
>>
>>937332
>Fine. Keep denying facts and living in a fairy tale

The "95% agree" is intentionally misleading. "95% of scientists agree" that the earths climate is changing over time, not that humans are the direct cause. Even if it were true we are currently sitting at a Carbon deficit for efficient plant life growth.
>>
>>937608
I'm not going to say much, because I really don't want to argue, but you can look at the history of climate change. Geologists have been recording it for a while. Human emissions have sped it up. It's nothing to get salty about. It does suck if you live along the coast or on an island, especially if the area is below sea level. The changing weather patterns also kind of suck. We'll adapt, some better than others, but we'll adapt.
>>
>>937631
>coast or an island
>especially
>below sea level

Nice.
>>
>>937332
Global warming is real.
It is a checkable fact.

Global warming started in the 18th century.
It is a checkable fact.
>>
File: digue_hollande_271015[1].jpg (61KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
digue_hollande_271015[1].jpg
61KB, 960x540px
>>937654
>>
>>937328
my climbing mentor used to be a state trooper, he's big on backpacking trips, does that shit with his vietnam vet father, he showed me a picture of his ancestor hanging out in Mexico with Teddy.

Those type of people do not do "group" activities
>>
>>937328
Start your own group just don't advertise on the REI billboard. What ever happened to that hole in the ozone that was supposed to kill us all. Oh ya the scientists found out they didn't take changing weather and wind patterns into the data. Guess we didn't need to stop using all that hair spray.
>>
>>937332
Here in Australia the government is using climate change as an excuse to kill the reefs because why bother protecting them from mining industries when everything's going to fuck anyway right? CLIMATE CHANGE :D
>>
>>937884
Guess what, the hole still exists over Chille
get fucked
>>
>>937884
Actually there was swift regulation that greatly reduced the number of CFC's going into the atmosphere. Much like climate change, all it took was quick and effective regulation to control the problem and reduce the impact we're having on the plant. Not so much for the planets sake, but our own.
>>
>>937693
Are you trying to imply that the Netherlands being below sea level is remotely related to climate change?
>>
>>938143
hot damn. Are you being retarded on purpose, or are you just incapable of reading the chain of posts he was replying to?
>>
>>938147
>>938143
Why WOULDN'T I come here!

Ner chng.
>>
>>937654
Haha this faggots never heard of New Orleans what a faggot
>>
>>938147
He could have meant that the areas were below sea level because of rising oceans, or he could have meant that they were at greater risk of rising oceans because they were already below sea level. Do you really not understand why I asked for clarification?
>>
How could anyone believe in global warming at this point? If it were a real issue president Trump would have addressed it. The fact that all references have been eliminated from the White House website means that the problem has been solved.
>>
>>937328
Soy latte trash > hick trash, at least they're relatively polite and less likely to litter and shoot up traffic signs.

>Understand the science behind environmentalism
That counts you out.
>>
>>938245
>Soy latte scumbag detected
>>
>>938175
hur dur what is reading comprehension??
Oh - Right. It's where you intentionally misconstrue your opponent's argument so you get the chance to be a shitlord.
>>
>>938168
Living there would suck regardless of global fallacies.
>>
>>938213
Thank you for a breath of sanity!

I hope he will address the need to Bomb Mars Now! soon.
>>
>>938268
What the fuck is your problem? I asked a question for clarification. That's all. And I didn't actually get an answer from that poster either, I just get you being a sarcastic asshole from the sidelines.
>>
>>938135
Too bad all the third world countries don't pay attention to regulation. In South America you can still buy R12 and hair spray. Thank God the USA single handedly saved the hole in the ozone from growing bigger. Well it does get bigger depending on the season and the air currents blowing the measurable particulates around. But hey if we take the measurements when the hole is biggest then base our calculations off that with no air movement we can conclude that the hole will get bigger. It's the 80's and everyone is styling their hair with arisol hair spray. Let's tell them they are the reason the earth will be destroyed in a few years. I wonder what they would ban today of they just discovered the ozone hole, or would we all still be using hairspray with 80's style hair. That's cool we banned plastic bags now that will save the whales so Japan can kill and eat them.
>>
>>938293
Not either of them but presumably the anon you asked was saying that coastal areas below sea level are at greater risk if being inundated by rising sea levels.
>>
>>937328
>Climate change denialism

Yawn. Go back to /pol/ you faggot
>>
>>937393
>You're salt fuels me
>You're
>You are

Heh
>>
>>937608
m8, even if for some reason our massive increase in co2 levels isn't changing the greenhouse effect it's still fucking up the oceans. Sure you can probably get higher plant growth in a greenhouse if you up the co2 levels but the atmospheric concentration is way too high.
>>
>>937608
>The "95% agree" is intentionally misleading. "95% of scientists agree" that the earths climate is changing over time, not that humans are the direct cause
no it isnt dipshit you are miss stating the facts
>>
>>938314
it actually did faggot the ozone hole is almost gone
>>
>>937631

How does an island below sea level work? Isn't that just a sand bar?
>>
>>938143
literally what is there to be confused about??

>It does suck if you live along the coast or on an island, especially if the area is below sea level.
>posts a picture of holland
wow obviously holland is causing climate change
>>
There are plenty of outdoorsmen who don't do drugs, fuck, I would say most don't do drugs except drinking and occasional weed. It is pretty hard to make a soy latte innawoods, so no worries there. Most people don't litter or steal, more so with ourdoorsmen. Climate change is occuring and I'm pretty sure releasing a shit ton of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere might have something to do with rising temperatures. The apocalyptic "the earth with melt in 30 years" narrative is just as full of shit as the "the rapture will happen in 30 years" narrative, but we should really start switching to green energy before there is an actual threat. It's like, say you have a tumor, you just recently found out about it, and it isn't cancerous yet, but it certainly will be if you don't do shit about it over the next few years. You also have the resources to get it removed pretty much immediately. You would get it removed, no doubt. Same shit with global warming.
>>
>>939652
>same shit with gloabal warming

Exactly the same when you factor in the hypochondriacs that think they have a tumor, but do not.
>>
>>937328
>when a decent thread about outdoors groups comes up
>devolves into bickering over climate change
sigh...
>>
>>937631
>Geologists have been recording it for a while.

>planet is billions of years old

>scientists record average change of 1/2 degree over 100 years.

>panic
>>
>>939652
>I'm pretty sure releasing a shit ton of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere might have something to do with rising temperatures

nope, Im pretty sure you dont know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>939774
>devolves into bickering over climate change

This thread was devolved from the get-go thanks to OP's requirements. If you don't want bickering, don't bring up something sure to start a bicker.
>>
>>939841
Yeah I'm not concerned about it either. Things change, you gotta adapt and keep on moving.

The planet has, at least 3 different times, had all life completely extinguished and annihilated in a fiery apocalypse, and we're still here. We're gonna be fine.
>>
>environmentalism

If you truly care about the Earth then you must advocate for the destruction of China and India

>muh climate change
China has no restrictions on emissions, and most of their industrialized areas have smog so thick that people literally die from breathing it after a while
>muh oceans
China dumps raw industrial sewage into the ocean 24/7, and then overfishes everything they can possibly occupy to the point of their seas being acidified ghostlands that have nothing but plastic left
>muh animals
China hunts animals to extinction because their ant religion told them that if they huff koala dick powder they can get a boner again

Anybody who opposes China/India/3rd world is a net bonus for environmentalism

I wish it wasnt a politicized issue, but it is
>>
>>937328
>Don't do drugs
Niggas ridding a moose, He's at least found peyote
>>
>>940230
>all life completely

>almost completely

Ft4u.
>>
>>940281

Uhh, China is going pretty hard on renewable energy. They're doing way more to help than America.
>>
>>939843
Literally no one in this thread is a climate scientist, physicist, or anyone else who has any reason to know what they're talking about.

All we have are people who listen to what the prevailing scientific understating is, and people who don't like what the prevailing scientific understanding implies, and so ree about it.
>>
>>940281
Your view fails to take into account that China is actually interested in its own future well-being. Currently they think that means polluting the shit out of the planet to catch up to the US economically. Once they think that it's more in their interests to preserve the planet, they'll do that.
>>
>>940983
The msm pundits are not science, bro
>>
>>941078
The scientific consensus is that climate change is happening, bro.
>>
the mazamas are pretty awesome. based here in portland, oregon. they're the second oldest mountaineering club in america, 1894. they sponsor hikes and climbs all year long.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.