[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is fjallraven a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: caida_edgar_cae-thumb.jpg (21KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
caida_edgar_cae-thumb.jpg
21KB, 400x302px
Hello /out/ists, I'm looking to buy a good durable multi use pair of pants for /out/ing. Most of my activities are done hiking/backpacking in the Sierras in California, with the occasional scrambling here and there, I also do some mountaineering in the winter months of the year and a few trips every year to Oregon and Arizona. would appreciate pants made of at least water resistant material that doesn't involve the whole wax applying meme. Which leads me to my only concern about fjallraven, I've been looking at their Vidda Pro and Keb Trousers. I'm working with a budget of $200-300 USD. Is Fjallraven the best option for my mentioned activities and the buget I'm working with? Are there other similar brands models I could choose from that offer durability, ruggedness, water resistant and breathable material?
>>
Fjallraven are either water resistant or breathable, depending on if you used wax or not. The money is far better spent on softshell pants, rab or me or something. More water reistant, breathable, comfortable and lighter. You can prolly get two pairs for 300 dolaroos
>>
Fjallraven pants are the most comfortable /out/ pants ive worn.
10/10 would recommend.

Their shorts are also super nice to wear during summer.

But they are very European in size and if you are a manlet i wouldnt reccomend.

If you are lucky like me and there is a fjallraven store nearby would reccomend you try them on first.
>>
>>933402
Fuck off, softshells don't hold up to real use.
OP get a pair of fjällräven Barents Pro, and some trouser blousers to go with them. Literally best trousers you can get, and only run like 130€
>>
>>933434
>hiking backpacking
>scrambling
>mountaineering
>>
>>933404
>But they are very European in size and if you are a manlet i wouldnt reccomend.
Well, the legs on Fjällräven pants are longer for the sole reason that you can tailor the optimal length for yourself.

Fjällräven pants might be on the expensive side but they're damn worth it.
>>
>>933377
For "bushcrafty" stuff where you might be around fire and sharp things a lot, then the hard-wearing cotton canvas style G1000 will hold up better since it won't melt when sparks land on it, but for hiking where mobility is the concern, look at Arcteryx pants, or if you can find them, UF Pro P-40 terrain trousers are supposedly incredibly stretchy in the crotch, which is something you want for hiking.
>>
Fjallraven is a huge meme. Everything they have is overpriced, impractical (waxed cotton in 2017?), and ugly. Their pants are okay but you could do better for less.
>>
I just did a snowboard trip in upper MN and used their wax on a couple cotton outer layers of two hoodies.

I mainly dud it to see if it would work on cotton, but I an a believer in the wax. Can't speak for their clothing though.

I have since applied some to a work/outside hoodie on the hood area and it working great for the ice/rain we are getting in WI now. I may apply some more wax to my upper sleeves and vowel area.
>>
All these pleb replies.

>memeteryx
>cotton
>tacticool pants
>muh wax

Mfw no one has mentioned Haglofs Rugged II mountain pant.

DYE/out/???
>>
>>933588
W/e floats your boat friend, if you want to spend that on one pair of pants.

5 bucks for some wax to use on multiple pairs of decent/rugged pair of pants you already own is a bready good deal imo.
>>
Holy shit I remember that vid.

One of the first memes I remember.
>>
OR Ferrosi pants have become my go to for most things. They are comfy, breath well, dry fast, and block most of the weather (they deff get wet if it's really raining though). The only downside to these are they aren't super durable so I have to buy a new pair each year.
>>
>>933455
Excuse me being potentially retarded but all my pants have the built in buttons to make the bottom tight for hiking in snow. How does one tailor the pants w/o fucking up them
>>
>>933743
The first viral video I saw

Ya por favor idiotaaa aaaaaah!
>>
I saw that brand in my local out shop. The shop itself is for rich ppl and this brand is too. Better go to thrift shop because no moneys
>>
Pretty much a meme.

I'm in Finland this winter and was super excited to see their stuff in person. Went to a fjallraven store and was underwhelmed. Lots of cotton, made in China, super expensive etc. I don't mind spending money for quality but I just didn't see the point.

Having said that, would love a FR parka for city use. For actual hiking and camping I don't really see the point.
>>
>>933860
Maybe yours isn't for tailoring then. My pants (Karl) hasn't buttons on the legs.
If the legs are still too long for you, i suppose you either start growing or bringing it to a real tailor.
>>
>>933990
>I'm in Finland this winter
>expensive stuff is now super expensive
Finland is expensive in the first place.

I suggest you actually try them on for actual hiking.
>>
>>933997
Yes Finland is expensive, but FR costs the same here as intl website.
>>
>>933995
Well they fit me fine I'm 6'5 ". Was just letting anyone shorter know that some pants are made to be tailored like i thought. Which is why id say if there is any way to try them on beforehand, do it.

Thanks for the info
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.