[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

prepper food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 980x980px
if i can only stock ONE kind of food, and bottled water, what would it be to last one week of moderate activity?

i was thinking canned baked beans. lots of protein and carbs and fibre, it just seemed the most balanced, and its also pretty cheap and lasts for years
>>
>>934517
Black beans and tequila
>>
>>934517
PEANUT BUTTER
>>
>>934525
is it balanced in terms of nutrients though? could someone subsist on peanut butter and water for a few weeks without too much discomfort, apart from his taste buds?
>>
>>934526
>could someone subsist on peanut butter and water for a few weeks without too much discomfort, apart from his taste buds?
Sure. It has carbs, it has fat. Baked beans don't have enough fat. If you had said two foods I would've recommended same type of rendered animal fat and flour.
>>
>>934517
Learn how to garden, hunt, and trap instead. Relying on capitalist industrialism after the world collapses into chaos for an unknown amount of time is for bakas and plebs.
>>
>>934527
so youre saying its superior to baked beans??
>>
>>934530
i dont intend this for TEOTWAWKI. its merely for things like floods, civil unrest, or etc where ill have to bug in for a few weeks at most. also, i live in the city
>>
>>934531
Definitely. More calorie dense and less sugar.
>>934532
You should spend the money on ways to kill the hordes of nogs who will try to steal your shit.
>>
>>934532
>living in the city
>ever
But yeah, I get your point. Beans and rice would be my suggestion. But if things ever escalate to war, or what could be considered a borderline apocalyptic scenario, get the hell out of the city and go innawoods as far as you can.
>>
>>934527
Peanut butter has zero carbs.

Its all fat and protein.
>>
Beef Jerky
>>
>>934541
What kind of shitty peanut butter have you been buying?
>>
>>934546
The stuff made from peanuts. Check your label.

I avoided eating carbs for almost a year now and only eat meat and some nuts.
Its called the contra-vegan diet and none of the cool kids are doing it.
>>
>>934559
Actually, it's called the ketogenic diet, I eat bacon at every meal and I'm at the healthiest weight I've ever been and have more energy than I've ever had in my life. You can't eat any sugar, though, or you pack on fat like a grizzly packing up for the winter.
>>
>>934562
Same exact experience as I.
I call it contra-veganism ironically.

>hey anon have some food/dring that contains carbs/sugar
No thanks, I'm on the contra-vegan diet.
Do you have a moment to talk about it and maybe follow me on instagram?

About 15 years ago I read an article on Ron Hood's website.
It might still be there.

It went into detail about fasting, liver ketosis, energy content of body fat, the efficiency of the body at converting food energy to fat and lots of things like that.
A real eye opener.
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>
>>934517
>baked beans
>one week
you'll be fartin' your way all the way up the trail m8
>>
>>934562
eating no carbs will result in a low RQ and you'll start becoming really fatigued and shizzle but its great for losing weight! bad if you're in a survival situation
>>
>>934762
What's an RQ? Also, I do this already and don't have energy problems, quite the opposite in fact.
>>
>>934762
I've read that some people feel tired, or that their mind has gone "dull" and they've lost the ability to concentrate or some shit like that.

But I haven't had any those problems.

As far as energy and fatigue, I actually feel less tired than I used to.
Fat is a more linear source of energy than the rush/crash you get with sugars.

At first, I used to feel light headed every time I stood up from a squat, but that turned out to be low blood pressure and it went away when I heavily increased my salt intake.
>>
>>934562

proofs that this diet works? how much weight have you lost?
>>
>>934965
I haven't lost weight, I gained steadily until I reached a healthy weight of 160lbs (I'm 5'10") and then stabilized. I've also started putting on muscle, which is something I wasn't even doing while I was in basic, and I work out less now than I did then.
>>
>>934965
I've never actually been on a scale so I can't say how much I weigh or how much I've lost.

But what I can say is that I've lost body-fat I thar I didn't even know I had, and wasn't trying to lose.
>>
>>934965
>>934995
Also, weight loss was never my intention.
>>
>>934517

Peanut butter. Shit is loaded with every thing you need. A lot of calories so little. Will give you the shits.
>>
>>934517
Be careful with what you're storing your water in, plastic bottles deteriorate over time and flakes into the water.
>>
>>934526

Nuts are amongst the most calorie dense foods. They are also high in fats and protein.
>>
File: 20161125_152154.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_152154.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>934535
I'm in!
>>
>>935248
>when you get your info from a communist guerilla manual dated 1958
>>
>>934517
Chili with beans would be better. Complete protein, higher calorie, has fat (which you NEED), still some fiber.
>>
>>935292
Well, that manual at least went through rigorous field tests and praised by all contemporary western experts.
>>
Mixed split lentils and brown rice. They can be prepared together in the same pot, store extremely well, and are loaded with carbohydrates and complete protein. I typically cook my rice with butter, so I don't know if adding oil to that would be considered one food, but if I didn't absolutely hate lentils, that would be my recommendation.
>>
>>934517
Dried beans and rice in 5 gallon buckets. Cheap and will last years. I'm not into the pepper stuff but I was curious about long term storage of water. Not sure cases of bottles are the best. I would think stuff for might start growing in it after a while. Might be worth looking into canning water in big quart Mason jars. The boiling of the canning process would kill off anything that might start growing after years of sitting around.
>>
Lemme know how your asshole feels after eating 2000 calories of almonds a day for a week.
>>
>>935624
Stomach acid softens almonds. They're no peanuts
>>
>>934517
Not ONE food, but my nostalgic backpacking food is Triscuit sandwiches. When I was a kid I went camping with my dad and like once we had a snack/meal made from two Triscuits, a slice of Gallo salami, and a slice of cheese. To this day I sometimes do that out of nostalgia and memory of my dad, it is a good high fat, high salt, high calorie lunch/snack when you are backpacking or hiking. I've had a block of cheese and a salami out of the fridge for 5 days straight without ill effect.
>>
>>935624
When I eat a lot of nuts I get a soft pasty stool that is easy to pass. Sesame seeds don't digest, though, and feel like sandpaper on the way back out.
>>
>>935516
Not necessary. It's sterile when it goes into the bottle, and stays that way until it's opened.

>>935624
I don't know who you're replying to here, so here's a free (YOU) for ya.

It's worth mentioning too, that a small percentage all almonds that are sent out labeled as sweet almonds, especially from cheap sources, are actually going to be bitter almonds. Trying to get 2000 calories per day from almonds raises your risk of death from cyanide poisoning exponentially.

>>935770
My goto camping food is cheese sticks and summer sausage. No cooking, no cleanup, just about the highest calorie to weight ratio of any foods you can carry. And since they're both individually wrapped, unless you're hiking in high heat, they can last up to two weeks.
>>
>>935225
>Will give you the shits.
Doesn't give me the shits.
>>
So... I'm guessing that I'm the only person here that's actually gone more than a week eating only one kind of food? It sucks, and apparently it doesn't even matter what kind of food it is.

>Plan: Nutella is awesome and I'll never get sick of chocolate.

>Reality: After the first week, if I can't catch a fucking fish, I'd rather starve than finish the rest of the jar.
>>
>>936064
Contra vegan here. Sometimes I go on week long binges of eating nothing but chicken, or nothing but steak or nothing but ground beef, or nothibg but fish.
I could go on eating the one type of meat forever.

But one time I tried eating nothing but eggs and felt sick after a week.
>>
>>934517
I lived off 2-4 weeks on 'emergency ration' on off-track hiking tours during army time. A kind of wheat cookies, like the BP5. Balanced and no remains for days. The taste is between boring and not existent. They put two small packs of sugar and instant tea along with four desinfektion tabs. So you do not need any water, just a puddle. (The difference in taste is very welcome after a week)
>>
>>934527
>Baked beans don't have enough fat.

I mix in lard and chunks of bacon when I make mine, is it time to start canning them and saving them for the happening?
>>
>>934562

Keto is a meme that fatties use to justify binge eating meat. The only secret to dieting is CICO.

>>934517

I guess if I could only stockpile one thing for SHTF, I would go with pic related because the salt and tit can be made into fucking anything. I would have to find some way to supliment just about everything else in my diet, but around here its easier to procure carbs than salt.

That said, you should horde a large variety, because the only thing worse than living in a shipping container with 8 other people is living in a shipping container with 8 other people with nothing to eat for months at a time but canned ravioli.
>>
>>935248

the stock on 4 is beautiful anon. I am jealous.

Why do you only own slavshit?
>>
File: GI Corned Beef Hash.jpg (84KB, 504x377px) Image search: [Google]
GI Corned Beef Hash.jpg
84KB, 504x377px
>>936463

Forgot pic.
>>
>>936463
>keto's a meme
Humans are the only species on the planet that thinks they can outsmart nature. If both your eyes face in the same direction, you're supposed to eat meat. Adversely, it's only through unnatural preperation that grains become edible.

>nothing's worse than [nothing but ravioli]
Well, that's still true.
>>
>>936473

Humans didn't develop cooking, homo erectus did, and processing their food is what allowed them to evolve into us. Cooking food is literally humans beating nature at its own game.
>>
>>936484
And I'm sure they were cooking oatmeal in pots instead of meat on a stick? Or are you just conveniently leaving out the facts that don't support your side of the argument?
>>
>>936490
>And I'm sure they were cooking oatmeal in pots instead of meat on a stick?

Ever cooked a potato/apple/squash on a stick over the fire?
>>
>>936530
I thought we were discussing the comparison of grains to meatfats in regards to human dietary evolution for the purpose of intellectually stimulating conversation, but failing that, you seem to be merely trying to poke holes for the sake of winning an argument.
>>
>>936532

I thought we were discussing a diet containing vegetable starches as compared to the keto diet. Limiting vegetable starches to grain was your doing, not mine.
>>
>>936463
CICO and Keto are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>936484
Thats only partially correct.

Erectus may have started cooking vegetables and grains, but the greatest change came with cooking meat.
Grains were insignificant.

Cooked meat is easier to process, which is why we have much smaller guts in comparison to the dumber apes.

This allowed early humans to spend more time doing productive shit instead of sitting around in trees digesting shit.
The larger amounts of protein also helped develop bigger brains.

Meat was the primary diet of early humans.
Chasing meat is the reason why humans have the most endurance out of any animal.
A human can run down any game on the planet. Because a long time ago thats just what we did.
>>
>>936579

CICO and any diet are not mutually exclusive. The point is there is no huge advantage to keto over any other diet except for a few select medical conditions.
>>
File: ravioli_057.jpg (54KB, 370x277px) Image search: [Google]
ravioli_057.jpg
54KB, 370x277px
>>934517
choose something with vegetable and meat, if you want cans what will be at your disposal will vary a lot depending from where you are.

I have some food stockpiled at home, for the cans that can be considered a whole meal I have :
> ravioli
> cassoulet (meat, sausage & beans)
> lentil & sausage
> chili con carne
>>
File: IMG_1290.jpg (21KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1290.jpg
21KB, 259x194px
>>934517
Get a steel shipping container, fill it with imitation crab meat and bury it underground in your back yard.
>>
>>937977

/diy/ memes are best memes.
>>
>>934517
Beans are an incomplete simple-protein you dumbass. You'll need rice to compensate for the absent amino groups.

Jesus fuck is this amateur hour?
>>
>>936484
this. no homo but our homo is a badass homo
>>
>>936586
I think there was a caption from /fit, basically a list of things that makes humans so badass that I really believe the aliens are scared shitless when they watch us. care to find it?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.