[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ Which one would you buy? Thanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: setup.jpg (292KB, 2228x772px) Image search: [Google]
setup.jpg
292KB, 2228x772px
Hey /out/

Which one would you buy? Thanks
>>
Personally #3. I love dem nesting cups for eating/drinking out of †bh. Also handy if you want to share.
>>
>>935580
No plastic shit for me. The cap/lid being plastic is as far as I'll go. Either stainless steel or glass.
>>
>>935612
but blastic is the miracle material anon. what's so bad?
>>
>>935580
I have number 1 it works for what it is.
>>
>>935604
I've got No. 3 too. Works bretty gud with a cheapo burner from Amazon.
>>
>>935580
I pretty much own 1 but with a 40oz kleen kanteen and gsr cup.
Cups a little small so been eyeing the stanley. It'll nest with the gsr. I'd probably junk those plastic cups it comes with.
>>
File: 20170122_201856.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_201856.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
I own 3 and being alone I don't need both cups so I can fit my stove and cleaning stuff inside
>>
>>935618
Google it/google scholar it, just try to stay away from obvious batshit crazy sites. Basically, shit leaches into your beverages. It isn't supposed to be in your foodstuff. That may or may not be a bad thing, but ask yourself, "Does this leached chemical or ingredient improve or maintain my health?" If the answer is, "no" then don't put it into your body.
>>
2. Fits together in an easy and portable fashion, and plastic ages poorly
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>935628
I wish I'd gotten that cheep chinée stove for mine. i have a normal department store Coleman and it's a bit too wide for the cooker, so when the burner's on full it spills around the sides. not a big deal but i have to keep the flame at medium or below
>>
>>935580
I have an aluminum canteen and cup, but I'm thinking of upgrading to #1, except the whole kit with the bag and stove, which I can strap to the side of my bag.

The Stanley set is cheap and comfy, but the plastic in the lid will melt sooner or later.
>>
>>935580
1 of course.

3 is shit because you can`t heat water in the bottle over the fire without careful attention that the bottle doesn`t melt. It just doesn`t work in winter.

2 has a bunch of useless shit.

1 is supreme. 1 is basic as fuck boys.
>>
>>935580
2 because I like cooking multiple things.
With two, I can make a better meal.
>>
>>935580
3 but heavily modified. I've tossed the nesting cups, cut the latch so the handle can be used as a bail, removed the locking mech from the handle and replaced the shit plastic lid grip with a key ring.

It's survived more campfires than I can count. And while the layer of soot may never come off, I'll keep using it until either it or I die, and I'd guess that I go first.
>>
>>935618
Plastic deteriorates over time and flakes into the water. Not a good idea to keep plastic bottles for water.
>>
None, they're all too heavy. I only take Titanium out
>>
>>935768
What's you total bag weight? I'm just curious how much of a difference that 0.25oz is making.
>>
It has to be number 2, the others are shit tier with small capacity or awkward handles etc..

The Stanley pot = Jew of the West
>>
Dislike plastic waterbottles.
Also you can just boil water in number 1
>>
File: geeps_bg.png (14KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_bg.png
14KB, 261x195px
>>935869
And you can number 2 in number 1 while you're at it anon.
>>
>>935580

1. It's easier to clean, and not made of plastic.
>>
>>935580
None of those. I don't see a nesting water bottle as necessary. I use a ti cup nestling inside a ti pot. Internal space is filled with sugar, spices, tea, spoon, lighter and stove. Water bottle is a 1l kidney shape kept outside the pack.
>>
>>935630
usually takes a good while for this to happen, and needs strong uv radiation too.
if you fill a water bottle at home and go on a day hike and keep it in your bag this is almost nonexistent issue.

but yeah they can do better i'm sure and should.
>>
>>935618
Miracle material, can turn you into the woman you always wanted to be !
>>
>>935580
which one is not an overpriced crap?
>>
>>
>>935914
3 :3
>>
>>935580

#1 or #2. #1 may be better for cold weather due to what appears to be larger volume and a shape more conducive to boiling.

Absolutely not #3
>>
Am i pretentious fucktard if i say none of those?
I am quite happy with my mil-surplus mess kit.
>>
>>935966
If it's the one I am thinking of, I found it to be a little awkward myself and not enough multi function. Pics?

>>935580
This question is too broad. You need to define application and situations. I am currently building basically #1. Condor pouch, stainless Nalgene, GSI cup, and I'm hunting for a good tin to use to hold fire aiding materials and serve as a char box and small stove. The stove design is still in the works though. I found the tin but it's in bulk so I have to spend like 40 bucks. Trying to find a single for cheaper. This is for simple overnights or long days. My build for longer stays and more complex cooking requirements is still bubbling in my brain.
>>
>>935897
i was debating on 1 or 2 but you just sold me.

im with this guy. 1 is easier to clean and also appear to carry more volume.

plastic is terrible if you want to carry hot coffee with you.
>>
File: lightweightclimbinggear.jpg (67KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
lightweightclimbinggear.jpg
67KB, 1155x1155px
4 for me, only weighs like 3 pounds
>>
>>936031
>Plastic and aluminium
But anon that's bad for your health.
>>
>>936062
Ancient Egyptians used napkins made of asbestos.

There's still houses that are coated in lead.

If you live in the US, nearly all your food is grown in soil saturated with glyphosate, an extremely potent biotoxin known to cause cancer in humans.

Plastic and aluminium should be the least of your worries.
>>
>>935907
>Does this leached chemical or ingredient improve or maintain my health?

Use something that doesn't do that in the first place.
>>
>>936081
>If you live in the US
But anon I don't. And GMOs shit isn't allowed here. And just because ancient people did something bad doesn't mean that you have to do the same.
>>
>>936084
My point was that anywhere people have money, other people will make shitty and harmful products to try and take that money away from them.
>>
>>936062
yeah maybe but its also light as hell so snakes and ladders ygm
>>
>>936081
>aluminium
are you sure those are not stainless?
>>
>>936125
I don't actually know what product he was referring to, he just said that aluminium is bad for you.

I know that the human body doesn't actively use aluminium salts, but aside from it's effect of closing pores (typically in antiperspirants, in which you're getting large amounts of molecular aluminium instead of passive degredation of container material which should largely pass through the digestive system), it doesn't actually seem to have any major negative effects.
>>
>>935580
i haven't fucked with anything like #2, but #1 is closest to my current setup.
an important capability to me is to be able to throw a hot water bottle into my sleeping bag a while before climbing in when the temperature drops hard. i play in the mountains, and a balmy evening can turn into a nasty night.
>>
>>936132
not who you were replying o, but there's a fair amount of supporting research about aluminum causing Alzheimer's/dementia down the line
>>
>>936206
I've heard this too, but what was the means of absorption? I wouldn't think that solid aluminium being used to hold water would cause significant breakdown of the material, hence, very little getting absorbed into the body. Now, if it were an acidic solution (such as soda, I could see that as being an issue, or a molecular aluminium being applied directly to body, such as antiperspirant, then absorption would be much higher).
>>
>>936125
The serbian mil-surp kit?
Pretty sure it's aluminium. The handle might be stainless steel.
>>
>>936210
anything acidic. we rarely see the true hue of aluminum b/c it tarnishes immediately in air. acids pull it out
>>
>>936365
>tarnishes
I think you're referring to aluminium oxide, which is harder and more stable than elemental aluminium.
>>
>>936206

Current reasearch has essentially proven this to be untrue.

It is not in the general consensus that aluminum is linked to Alzheimers
>>
You should buy none of these, el duderiono.

Jetboil for stove, disposable plastic waterbottles for water storage. If you really need a mug use a small cheap Insulated cup.
>>
>>936596
Second, except that the stove is totally situational. Jetboil is a good choice is you need to boil water fast while camping, but if you're cooking food or want gear that can't fail on you when you're a week's hike away from finding a replacement, alky's a better choice.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.