[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Attempted Medical Procedures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1483305880782.jpg (26KB, 539x539px) Image search: [Google]
1483305880782.jpg
26KB, 539x539px
Hi, I'm wierdly into people performing medical care to themselves either in reality or depicted in film; e.g. the scene in no country for old men, where Anton Chigurh treats his wounds after recieveing a multitude of shotgun pellets to the leg.

So my hopes are you'll all provide similar content and stories and good medical equipment to use whilst /out/ THANKS!!!
>>
Here is the scene

https://youtu.be/zcqZNGt-jsw?t=103
>>
>>936675
i have plenty i do this all the time
took out my own stitches applied superglue to pesky wounds burned off various skin protrusions ripped of toenails that got rekt or superglued them if they were still salvageable took out one of my teeth when it hurt and cured ingrown toenails with 96% alcohol.
>>
>>936678
if you want to handle your own shit while /out/ there is an often overlooked item bring a small mirror!! it can have multiple uses but when you have to treat a wound on your face head inside your mouth or on your ass it comes mighty handy.
>>
I just relieved FSB (Fatal Semen Buildup) to op pic related, so, yeah all the time.
>>
File: machete_thumb1.jpg (145KB, 888x1200px) Image search: [Google]
machete_thumb1.jpg
145KB, 888x1200px
>>936675
Pic related, used superglue in lieu of going to the emergency room and getting stitches when I cut my thumb badly by mishandling a machete.

1/2
>>
File: machete_thumb2.jpg (179KB, 888x1200px) Image search: [Google]
machete_thumb2.jpg
179KB, 888x1200px
>>936742
>>
I think slot of people use the super glue on cuts trick
I personally do and have fixed half a dozen or so deep cuts this way

One was all the way to the bone in my finger
>>
>>936675

Nursefag here. My number one /out/ essential is cyanoacrylate glue.
>>
>>936854
>#1 rape restraint

Got it, perv.
>>
>>936854
yeah make sure you don't get that from home depot tho!
>non-medical superglues often utilize solvents that are toxic to human tissue, such as methanol
>butyl, isobutyl and octyl esters used in medical-grade superglues have been reported to have bacteriostatic properties
>medical-grade superglues have less exothermic reaction
>>
File: 20161109_074554.jpg (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
20161109_074554.jpg
2MB, 1500x1125px
fucked up on a hike this autumn, dont think i have any pictures unfortunately but ill check my camera tomorow.

but i was a retard and tried to pop a beer cap with the side of my leatherman wave for a "start of hike" celebrastion

long story short it fucking ripped the top skin of the first digit on my point finger right up like a flap. wrapped taht shit in a bandana until i coulæd get some bandage on it

the probæem was that it kepot opening whenever i took my pack off/on for rests. a pain in the ass

hiking buddies being antsy as fuck to get going, me downplaying the pain and blood it was just a big mess.

was trying to put on bandage in freezing cold with one hand so we could keep going to the top of himmelbjerget, and i look over at buddy, hes standing ther eeating a sneakers and asks when we are gonna get going ... never have i been closer to murder
>>
I got my lower jaw spit down the middle in a fight. One side hung lower than the other. I took some copper wire (pretty thick) and looped it between my two lower front teeth and tightened it up with channel locks. Basically think of tieing a piece of floss around two teeth. Came out fine and my teeth line up as well as before.
>>
My old doc heard from another doc who was asked to be on standby for a third doc who did his own vasectomy.
Story was cooroborated with another doc a few years later.

Sounds like bullshit, but aside from removing sutures, doing my own medicines, basic first aid and triage, it's all I got.
>>
>>936744
Well its just longer you have to wait before its healed and you can use your thumb again.

I don't see the issue with going to the emergency room, it takes like 20 minutes in and out, it will heal faster, and if an issue develops, the doctors won't accost you for being retarded.

Oh yeah I forgot no free health care in Murica. Have fun with the Donaldino, my friend
>>
>>937067
>free food is shit food
>free health care is shit care

Free does not equal quality, commie.
>>
>>937089
I didn't think they made retards this stupid
>>
>>936675

I carry a first aid kit and superglue with me.

But they're just contingencies, I expect to go to the hospital if something happens.

And I have a license that covers helicopter rescues, so no big deal
>>
File: 20170125_170348.jpg (1001KB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_170348.jpg
1001KB, 3264x1840px
>>936675
Severed my radial artery in my forarm
And stitched it with fishing line using a hook as a needle sanatized with 100 proof vodca. It did get infected but I'd of bleed out without stitches
>>
File: VR8800.jpg (32KB, 445x408px) Image search: [Google]
VR8800.jpg
32KB, 445x408px
>>937821

Not super /out/ related, but I got dragged by a horse at my buddies place and lost a pretty good chunk of skin (about 6 square inches). We sprayed it down with the hose, dumped a full jar of alcohol over it, sprinkled with bloodstock, then covered it in bluekote and wrapped it up good in vet wrap. Hurt like hell for a month, but never had any real problems with it except having ask for help cleaning it. I was temporarily embarased and living in my truck on his property and would have to get his sister to help me. She was a nurse and it all stayed strictly medical, but it still was weird for me having to ask her to help clean my ass/back.

In case anyone was wondering, vet wrap is one of the greatest things ever created.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.