[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wormy meats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: TurkeyHuntNoQuota-480x600[1].png (199KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
TurkeyHuntNoQuota-480x600[1].png
199KB, 480x600px
hello /out/ , today I intended to go hog/boar hunting in north Florida but was told by my friend's redneck neighbor that the temperature needed to freeze 2-3 nights in a row to kill all the worms in the animals' meat.

is he retarded or is there really worms in all the wild meat out there? i remember that scene in Into The Wild where emile hirsch finds wormies in a moose he shot? i kinda forgot about that until this morning when old cracker said that shit.

pls help
>>
Put it in the freezer for a week and cook well
>>
>>933100
lol

I've heard rabbits and stuff are safer in the winter with regards to parasites, but even if it is true it has absolutely nothing to do with freezing temps killing the parasites in the meat. Warm blooded animals keep their bodies at a fairly consistent temperature regardless of weather.
>>
>>933100
Wild hogs are known to carry roundworms which cause trichinosis. You can get it from any pork, but it has been basically eliminated from farm raised pigs.

Freezing can help, but you need to freeze for at least 3 weeks, and even then it doesn't kill all types of the worm. The best way is to just fully Cook the meat. Use a meat thermometer to make sure. Has to be at least 160 degrees internal temp. Doing so ensures it will be dead.

Your redneck neighbor has the right idea, but freezing for 3 days doesn't really do anything.

The disease isn't life threatening anyways if you do get it, just sucks and you need meds for a while.

The worms aren't like earthworms, they're tiny. Like needing a microscope to see them. Worms won't crawl out when you cut the hog open.
>>
>>933100
Idk about killing the worms in the meat, but rabbit hunting is better after the first hard frost. All the sick ones with parasites die off.
>>
>>933114
so there will be dead worms in the meat if frozen? and when cooked to 160+ deg F there will be cooked up dead worm bodies in the damn meat?

i might just stick to cows, man :(
>>
You know there IS a reason why jews made it illegal to eat pigs.
>>
>>933361
You can get worms in any meat bruv. Store bought fresh fish, especially shit like flounder, will often times have live worms in the fillets. Chickens, dogs, cows, cats, pigs, you name it... They all get worms. This is why you should properly cook your food. Just treat wild pork meat like you would poultry and don't eat it undercooked. I eat wild pig all the time man, it's delicious and cheap.
>>
>>933100
I would much rather risk getting worms, than consume factory farmed pork.
>>
>>933540
what is the reason for this good sir ?
>>
File: haters2.gif (2MB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
haters2.gif
2MB, 400x301px
>>933361
Congrats - you just found a valuable source of fresh extra brotein, neatly broken down into little digestable bits by heat degradation.
>>
File: maxresdefault (0).jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (0).jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>933519

Humans?
>>
>>936750
Well yeah, humans can get worms too.
>>
>>933366
You don't know what you're talking about
>>
File: 20160305_225443.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160305_225443.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>933100
I've killed pigs ( and other things) in SWFL all times of the year and have never had a problem. Probably 15 hogs in the past 2 years. Just wear gloves when you clean it and cook it thoroughly, to 160 deggres F, I think it was.

Nice pic. It's hard tracking down the WMAs that don't require quota permits.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.