[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my work had to clear some stock. long story short, i now have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (33KB, 322x515px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
33KB, 322x515px
my work had to clear some stock. long story short, i now have a hundred cans of this.

is pic related and water enough to keep me alive for say, a month? should i top it up with any additional nutrients? assuming i dont die of boredom
>>
>>936382
you can probably live on that stuff indefinitely but i'm sure it has a lot of salt and possibly cholesterol and whatnot. i wouldn't "live on" it just for fun. unless it's legit life or death i would eat maybe 5 cans per week and not more.
>>
>>936382
>keep me alive? supplement? die of boredom?
Yes. Probably. Certainly.
>>
>>936382

Show us the label.

My gut says you would live but become sick from all the salt and lack of certain nutrients.

Throw a protein shake a day in and I would feel better about it.
>>
supplement with rice and foraged greens. also hope you have a good water source
>>
>>936404
avg quantity per 100g

energy 255kj
protons 4.3g
fat, total 2.2g
fat, saturated 0.8g
carbs 5.4g
sugars 3.1g
dietary fibre 1.1g
sodium 300mg
>>
I might try and live off pork brains and eggiwegs
>>
>>936409
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>936406
>protons 4.3g
>>
File: syxHD.gif (1MB, 630x270px) Image search: [Google]
syxHD.gif
1MB, 630x270px
>>936412
>>
>>936412
it was a joke they call protein protons in /fit/
>>
>>936406

So a shit ton of salt and not a hell of a lot of anything else?

And what fucking country do you live in where they give energy per 100g in kilo joules? I thought calories were excepted everywhere.
>>
>>936427
/fit/ is awful isn't it just awful?
>>
>>936409

Hasn't eating brains literally been proven to cause mad jew disease?
>>
>>936428
australia

also are you saying that this is pretty bad?
>>
>>936430
not all brains anon, depends on the species and specific prion. from what i understand there aren't any known cases of a prion disease going from piggies to peoples. but if the debraining machines and conveyer belts are also used for horses, cattle, and amazon people then contamination is possible.
>>
>>936432
>also are you saying that this is pretty bad?

Its completely possible that I am just fucking up my math here, but when I put it in terms I can understand better it sounds like shit.

61 Calories
4% protien
2% fat
5% carbs
1% fiber
300mg of sodium

So pretending you maintenance is 2k cal/day you would have to eat 3300g of this shit a day (I don't know how much is in a can, but you can figure that out) and in the process you would get

142g of protein
72.6g of fat
178.2g of carbs
34g of fiber
and
>9900mg of salt per day

that is over six and a half times the amount of salt you should be eating in a day, You should be eating around 1.3g of protons per pound of body weight a day at maintenance, so assuming you only weigh 110lbs the protein is about right, otherwise its to low. Carbs is low by almost every scale, and fat is a little high. Honestly the salt alone is a huge red flag for me.
>>
>>936455
okay, this was the kind of answer i was looking for. thanks anon
>>
>>936455
You're basing those numbers off of what the FDA says is healthy though, amirite? That's the same organization that started saying that eggs were bad for your cholesterol the year they didn't get kick-backs from the poultry industry, and now that they are again, guess what, eggs are good for you again. They're still saying glyphosate isn't harmful, when even Mexico doesn't allow it on food. Throw enough money at them and they'll say turpentine is a healthy replacement for water.
>>
>>936455
so i should supplement my carbs with dried rice for long term storage, and i should not drink all the salty liquid in the can and its ok?
>>
>>936462
>You're basing those numbers off of what the FDA says is healthy though, amirite?

/fit/ memes and bro-science from my wrestling days. I worked for government before and after seeing how my part operates, I'll never trust any of them ever again.

>tfw lied to my boss and got my lie turned into policy for our park
>highschool kids are now out there with machetes chopping down every fucking wild carrot on a 500 acre park they see because they are "poisonous to deer"
>tfw its bullshit and I just didn't want to work that day cause it was to hot to cut a new trail

Never trust the government anon, half the policy was accidentally made by retards like me.
>>
>>936465
recent studied has shown that salt doesn't actually cause long-term high blood-pressure, and in fact, excessively low sodium can cause high blood-pressure. I doubt the FDA bases all their decisions on kick-backs (though the US government is pretty rife with that), but if there's one thing that you can be certain of, modern science is nowhere near there point of understanding human biology, there's new studies every day that contradict older ones. The healthiest way to do anything is in moderation. Even drinking too much water can kill you.
>>
File: yup.png (77KB, 318x281px) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
77KB, 318x281px
>>936468
>never trust the government
Thanks for confirming my greatest fears.
>>
This shit is nice to have once in a while. 3 meals a day though? By the end of the first week the sheer sight of the can will fill you with dread.
>>
>>936519
you underestimate my autism
>>
File: Beef+Stew.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Beef+Stew.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
I got a story about this sort of thing nægrœs

In college I pledged a fraternity and one weekend from friday night until sunday afternoon we were confined to a 10' or so tarp in the corner of the living room. we shared the tarp with a keg of beer and boxes of Dinty Moore™ beef stew.

We had to finish the keg (4 of us) by the end and could only eat Dinty Moore™ beef stew. We were allowed to leave the tarp to puke and to pee/pooh.

Annnnway I'll never eat a can of Dinty Moore™ beef stew again as long as I fucking live. OP's gonna die.
>>
>>936521
Give some cans to me cunt, cheers.
>>
>>936523

I have seen this exact story at least 4 times on at least 3 boards... I don't think dinty moore would pay anyone to promote their product here, but I just can't imagine that anyone likes it enough to shill for free...
>>
>>936550
i love mysteries of the internet like these
>>
>>936550
Hormel Foods > Become an Affiliate
>>
File: 19789999.jpg (105KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
19789999.jpg
105KB, 400x345px
>>936550
>I'll never eat a can of Dinty Moore™ beef stew again as long as I fucking live.
>shilling
>mfw
>>
>>936455
>believing in the "balanced diet" meme
You shouldn't be giving advice.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.