[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bushcrafting in the woods.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: bushcraftJPG.jpg (679KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
bushcraftJPG.jpg
679KB, 1600x1066px
Hello, I am new to really, the outdoor experience, sadly I was not a explorer as a child, which honestly sucks. Anyhow, I am really interested in bush crafting. As in, I want to be able to go out in the woods for like a moth straight. Make a small little shelter such as the image I uploaded.

I wish to know of any gear I should purchase so that I have all of the necessities. Thank you guys and girls!
>>
>>934474
12 moras and fully nude
>>
>>934474
start small. Reading anything here is useless. Get out and try stuff. Don't spend any more than 50 dollars.
>>
>>934488
I guess you are right... I have a small book about bush craft and it has pictures but I am a visual learner. The book is kind of useless to me. I am looking for some gear that I can use to make it simpler.
>>
>>934474
'Primitive technology' on YouTube
>>
>>934474
You're a troll. I mean you'd have to be, right? No one could honestly expect to read a few opinions on /out/, a couple articles on the internet, and buy a pack full of gear at REI and just be okay on their own in the woods for a month, right?

Or do you just think that you're so special that you'll be able to do with no experience whatsoever, what everyone else spends years or even decades practicing?

>Start by car camping, make sure you don't piss yourself the first time something claws at your tent in the middle of the night.
>Try a hike-in; make sure you can carry a week's worth of food and all your gear for five miles in, five miles out.
>Another hike-in, except you're going to carry two weeks' worth of food and try not to eat it. You've been studying trapping and foraging this whole time, right? You still two weeks' worth of food when you walk out, then you're ready to move on.

>Last time, but now you don't use your gear either, you still carry it so you have it if you need it, and so you feel that temptation and hold yourself back from it.

>Now, and only now, are you ready to cut your gear back to 4K calories of emergency ration and a mylar blanket.

>No more tests! Now you can go out into the woods with nothing but a cabonsteel knife and your years of experience and build a shelter, catch and forage your own food, make your own cookware from local clay, and realize that no one is at all impressed by this except you.
>>
>>934474
You don't really need a bunch of gear. Just go out and practice only a short distance from your car. This way if you fuck up, you can just go back to your car. EZ PZ boys
>>
>>934474
go buy a fucking life
>>
File: IMG_1551.jpg (236KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1551.jpg
236KB, 500x772px
>>934474
>>
>>934474
Youtube
Ray Mears
Primitive Technology
your welcome.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.