[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did I do and what should I order next? looking for mainly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

How did I do and what should I order next? looking for mainly camping stuff but also SHTF stuff
>>
>>933867
I don't get the PVC patch, "glo tag" and paracord bracelet. Also you bought a book from Dave Canterbury )))
>>
>>933867
the jews must love you m8
>>
>>933870
>I don't get the PVC patch
just thought it was cool desu mate
>"glo tag"
Going to have my blood type and basic details on it
>paracord bracelet
bear grylls has one [spoiler] is it a meme? [/spoiler]
>Also you bought a book from Dave Canterbury
are his books not good?
>>933872
>the jews must love you m8
I get that sweet schizophrenia bux from the government so I have money to burn
>>
>>933867
You didn't do very well...
Are you buying gear or buyin toys?
>>
>>933882
what did I do wrong and what should I be doing? any good resources that'll help me learn this stuff?
>>
>>933883
You bought an expensive titanium canteen cup instead of something like aluminum, you'll learn to love the aluminum poisoning.

You bought two carabiners for 3 pounds (with 3 pounds shipping) when you could have just bought them locally.

The PVC patch is not needed.

You bought a paracord bracelet, which is not needed and you could have made it yourself and have had extra paracord (which in itself is a meme).

Why'd you buy toothbrushes when you could have bought it locally.

GLO TAG is pretty stupid.
>>
>>933891
alright thanks, going to cancel some of the stuff you mentioned and go to a local shop
>>
>>933867
>also SHTF stuff

For SHTF supplies I'd recommend getting some fishing tackle if you don't already have any.
>>
>>933895
I don't, will pick some up thanks
>>
>>933872
Honestly we are kind of confused
don't understand the glo tag or faux carabiners

But if he's happy good for him

Have fun op!
>>
>>933893
You should go local just cuz it seems like your new to all of this and hopefully the guys at the shop will give you a little direction.
>>
>>933899
yea I'm pretty new, are their shops that will only suggest the most expensive stuff? cause the only camping shop in my town is a halfords
>>
>>933872
Why am I lagging so hard? Thanks for the kek mate.
>>
>>933901
What is your goal here? Camping? Shtf?
Are you a bong? Maybe if you explain yourself people can help you and then you can order from the amazon or another online store with better prices.
>>
>>933910
britbong, primarily camping but would like some items that can be reused in SHTF
>>
>>933901
Every shop is different. Depends on who is working.

Honestly man we all buy dumb shit at the beginning (and even now) I have a gear pile of shit I'll never use again that I thought would be awesome. I found an old pair of ultra tech pants I used to wear and just cracked up at how fucking dumb I was. When I first started I treated every trip like I was going to Everest. It's all guess and and check. Just be safe and smart and enjoy being /out/
>>
>>933915
I should also add if you like it fuck what other people say. You want a glowing patch... rock that shit. You want to buy a paracord bracelet do it! Its your gear so you are the only person that has to like it
>>
Op from my personal experience....
Canteen cups are not stable placed or hanged.
Aluminium canten will get bumped and it already has pot with it as i see from text (mine has).
Carabiners - garbage.
Bracelets - garbage.
Titanium - meeh not worth it for most part. Thickness is so small i can destroy it with some weight like paper origami.
Backpack seems okish for day hike. (Quality from china will force you to buy a new one in some time when you already will want a new one which is nice).
>>
>>933913
Anon my advice is ditch everything, for real.

>SS cup
>sleeping bag
>hiking backpack instead of military style one
>Ferro rod is cheap but unless you're into bushcraft then a bic lighter does the trick
>headlamp
>nalgene
>mora companion
>tent/tarp/hammock/bivvy choose the one who fits you better
>some cord
If it's only for day hikes you can get away with pretty much a water bottle doe.
>>
>>933867
Don't get a gay molle memepack, get a hiking pack THAT FITS YOU.

Bin the plastic canteen, disposable water bottles are perfectly adequate.

Patches, carabiners and paracord bracelet also gay desu.

Ti pot looks ok.
>>
>>933897
Non-locking carabiners are great for hanging water bottles and other shit off your pack, but there's absolutely zero reason to buy locking ones if you're not climbing.
>>
>>934380
>disposable bottle meme
Enjoy your boititties and contribution to global pollution
t. a nalgene user
>>
Get a hiking pack. Those assault packs are a pain in the ass
>>
>>934480
>muh nalgene

t. retard who paid 20 shekels for a plastic bottle. End your life buddy
>>
>>934480
All plastic bottles are bad, like this thread
>>
>>934480
>he doesn't own an insulated bottle
>>
File: 1429522612116.jpg (91KB, 650x963px) Image search: [Google]
1429522612116.jpg
91KB, 650x963px
>>934567
>20 shekels
more like 8 shekels

>>934676
>extra weight that you can't even use to boil water
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.