[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stansport Scout Backpack Tent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 41DYsAsmACL.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41DYsAsmACL.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
Thinking about buying this simple tent, do you guys know the brand?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006V2B2I/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0006V2B2I&linkId=28ea35ff6b344c2b3fdb4d9b4c64d7a9
>>
Any other tent recommendations are welcome as well I ahve a budget of 50$ max but I really liked this clean cut look
>>
Out dated design. Won't do well in wind.
>>
>>933443
There's a reason this style tent has fallen out of favor. There's better designs out there.
>>
>>933454
>>933452
any recommendations
>>
This guy is just above 50 bucks. I bought it last year. Now it is my favorite backpacking tent. It's huge for the extra couple pounds.

Slumberjack Adult Daybreak 2 Tent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VWIGK8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.JsGyb9TSTNHS
>>
This is my hiking buddy's tent. It's under 50 right now and is actually pretty dope for the price.

Wenzel Lone Tree Tent - 2 Person https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A8E2F88/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ELsGyb2SG8Y70
>>
>>933639
Yep, ive had this for awhile. Good tent for the price range its in.
>>
>>933480
Zpacks
>>
>>933443
>3.8lbs
Thats a bit heavy for a tent of that design. Good price though. Have you considered making your own tent?
>>
I used this similar tent, same price and stuff.
I liked the tent. Was very roomy and I was able to get a friend in it. Wasn't that uncomfortable.

We didn't test it in the rain however, I imagine it's fine in light rain.
>>
>>933443
whats it look like folded up
>>
>>933443
I've been in the same boat OP. I haven't bought one yet, because when I want simple, I take a tarp. When I need an actual tent, I don't know if I'd want to rely on this one.

It has a bugnet door, but ventilation apparently sucks because there's no ability for cross breeze.

There's also some of the reviews that say it's only water resistant- not proof. Some say you need to pitch a tarp over it, others say it's how you pitch it. All in all, it doesn't inspire confidence.

The final thing is that apparently it's not as big as they say it is. Definitely for one person only, probly not gonna fit a pack in there too, and definitely not for tall people.

>DESU I was looking at the texsport willowbend/2man tent.

https://www.amazon.com/Texsport-Person-Camouflage-Trail-Tent/dp/B000P9GZGE' (Cheaper)

https://www.amazon.com/Texsport-Willowbend-Person-Backpacking-Camping/dp/B000P9EZPW (Non-Camo, actual model name)

It has a bugnet window in the back (poorly placed, but will work better than nothing) and it's actually big enough for two people or you and your pack.
It is 5$ more and one pound heavier, so there is that.

>Whatever you get let us know how it turns out.
>>
>>934457
also- A big complaint about all these cheaper tents are the steel stakes. I bought a pack of aluminum gutter nails a long time ago and use those with all my tents- lighter, better grip, more durable, all around better. WAAAAAy cheaper than TI or aluminum stakes purpose made.
>>
>>934457
scratch that the texsport is only .2 lbs heavier. definitely wortth the extra bit of weight and cost.
>>
>>933454
Why exactly? What's the negatives of this design? It look so nice
>>
File: 61EHPRGucGL._SL256_.jpg (15KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
61EHPRGucGL._SL256_.jpg
15KB, 256x192px
"Definitely a killer deal for the price. Went out and used it this last weekend up in the Idyllwild mountains of Southern California. It was about 32* that night, medium wind in the early AM. I was absolutely blown away with how sturdy the tent was. I tied all new knots and went out and bought heavy duty tent stakes and that seemed to help out. Tent was totally solid in the wind all night. I'm 6' 250lbs, and I fit in there pretty good. A little tight to get in and out because of the pup style pole right in the entrance but it was still passable. In the customer reviews, someone had a picture of one that had a small window opening in the back of the tent, mine did not. There was only and entrance and that was the only ventilation and mesh. Also, like most tents, it becomes an absolute oven in the sun so try to pitch it where there will be shade. Overall, in my one time use so far, I love it. I got it for motorcycle camping since it was small and lightweight, simple and proven in design and most of all, very affordable."

aight
>>
>>935228
not same poster, but I don't think the space is very efficient on the inside. Not super strong construction, so it has the potential to collapse in strong winds. difficult to enter & lack of a covered area at entry way means you need to take dirty boots + pack into tent with you.

that said, I like the design. It seems simple & robust- like you could easily fix whatever went wrong if it did go wrong. I feel like this style of tent has fallen out of favor because A) not slick/new cool fashionable and B) harder to set up the first few times (you have to be willing to fuck with it and learn and know some knots) but it can go up fast and be robust. I like it because despite being somewhat inefficient it is super simple and super simple = lightweight and robust.
>>
I would never buy a tent that doesn't have double isolation walls
>>
>>935881
?
>>
>>935881
i've gotten by with using a spare tarp as a windbreak. it was with a pop-up tent so single walled but not this shape
>>
>>935881
>Double isolation?
If you mean a double walled tent, you're either living in the arctic or 1970.
>>
>>936265
double walled tents rule, I'll never go single wall agin
>>
>>936682
Pop up tent buyer spotted
>>
>>936682
lazy ass bait
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-25+at+04.14.47).jpg (195KB, 657x438px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-25+at+04.14.47).jpg
195KB, 657x438px
>>933443
I have this exact tent
I dunno man, it works, but it's tiny, there's absolutely no room for gear, and it will get destroyed in rain or wind.
The poles fall over, and the design does not vent air well at all.

I switched to a Eureka Downrange, which is literally impenetrable to rain and wind, absolutely night and day, wonderful tent and not too heavy, but a pretty hefty price tag.

Pic related, on the right.
>>
>>937701
did you have to seal it with a spray? how was it in the rain?
>>
>>938204
Never tried it in the rain. Never bothered to seal it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.