[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crocodile murdered in AU just for being itself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: share-crocodile.jpg (321KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
share-crocodile.jpg
321KB, 1200x628px
http://www.baka.com.au/national/man-killed-by-crocodile-at-cahills-crossing-in-northern-territory-20170119-gtv22y.html

A man has been killed by a crocodile while trying to cross a river near the Kakadu National Park in the Northern Territory, police say.

The 47-year-old man was wading across Cahills Crossing, a causeway across the East Alligator River, with two women when he disappeared under the water about 4pm on Thursday.

The women raised the alarm and police and park rangers launched several boats to search for the man. His body was found about two kilometres downstream about 7pm.

Superintendent Warren Jackson, from Northern Territory Police, said a 3.3-metre crocodile was found close to the man's body. That crocodile was shot and killed, and its body will be recovered on Friday.

The East Alligator River at Cahills Crossing is infested with saltwater crocodiles, and signs have been erected at the spot warning people not to enter the water.

>see river named "Alligator River"
>decide it would be a good idea to get it in
how retarded so you have to be....

I kinda like the bit at the end:

The last death at the crossing was in 1987, when Kerry McLoughlin was decapitated by a 5.1-metre crocodile. The 40-year-old Jabiru man was out fishing with his son when he stumbled and fell off the causeway.

He threw a beer can at the animal but it seized him as he scrambled to escape up the riverbank.
>>
>>934062
why was it neccessary to kill the crocodile?
did it made the man to be alive again?
>>
>>934063
SOP.
>>
>>934063
that's kind of the whole point I was making

I never see the point in killing predators just because they killed some idiot who was dumb enough to enter their territory
(animals who display unusual aggressive behavior, showing up where they shouldn't be is another story)

in this case, like killing one crocodile is going to make the river safer?! as if any other crocodile wouldn't do the exact same thing?
>>
>>934063
>why was it neccessary to kill the crocodile?

To prevent the animal from learning that humans are really good food. You don't want another Gustav.
>>
>>934062
>murder
>societal constructs being applied to wild animals
Take your flawed sense of morality and shove it.
>>
>>934081
no the crocodile wont leave the swamp and roam around hunting humans
>>
>>934081
Crocodiles are not even good learners. They eat practically anything they can catch.
>>
>>934083
>>934086
Your uneducated opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>Superintendent Warren Jackson, from Northern Territory Police, said a 3.3-metre crocodile was found close to the man's body.
Maybe the killed it to safely and expediently retrieve the man's body before any further harm or deterioration happens to it?
>>
>>934062
former Territorian here, the number of crocs in NT has gotten pretty high recently but we're not allowed to cull them because the last time we did it we almost completely eradicated them.

it's also common for crocs to take abos but they're rarely reported because no one gives a shit if an abo is taken and it's usually better for the country anyway.
>>
>throwing a beer can at an angry crocodile
About the most Australian thing I can imagine.
I just know he would've shitposted about it if he had made it out alive.

What's the deal with crocs in Straya anyway? Can you hunt them, or are they protected?
>>
>>934090
>see this
>walkingwithdinosaurs.jpeg
never going to Australia
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.